Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

7 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I've seen it before.

What do you make of Drums today? Torch carrying for the scum or taking the bait? The JETS kill really thru me off, not gonna lie.

Also I might be coming around to a Scum-Knee/Beaver team. What do you think?

Drums’s reactions and thoughts felt authentic to me in a townie way. Previous to today they were reserved and possibly setting up something or not wanting to give up info, but today he explained things in a way i could understand. 

bum-knee I was prodding to see how he deals with a little pressure and it came off as largely defensive and confrontational. However what is hard for me is why say he thinks i went from scummy to neutral. Why did he think stark was town and felt strongly about it? He was obviously right, but that’s something i’m still missing. 

beaver is still hard for me to read. He’s hung onto pdx for a little while now but I have to go through his posts a little more i think. 

Part of why stark being town throwing me is that it’s hard for me to peg three more scum. It’s possible 80 balanced 4 scum who all have 1x powers instead of 5 but that’s just conjecture. 

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

Yo what was with this vote?

I don’t remember what day that was but him, spoot, and smash were my top three at one point. Only after ctm really joined and was active did i peel off ctm/crusher. 

5 hours ago, Drums said:

Had JVOR but I am deciding if I should vote for pdx now and want to think about it tomorrow. 

Unless you’re set on pdx there is room for discussion on all candidates really. I know we’ve powered through lynches in a follow the leader style but that’s usually atypical, there is usually competing vote trains most of the time to give town more info. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I'll make it easier on you:

Bum-Knee: Voted Verbal d1, Voted to Holster, voted Smash D3, didn't vote d4, Voted Stark d5

Beaver: Voted CTM d1, Voted to Holster, voted PDX d3 (which is kind of pingy because the rest of us voted smash because he didn't die the day before and that was really weird), voted pdx d4, voted Stark d5

Wait bum knee voted stark and said he had a town read on stark? Does that not strike you as weird?

1 minute ago, A.J. said:

I went back and I multi quoted all the D2 VCs in order (minus duplicates) so we can see how the wagons built up and changed as the phase progressed. I'm gonna post them all for you guys to see - and analyze - and add my thoughts as well. D2 was huge because it was the first scum lynch so it should be revealing to see where scum trying to go

Keep in mind they had smash’s power. Might muddle the reading a little bit since both sides had some incentive to lynch him once since they did not know verbal was 1 shot vig at the time. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:59 PM, jvill 51 said:

Ok so after a quick skim:

JC: I've got him as town right now. Seems like the case against him is solely based on inactivity, which he claims is not out of the ordinary for him, and that claim is backed up by a vet who would know that and happens to be our only confirmed townie. More interesting to me are the other vets who quickly jumped on the lynch JC bandwagon, knowing his alleged MO.

Smash: has been all over the place since right before the Verb reveal. I'd say he's scum, but nothing he's done so far has felt coordinated to me, which I assume mafia would be doing.

Spoot: Leaning towards scum. Need to dive back into the case against him. He's seemingly been a top target for everyone, but honestly after The Long Night I've forgotten why. In terms of more recent events, the fact that JiF was adamant that he was either target 1A or 1B, and then JiF turns up dead in the morning, is a strike against Spoot. But also seems like mafia could be setting him up there.

GATA: Again need to do a deeper dive, but her play hasn't sat right with me recently. The quick vote on Spoot to open up the day just struck me as knowing Spoot was the most likely candidate to take some early heat and she wanted to be on the train early. I'm also not really buying the back and forth between her and Spoot.

I'll do a more thorough reread of the past few pages after I eat some dinner. 

Fyi jville posts this earlier. Follow up post incoming. 

On 2/15/2020 at 12:20 AM, jvill 51 said:

I think we've probably got two vets and two newbies as scum. I think its likely one of the vets has been bussing, and the other has been trying to defend his scummates. Since I'm leaning heavily towards Spoot as the one scum defending his fellow scum this list follows based off that. If Spoot flips town it would change but I'm pretty confident he's dirty rotten scum. (Note the list within the groupings isn't necessarily in order.

Scum Senses Tingling Heavy:

1. Spoot - I've explained why before. Pivotal vote that ensured CTM's demise Day 1. Big swing vote to try and keep a semi-unlynchable Smash from getting a bullet between the eyes on Night 1. JiF pointing his way from the outset, JiF ending up dead Night 1. CTM pointing his way, CTM gets a bullet Night 3. Either he's Forrest Gump showing up at pivotal moments through sheer happenstance or he's scum. I'd feel pretty damn confident betting on scum. I don't see myself voting anywhere else today.

Scum Senses Tingling Medium:

JVOR - his thoughts have mostly aligned with mine. He was all in to shoot Smash night 1, all in to lynch Smash thereafter, and right there in agreement that Spoot is the most likely candidate today. But I thought that if someone was bussing, and its likely that someone is, it was CTM, and they killed him off last night. He's the next man up in that regard and I think scum would be able to sneak him into the end of the game his voting records been so good. 

AJ - Had you firmly pegged as town, but as CTM said, almost so town that I'm suspicious. And there's not a lot to go off of with you unfortunately since you took over pretty recently and your predecessor didn't leave much of a track record. Would be easy for you to slide right in as the helpful townie with Smash already on the verge of lynch with or without your vote.

Scum Senses Tingling Light:

Stark - If Spoot flips town I think he goes to the top of the list. If Spoot flips scum he might drop. Need to see how it plays out though.

Newbies:

Really don't have a firm read on any of them. Need more info/deaths/posts. I remember thinking I'd put Booz at the bottom of the list of suspected newbies but can't remember why.

Town Senses Tingling Heavy:

JC - I get the inactivity arguments but I feel like scum have been trying to throw him under the bus and cast suspicion on him solely for that reason from the very beginning of the game. Nothing he's actually done has struck me as anti-town, and I believe he said going as far back as the sign-up for this game that he'd likely be limited in his ability to post. A convenient target to throw out whenever heat gets too heavy on scum.

GATA - I've been back and forth on her from the beginning of the game, but she's struck me as town recently. Even if I haven't always agreed with her I get where she's been coming from. Was all aboard the shoot train Night 1, was willing to take the bullet herself, and doesn't seem to be trying too hard to appear too pro-town so I don't think she's bussing. That could just be because she is incapable of replicating human emotions though.

Confirmed Town:

Nolder

Jvill

Imo this might be the breadcrumb post. He flipped his read on gata 180 and used heavy to indicate strong feelings and medium or light  to indicate reads 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Imo this might be the breadcrumb post. He flipped his read on gata 180 and used heavy to indicate strong feelings and medium or light  to indicate reads 

By strong feelings i mean possible investigations. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beaver said:

Oh who let the mossad in here?

Claim your role at this point since you’re pretty much a candidate to lynch and an explanation as to why you shouldn’t be the lynch. 

Everyone in my pool of suspicion is generally so passive it’s hard to make sense Between it. They haven’t generally done a lot of noteworthy townIe apparent actions either. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, deckerfan said:

@Nynaeve

yeah but didnt u say u want to make sure u get today right or something

And not much i do at this point is going to give me clarity. I’ve already reread a bunch. If you have a scum tell based on weak ass reasoning like one statement outweighing an entire game’s worth of play than nothing i say is going to really change your reasoning. 

I think gata is a wasted lynch. The cop Imo seems to have viewed jc night one and spoot guilty and gata town subsequently. 

i posted it above and the way he structured it aligns with the changing reads on gata he had.

• Upvote 2

On 2/10/2020 at 8:59 PM, jvill 51 said:

Ok so after a quick skim:

JC: I've got him as town right now. Seems like the case against him is solely based on inactivity, which he claims is not out of the ordinary for him, and that claim is backed up by a vet who would know that and happens to be our only confirmed townie. More interesting to me are the other vets who quickly jumped on the lynch JC bandwagon, knowing his alleged MO.

Smash: has been all over the place since right before the Verb reveal. I'd say he's scum, but nothing he's done so far has felt coordinated to me, which I assume mafia would be doing.

Spoot: Leaning towards scum. Need to dive back into the case against him. He's seemingly been a top target for everyone, but honestly after The Long Night I've forgotten why. In terms of more recent events, the fact that JiF was adamant that he was either target 1A or 1B, and then JiF turns up dead in the morning, is a strike against Spoot. But also seems like mafia could be setting him up there.

GATA: Again need to do a deeper dive, but her play hasn't sat right with me recently. The quick vote on Spoot to open up the day just struck me as knowing Spoot was the most likely candidate to take some early heat and she wanted to be on the train early. I'm also not really buying the back and forth between her and Spoot.

I'll do a more thorough reread of the past few pages after I eat some dinner. 

@Nolder this is early in the game. Note the jc read and his opinion on gata. Then look at the tingling post and read his separation between medium light and strong. 

Just now, Drums said:

How do you feel about Jvill being suspicious of you? Sorry if you've already answered this. 

He quoted later on that he was worried about bussing as the concern but that it was paranoia. 

Contrary to what may be seeming to be coming across i’m also minorly concerned about bussing because really good and competent players are hard to read the same way. They get good at distancing between teammates, good at hiding scumtells, and good at faking town tells. 

That being said, this game has two or three scum left in most likelihood. I like my chances better finding the clumsier scum first and then maximizing the info i have to  try and figure out if a bus did in fact occur. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Drums said:

I bought into the bussing idea yesterday hard as you saw and still believe it happened/is happening. Maybe I was wrong with the players but wouldn't that be a smart thing to do? I'm asking you and the other vets. Must be happening.

Smart in general yes. But here is why smash and spoot bussing is less likely. 

Think of the game setup. The ONLY way that town had to avoid using the 1x unlynchable was a 1x vig. That’s it. Think of what happened as a result of the fact that verbal didn’t shoot smash: We shot an extra townie cause verbal took a horrible shot (haha he’ll enjoy this one) and smash lynched And not dying kind of meant scum got a free night kill. 

think how Powerful it would have been if town didn’t get unlynchable out right away. We could think we had An extra lynch to spare, scum blitzes smash, and we lose unexpectedly. 

Also, scum is only in good position because they got the cop. Who in their right mind blitzes two of their teammates early on with the risk that a cop investigates them and foils the bus plan. That’s such a massive risk to take and depends on you hitting cop without him clearing too many people or nailing you to foil the gambit. 

now post smash and spoot i think it’s definitely possible bussing could appear. 

On 2/15/2020 at 4:11 PM, BUM-KNEE said:

Well..... I think JC is, hes just been acting ******* weird man. He flip-flops a bit and seems to be leading people in his questioning. (maybe a game skill?) Dunno, just seems untrustworthy to me.

GATA has turned from Town to Scum for me. The trailing off in gameplay and lack of digging seems pretty scummy to me.

PDX could be scum, there seems to be a lackadaisical plod to his game that smells funny.

There are a couple more that ping, but I wanna see what plays out with them.

Sorry thats all I have a "feel" for at the moment. Ive been trying to concentrate on who I think is Town more lately.

Where have we seen this theme before? Jc...scum, gata...scum, JVOR is bussing... 

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:44 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty cool that we have 10 new people in this game and may only end up having to replace 1 of them.  

Then again Ape hasn't gotten going yet.  Perhaps I speak too soon.  

Quoting for posterity

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I feel like I tried to get that train going a couple of times and luckily it didn't get any steam because after this I feel pretty good about all of you guys.

You’ve played very well for your first game and think you’ll be a very strong player. It’s clear that you’re analytical, you just probably need some games as scum hopefully with an experienced teammate and to know what kind of scum or town indicators people give. 

(Assuming you’re town) which one can never 100% be sure of. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Ok so after some pondering, I think Gata hiding something scummy. The cop may or may not have looked into her, seems like he wouldve said it more forcefully if he really believed her. Maybe thats gameplay, I dont know. Im a newb. Pretty much every interaction Ive had with her has been odd. Some other players too. Answering a question with a question? Pretty much. She trailed off earlier in the game, and hasnt explained that to me at all.  Im going on my hunch.

I cant ponder any more, Im tired.

VOTE GATA

This is the most telling vote for bum imo. 

“cop may have said so more forcefully” . It’s weird to try to discredit the working theory there. This to me is an example of competing interests. Town would want to try to clear some people off the muddled list while bum is trying to discredit it to keep the pool murky. 

The defensive responses earlier to prodding also adds up. 

I also don‘t think there is an instance where bum voted for scum readily. Am i mistaken? this vote alone is possibly trying to save beaver. If drums didn’t switch trains and decker hopped on we’d have two at l-1

• Upvote 3

Just now, A.J. said:

Bum-Knee was pretty obviously slow playing that vote on GATA I think in the hopes someone else would vote first so he didn’t have to tying vote.

Decker stinks too. He consistently was trying to find reasons for Beaver to be Town. The SK case, the no claim, etc.

Both of these dudes need to fry and in a hurry. 2 scum left and it looks like they just got outed in a last ditch effort not to lynch their third. I respect that and no hard feelings fellas, just playing my wincon

If alive those two are exclusively my votes tomorrow for now. 

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure Nolder is tunneling way too hard on GATA. Her play has been pretty pro town for the most part in her votes and actions without considering the jvill thing. Could she still be scum? Maybe. But i think the chances are pretty low. 

How about we keep voting the people who have done very little protown and go from there? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I've asked you more than once if you thought I needed anything more because I don't think I do and you never answered. You want me to case her beyond D1? Is that actually necessary or are you just saying it to say it now?

Cool. How was I supposed to know that? You didn't say anything about it.

I didn't have the time as I was making my own case as requested by same people. All I asked was for a little time to decompress after I spent almost 6 hours straight making my case on Gata. I guess that was too much to ask for though since ya'll lynched without me. I mean good job you got the scum but **** you you're totally cutting me out of the game while at the same time asking me to participate more it doesn't make sense. I spent the time to reread and make a case and no one gave a sh*t. Why would I want to do anything more when no one cares what I have to say anyway?

Think you’re going through a little confirmation bias personally and the thought of spending a lot of time reading something that you might be wrong about in retrospect kind of sucks. 

that being said, chill out dude. A lot of us Played together before and though we rib with each other it’s a well bonded community. Sure you have your pac *holes here who would run you over with their lawn mower without a second thought, but we all respect each other for the most part and us asking for your opinion is because we wanted your input. 

we can also disagree. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, Smashmouth said:

Verbals Shot:

Verbal (1) Brickhouse

Spoot (2) GATA, Boozer

GATA (2) kdels62, ID 

Smash (3) JOVR, jvill51, Just End Me

Holster (7) Smash,Drums, Beaver, Spoot, Crusher, BUM-KNEE, Stark

Not Participating (1) Ape

Majority gets Shot. I guess we should bold our votes just like a real vote.

The Moderator does not approve this message. :)

**** Him

Btw weird how three holster voters were scum, huh? Like i said, night one was a good information night even though it was painfully long because scum had incentive to protect smash or spoot from getting shot. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company