Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Hard to trust you when you say he was town. Why so fast to admit that? 

Considering I left the game with crusher as my #2 and now I was just sent his role and see I was wrong  I figured it was appropriate for me to explain the 180

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Considering I left the game with crusher as my #2 and now I was just sent his role and see I was wrong  I figured it was appropriate for me to explain the 180

Fair enough. You are in a unique situation though because you already were a player, and a Townie no less, and no one believed you. I need to see how this plays out. 

8 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Oh and I think EBoozer may have been abducted by scientologists. Not much sign of him here...

He was enthusiastic to play, did play a bit earlier in the game, and responded to my PM a few days ago.  Gonna give him a long leash prior to replacing. 

Unlike SR24, a new player who never responded to my tags or PMs or anything.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

Fair enough. You are in a unique situation though because you already were a player, and a Townie no less, and no one believed you. I need to see how this plays out. 

Drums, keep in mind that CTM is entering the game as a completely different player, if that makes sense.  You're now evaluating him based partly on how Crusher played prior to replacement AND now how CTM plays as his replacement. 

Nothing about CTM's prior play in his other role should impact your view on him in this new role, other than perhaps picking up some "meta" clues about how CTM operates in general.  

I know its confusing since CTM was already in the game before.  Plus he's a fairly disgusting individual so its easy to have a negative bias towards him from the jump.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Drums, keep in mind that CTM is entering the game as a completely different player, if that makes sense.  You're now evaluating him based partly on how Crusher played prior to replacement AND now how CTM plays as his replacement. 

Nothing about CTM's prior play in his other role should impact your view on him in this new role, other than perhaps picking up some "meta" clues about how CTM operates in general.  

I know its confusing since CTM was already in the game before.  Plus he's a fairly disgusting individual so its easy to have a negative bias towards him from the jump.  

I understand that, and what I meant was just because I was wrong about him before doesn't mean I should automatically trust him this time--that's all I meant. But I appreciate this explanation and I agree--he is quite disgusting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was enthusiastic to play, did play a bit earlier in the game, and responded to my PM a few days ago.  Gonna give him a long leash prior to replacing. 

Unlike SR24, a new player who never responded to my tags or PMs or anything.

Okay that makes sense-- I, along with some other posters, started analyzing how fast he was replaced so this makes sense but really just spreads the grey area just a bit further. 

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

Okay that makes sense-- I, along with some other posters, started analyzing how fast he was replaced so this makes sense but really just spreads the grey area just a bit further. 

Ah gotcha.  My bad, I should have been more transparent about that at the time. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I do, little missy.

I think Spoot is definitely Town. He is putting in the work and looking under rocks for clues. He seems slightly insane but that's for another time...

This is not a tell for any allegiance just like Ape said the most helpful can be scum 

Even I can be scum 

JC is pinging Scum to me. Not for lack of playing time, but the seemingly uncaring attitude he has when posting. Like why should he try kind of thing. Just go through the motions and put up a good act. I may be mistaken, but it's the vibe I'm getting.

@Jetscode1 threw his 8 ball out and hid his hand. He's a possibility from the Vets because of inactivity sometimes it's scum hiding

I also think you, GATA are hiding something. BUT I don't know what that is yet. No real read on your affiliation as of right now. Time will tell I guess.

That's the name of the game bb

Now the only reason I'm helping newbs so much is because I'd like you guys to understand the dynamics and play again in the future since we often have players rage quit. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, GATA said:

This is not a tell for any allegiance just like Ape said the most helpful can be scum 

Even I can be scum.

Im not basing this off his helpfulness to us, more to his willingness to put the work in as a Townie. Scouring 20 pages back to dig for clues to make progress on the game. Scum doesn't care to do that I'm learning.

10 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Im not basing this off his helpfulness to us, more to his willingness to put the work in as a Townie. Scouring 20 pages back to dig for clues to make progress on the game. Scum doesn't care to do that I'm learning.

Not true both can do so.

Stark for example: he was great last game as scum doing exactly that. 

But Stark always changes his style so even this game he can be scum.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

Not true both can do so.

Yep.  If Scum is lazy and refuses to look into the details or "catch up" that's an easy scum-tell.  Town needs to be hard-working to win, so if you're not willing to pitch in and help, that will get you lynched pretty quickly.  

Inactivity is another story though, and can be a big problem for the game if those players don't get lynched OR replaced.  If you're not around that's one thing.  But if you are playing in the game and posting but don't seem interested in figuring the game out, you'll find the noose eventually.  

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, GATA said:

Not true both can do so.

Ok I see what you're saying. I'm still getting the nuances ironed out.

I'm sticking with my hunch for now though.

• Upvote 1

So both the Scum and Dead Thread QT's just had the following error message pop up.  Dafuq?

Sorry, this forum is not accepting new messages. The forum's creator, JF80, can buy another block of QT messages (JF80). Then new messages will be accepted in this forum again.

-The QuickTopic people
(not accepting new messages)
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

IIRC, it all started years ago in a game when @Jetscode1 guaranteed someone was scum based on an 8 ball investigation.  He was vanilla town at the time, I think.  JC nailed it, as that player was indeed scum.   Not sure if he was just going for a reaction or truly believed the player was scum.  In any case, ever since that happened he's adopted it as part of his shtick.  

I'm sure he can correct me on the details I'm wrong about.  

Dude, a mod shouldn’t be saying stuff like this.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Still smash for me, turns out crusher was town, cant win them all. Gata being pro vig shot at night is good enough for me to put her neutral for now.

Agree with others on spoot too

Vote smash

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Hard to trust you when you say he was town. Why so fast to admit that? 

I think Spoot is town but maybe with some kind of PR. 

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Nailed 

Really was no reason for you to say that . Nice Job Drums :)

Vote CTM