Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

17 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Hi everyone. Can I get a SitRep?

What game day is it? Are there any confirmed roles? Any claimed roles?

Is there an argument or situation I should weigh in on?

Any and all help to get me started is appreciated.

Day 2. 3 townies dead. Verbal claimed town vigilante, fired night 1. Smash claimed role cop. If there isn’t an argument for you to weigh in on yet, just wait a few minutes.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Day 2. 3 townies dead. Verbal claimed town vigilante, fired night 1. Smash claimed role cop. If there isn’t an argument for you to weigh in on yet, just wait a few minutes.

Did Verbal kill anyone? If so, who? Did he claim 1 shot vig or can he keep shooting?

Did Smash out his investigations?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, GATA said:

I wanted to shoot spoot and was the only one voting for him you think going to sleep is going to change that? I’m ok with my vote and said why I thought we should shoot him 

That was one of the things that seemed off actually, if looking at it from the angle that Spoot is scum. Looked like you could have been parking a vote on Spoot when no one else had voted for him and he wasn’t actually in danger if Verbal followed the poll results. Then getting an early jump on the most likely lynch candidate in Day 2. If there was no way Spoot survived the day, you could have had prime position as one of the first on that train, throwing off suspicion. Probably classic overthinking, but that was my thought process.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GATA said:

honestly, the player that has been surprisingly inactive is Stark IMO. 

I thought I’d see much more during the night phase and even in our current D2 phase

His vote was most suspicious to me. Based off of inactivity when he himself has been largely inactive, and I remember someone stating he’s usually big into charts, notes, etc.

Okay, after the re-read here is what I got:

Gata: She was the one who started the early Verbal train (a notoriously easy lynch)

On 2/6/2020 at 9:43 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 1 Vote Count

• Verbal (8) - GATA, Smash, JC, CTM, ID., BUM-KNEE, kdels62, Brick
  • CTM (4) - Crusher, JustEndTheSuffering, Drums, JiF
  • Jetscode1 (2) - Verbal, Spoot
  • BUM-KNEE (1) - Stark
  • SR24 (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (4) - SR24, pdxgreen, 32EBoozer, jvill 51

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.  

DAY 1 DEADLINE TO ACHIEVE A LYNCH:  Friday, 3 PM EST

then she chided him for his reveal multiple times, even though he was at L-3 and she should well know how easy it is for Verb to get lynched, and that anything less than a role claim wouldn't have prevented that

On 2/6/2020 at 11:06 AM, GATA said:

OK 

Idk why reveal you're a PR so early on you'll just get targeted 

To me if true this is not a good move by you.

w.e if you're not we'll catch your lie 

UNVOTE

On 2/6/2020 at 12:26 PM, GATA said:

You don't think "hey guys, I'm VT" let's look at someone else would suffice. 

Yes, you have 1 vote and 1 kill but you could have been much more productive not revealing your PR IMO (in my opinion) That way you don't have a mark on your back w/e play how you want I won't vote you today. 

On 2/6/2020 at 3:24 PM, GATA said:

What's the concern? I wouldn't do it even with doc. You are a clear target. Again I said play as you want I would have revealed after a couple of shots. 

After unvoting Verb she jumps on the CTM train, which is conveniently the next highest train after Verb's, and stays there for the rest of Day 1.

On 2/6/2020 at 11:08 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 1 Vote Count

• Verbal (7) - Smash, JC, ID., BUM-KNEE, kdels62, Brick, Beaver
  • CTM (5) - Crusher, JustEndTheSuffering, Drums, JiF, jvill 51
  • Crusher (2) - Stark, CTM
  • Jetscode1 (2) - Verbal, Spoot

Not Voting (4) - SR24, pdxgreen, 32EBoozer, GATA

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.  

DAY 1 DEADLINE TO ACHIEVE A LYNCH:  Friday, 3 PM EST

On 2/6/2020 at 11:21 AM, GATA said:

vote the dirty hippie aka CTM

Then, about 15 minutes to deadline, she starts questioning Stark about his read of Crusher, which pinged at the time because it reads like a half-assed attempt at appearing to scumhunt right before deadline.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:43 PM, GATA said:

Where did he Ping for you?

On 2/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, GATA said:

^ @Stark this?

During the Night Phase she was one of the most vocal trying to drive a shot. The entire time she kept harping on about a chance to shoot scum, while stubbornly ignoring the small percent chance of that actually happening, filling the thread with nonsense, and giving a hard time just to get her to answer a simple question. Read to me like she just really wanted someone to get shot.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:43 PM, Verbal said:

And if I hit a townie?  Where's the "townie gain" in that?

On 2/7/2020 at 4:45 PM, GATA said:

Info !!!!!!  

^^Apparently the info we'd get from Verb's shot would be worth the price of a Townie getting hit, and yet I've yet to hear what kind of info she's gathered on it.

On 2/8/2020 at 9:05 AM, GATA said:

?I made the poll,  & gave my Reasons why. Currently, there’s only a handful of us talking id like to see more from everyone else before casting my vote. 

Idc what you want to call out do it.

^^Wants people to vote to shoot someone, but refuses to choose for herself.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:33 PM, GATA said:

He’s out as vig or Sk already; scum is either taking care of him tonight or the next night and if it’s tonight we don’t have another chance to direct his shot . And we still have a chance of hitting scum. 

Kind of like the last min CTM vote this post feels Convenient. 

shoot spoot 

^^Finally chooses for herself, but basically wants to shoot me just because I disagree with her about the value of vetting Verb's ability outweighing the likely cost of the shot landing on Town. Oh, but "we" (AKA Verb) have a chance to hit Scum.

What I find "convenient" is that this is after I already began to gain traction as a lynch/shot target.

14 hours ago, GATA said:

I'm VT I gave my reasons why I think you should shoot. If you hit me you won't hit PR either.

Do as you please 

^And here she just willingly volunteers her role out of the blue. An incredibly stupid move if Town. There was no reason for her to do this. You're pretty much telling Scum that they should ignore you when planning their NK, and it makes it easier for them to find PRs.

Most of her posts are garbage, and aside from a myriad of posts aimed at helping the noobs, there's not a whole lot that she has contributed to Town. I've seen enough here to put her on my radar.

On 2/8/2020 at 5:42 PM, Smashmouth said:

@The Crusher by taking your vote off holster you are putting me at risk since now the vote is 4-3

On 2/8/2020 at 5:49 PM, The Crusher said:

Unvote JVOR vote holster 

Maybe I missed something, because I never saw anyone question this, but I don’t get why, at this point (before Smash revealed) Crush was so concerned with Smash’s well-being? Feel like if they were scum though they would have hashed this out in private. Actually paints them more as town in my eyes.

• Upvote 1

JC now.

There's a lot less content to go through, but here's what else I found:

On 2/5/2020 at 3:15 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Are you suggesting Brick is scum?  Me no like you chasing low-hanging fruit.  

^His first post that pinged. He's quoting a post of Verb that is asking whether Brick has read his QT yet. That was a legitimate question since 80 publicly stated that Brick had not yet read it at some point. JC throwing shade at Verb for this reeks of someone not reading and just throwing weak FoS's i.e. Scum.

On 2/6/2020 at 8:33 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I'd prefer to just lynch Verbal to see if he's telling the truth...ugh...most of you won't agree.  Unvote, Vote JiF

On 2/6/2020 at 10:50 PM, The Crusher said:

I will. Unvote vote verb 

On 2/7/2020 at 7:16 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote, vote Verb

^Won't vote Verb because "most won't agree" *COUGH* pussy *COUGH*  but only takes 1 person to vote Verb for him to change his mind. Odd.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:08 PM, Jetscode1 said:

You ping douchebag.

^OMGUS response to me for casing him about being absent, and showing up to put random, caseless vote down on JiF.

On 2/8/2020 at 10:10 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Yes, anyone can claim a role.  The repercussions are political (depends on each player's biases) and often leads to comments like "lynch all liars".  Not saying it always leads to an auto lynch it really depends on the claim.  Obviously lying about a cop or doc role will get you lynched sooner than later. 

^Basically the only useful post he has had all game, and it obviously says nothing about the game.

There was also a post where he OMGUS'd Crusher for something, but I seemed to have lost it just now, and I don't have it in my to go back and find it.

So, to summarize JC's game thus far, it's been: show up, do the "magic 8 ball" bit, disappear for 24 hours, show up to place random vote with no case, OMGUs someone, disappear again, show up, OMGUS someone else, rinse, repeat. He's rarely here, and when he is, he isn't doing anything to help Town. I want to lynch him on policy just for that sh*t, and that's the reason I'm voting him over Gata right now.

• Upvote 1

My main question regarding Smash is how the hell do we vet him? I looked up the role cop online and it seems like it’s just as likely to be a scum role as it is a town role. And if he is scum, who’s to say he isn’t limited to one investigation?

So, experienced players, is there a way to vet him on this?

• Upvote 1

Re: @GATA's case on me.

She says my last minute vote on CTM was "opportunistic" just to lynch the highest train. I clearly outlined my thinking for my vote at the time, but I'll state it simply again.

I started reading back about 1hr 30mins before deadline, and at the time the leading trains were Verb, Crusher, and CTM. I obviously wasn't going to try to start or vote on a new/lesser train, because that would've been useless. The funny thing is, she justified her own vote on CTM for doing precisely that with the Ape train. I also had previously stated my unwillingness to vote Verb over the potential of killing a PR, so the choice for me was narrowed to two. For Crusher, there were a few posts of his that I liked and rang Townie to me, because he appeared to echo some similar thoughts that I had, and for CTM there really wasn't much to like; just a lot of loose/lazy play. I basically voted CTM for the same reasons that Gata claimed as reason to have her vote on him for much of Day 1.

I'm exhausted and need to sleep. I'll answer any more questions/inquiries tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay, after the re-read here is what I got:

Gata: She was the one who started the early Verbal train (a notoriously easy lynch)

then she chided him for his reveal multiple times, even though he was at L-3 and she should well know how easy it is for Verb to get lynched, and that anything less than a role claim wouldn't have prevented that

After unvoting Verb she jumps on the CTM train, which is conveniently the next highest train after Verb's, and stays there for the rest of Day 1.

Then, about 15 minutes to deadline, she starts questioning Stark about his read of Crusher, which pinged at the time because it reads like a half-assed attempt at appearing to scumhunt right before deadline.

During the Night Phase she was one of the most vocal trying to drive a shot. The entire time she kept harping on about a chance to shoot scum, while stubbornly ignoring the small percent chance of that actually happening, filling the thread with nonsense, and giving a hard time just to get her to answer a simple question. Read to me like she just really wanted someone to get shot.

^^Apparently the info we'd get from Verb's shot would be worth the price of a Townie getting hit, and yet I've yet to hear what kind of info she's gathered on it.

^^Wants people to vote to shoot someone, but refuses to choose for herself.

^^Finally chooses for herself, but basically wants to shoot me just because I disagree with her about the value of vetting Verb's ability outweighing the likely cost of the shot landing on Town. Oh, but "we" (AKA Verb) have a chance to hit Scum.

What I find "convenient" is that this is after I already began to gain traction as a lynch/shot target.

^And here she just willingly volunteers her role out of the blue. An incredibly stupid move if Town. There was no reason for her to do this. You're pretty much telling Scum that they should ignore you when planning their NK, and it makes it easier for them to find PRs.

Most of her posts are garbage, and aside from a myriad of posts aimed at helping the noobs, there's not a whole lot that she has contributed to Town. I've seen enough here to put her on my radar.

Jesus, and I thought I was crazy for re-reading 15ish pages in the dead of night. How the hell did you sort through all the memes and GFYs?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

To be fair, I often look like Scum when I play, even when I'm Town. It's mostly just because of how I play. And, despite 80 labeling me a "vet" I'm still quite new to this. I've only been playing four years now, and that is even with a couple of off-seasons where I either seldom played, or didn't play at all. Most of the other vets here have been playing close to 10+ years.

I guess you could call me a "seasoned noob", as I'm still very much learning the game.

Ahh the prejaded years. 

2 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

My main question regarding Smash is how the hell do we vet him? I looked up the role cop online and it seems like it’s just as likely to be a scum role as it is a town role. And if he is scum, who’s to say he isn’t limited to one investigation?

There is no vetting in most cases. There is a concept called bussing, which is to throw your mafia teammate under the bus for the greater good of looking really clean yourself to go for the win. 

even If Smash sorted out a cop vs cop or doc vs doc situation, it doesn’t automatically mean he’s townie. 

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

JC now.

There's a lot less content to go through, but here's what else I found:

^His first post that pinged. He's quoting a post of Verb that is asking whether Brick has read his QT yet. That was a legitimate question since 80 publicly stated that Brick had not yet read it at some point. JC throwing shade at Verb for this reeks of someone not reading and just throwing weak FoS's i.e. Scum.

^Won't vote Verb because "most won't agree" *COUGH* pussy *COUGH*  but only takes 1 person to vote Verb for him to change his mind. Odd.

^OMGUS response to me for casing him about being absent, and showing up to put random, caseless vote down on JiF.

^Basically the only useful post he has had all game, and it obviously says nothing about the game.

There was also a post where he OMGUS'd Crusher for something, but I seemed to have lost it just now, and I don't have it in my to go back and find it.

So, to summarize JC's game thus far, it's been: show up, do the "magic 8 ball" bit, disappear for 24 hours, show up to place random vote with no case, OMGUs someone, disappear again, show up, OMGUS someone else, rinse, repeat. He's rarely here, and when he is, he isn't doing anything to help Town. I want to lynch him on policy just for that sh*t, and that's the reason I'm voting him over Gata right now.

You obviously have more flair for Day 1 than most.  I used to policy lynch this one dude for a couple of years.  It was fun.

4 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

The only real way to vett him is how he votes.  Does his voting pattern lynch town or scum?  

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Re: @GATA's case on me.

She says my last minute vote on CTM was "opportunistic" just to lynch the highest train. I clearly outlined my thinking for my vote at the time, but I'll state it simply again.

I started reading back about 1hr 30mins before deadline, and at the time the leading trains were Verb, Crusher, and CTM. I obviously wasn't going to try to start or vote on a new/lesser train, because that would've been useless. The funny thing is, she justified her own vote on CTM for doing precisely that with the Ape train. I also had previously stated my unwillingness to vote Verb over the potential of killing a PR, so the choice for me was narrowed to two. For Crusher, there were a few posts of his that I liked and rang Townie to me, because he appeared to echo some similar thoughts that I had, and for CTM there really wasn't much to like; just a lot of loose/lazy play. I basically voted CTM for the same reasons that Gata claimed as reason to have her vote on him for much of Day 1.

I'm exhausted and need to sleep. I'll answer any more questions/inquiries tomorrow.

If you quote of few of these "townie Crusher" posts I might listen.  Other than that, you're just talking out your ass again.

Day 2 Vote Count

• JC (3) - Stark, Spoot, Beaver
  • Spoot (3) - Verbal, GATA, Crusher
  • Crusher (3) - Drums, pdxgreen, JC
  • Smash (2)- JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering
  • GATA (1) -  jvill 51

Not Voting (6) - Smash, Brick, BUM-KNEE, 32EBoozer, ID., Nolder

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

DAY 2 DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, 3 PM EST

Updated Player List:

1.  CTM:  Charles Pennington (Vanilla Town)

2.  @The Crusher

3.  @BrickTamland

4.  @Stark

5.  @GATA

6.  @Spoot-Face

7.  SR24 --> Replaced by @Jets Voice of Reason

8.  @Drums

9.  @JustEndTheSuffering

10.  @Verbal

11.  @BUM-KNEE

12.  @jvill 51

13.  @pdxgreen

14.  kdels62:  Leonard (Vanilla Town)

15.  JiF:  Raphael (Vanilla Town)

16.  @32EBoozer

17.  @Beaver

18. @Smashmouth

19. @Jetscode1

20. @ID.

21.  Ape --> Replaced by @Nolder:  Mod-confirmed Vanilla Town (Hamato Yoshi, Splinter's trainer)

2 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

There is no vetting in most cases. There is a concept called bussing, which is to throw your mafia teammate under the bus for the greater good of looking really clean yourself to go for the win. 

even If Smash sorted out a cop vs cop or doc vs doc situation, it doesn’t automatically mean he’s townie. 

Why would scum want to throw each other under the bus? Isn't there alot less of them in the game?

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

Did Verbal kill anyone? If so, who? Did he claim 1 shot vig or can he keep shooting?

Did Smash out his investigations?

Thanks.

Yes Verbal killed Kdel whom no one suspected of anything or asked him to shoot.   No one knows how many shots he has. After the NK, he has not acted like he is out of shots, but he has not asked who to possibly shoot next either.  I will have to update my gif on our so called vigilante.200.gif

Smash has not investigated anyone yet, but also no one has asked him to investigate anyone either.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Why would scum want to throw each other under the bus? Isn't there alot less of them in the game?

when you bus someone you are basically giving yourself up to make them look innocent. If done right it can be devastating for town. Lots of ways this can happen .

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

14 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Cause they no good dirty rotten scum.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

when you bus someone you are basically giving yourself up to make them look innocent. If done right it can be devastating for town. Lots of ways this can happen .

Yep.  It's a way of making yourself "look town".  If you pick out something "scummy" your teammate says and vote him for it, you might get "town points" down the line, even if your teammate isn't lynched that day.  

It's also referred to as "distancing".  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  It's a way of making yourself "look town".  If you pick out something "scummy" your teammate says and vote him for it, you might get "town points" down the line, even if your teammate isn't lynched that day.  

It's also referred to as "distancing".  

Ok yeah I see the strategy in it I guess.

Just getting my coffee quota injested... Will be firing on all cylinders soon

11 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, I didn't want to do that, and originally didn't, but you already saw where Stark let the cat out of the bag. But fair point.

Sorry to see you have to leave the game. I hope it's not anything serious.

in the games I have played with JC he lays low whenever isn't vanilla. Didn't think it was that big of a deal to state the obvious

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Thanks. I’m at the emergency vet with my pup right now. Fingers crossed.

sorry to hear hope everything goes well.

10 hours ago, GATA said:

honestly, the player that has been surprisingly inactive is Stark IMO. 

I thought I’d see much more during the night phase and even in our current D2 phase

why would i post much during the night. IMO that is the time in the game where people make unnecessary and dumb posts. also that night phase was over the weekend. I almost never am around on the weekends that is normal for me. the same as in the evenings.  I am going to be MIA from noon until tomorrow just fyi.

Here's where I am at so far.... in no order.

CTM - Ape, cluttering up the game.

Brick, I lean scum based on his few post content and his oh i liked CTM comment. he is low post count historically but especially when scum

Crusher, I'd still lynch him up if anyone would get behind me on it. D1 his reactions were his scum tells

Gata, always a hard read for me, but right now I'd say i'm neutral on her. but the standard "bot" play always has me teetering on that. 

Spoot - i am leaning town as of this morning. he seems to be doing his standard play and his reasoning seems okay to me at this point.

Verbal - I think verb is SK. His "shot" wasn't a shot it was impaling Kdels. not sure if it's flavor or not, but the way 80 reposted made me thing that there was a hint in that scene, that may or not be it. 

Smash - holy hell. this guy. Swearengen is probably overly helpful and explanatory town but coming off as scummy. I actually lean scum, but I can understand why he is throwing out all the scenarios with such a large game of 1st times to appear as helpful townie

JetsCode - Inactive mostly until this morning or last night threw out a few posts then goes OMGUS and points out my vote of him is scummy. typical. D2 still trying to get play and reactions out of players. It is typical for him to lay lower than normal when he's not VT. I do like his vote on crusher though

then there's the group of newer players which it seems as 1 post will get my attention and then the next few don't. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Ok yeah I see the strategy in it I guess.

Just getting my coffee quota injested... Will be firing on all cylinders soon

its the 80 special. he will throw his entire team under the bus just to appear as "best town player ever" to try to win.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

Yes Verbal killed Kdel whom no one suspected of anything or asked him to shoot.   No one knows how many shots he has. After the NK, he has not acted like he is out of shots, but he has not asked who to possibly shoot next either.  I will have to update my gif on our so called vigilante.

Smash has not investigated anyone yet, but also no one has asked him to investigate anyone either.

we don't know. he may have and is not telling anyone. He, nor does any "roled" player have to tell the game his role, or what actions he may have. and he doesn't have to do anything by consensus of the game. 

15 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm not falling into this crap anymore . One response and I'm done with you on the subject. I revealed to preserve my role. Verbal said he was going to shoot me and I had no reason to think he would not. Then he turned around and blind sided a townie who could have very well been rolled and you question me . My reveal is what it is and if I would have investigated verbal at the very least we would have known if he was a SK but I figured I would let such geniuses as yourself weigh in on how I proceeded I see now that I'll use my role how I please and not waste my time with ridiculous questions . 

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Most of the game posted so it was not a fantasy and if you can't see how a vote count would help then you've been hallucinating through mafia for the past 10 years. Come to think of it you play like your hallucinating anyhow so not sure why I bothered responding. Next time before you open your mouth to spew some crap try contributing something, anything to the game first.

smash, my man. who did you investigate? 

I don't like that bold statement in the first quote from you either. you didn't take a poll on who you should investigate.