Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

18 hours ago, ID. said:

Why the left?   Did it have anything to do with TLC’s Lisa “left eye” Lopez (God rest her soul)?

Random, it did not have anything to do with TLC, but I do remember having a major crush on Chilli.

The woman, Crusher, not the food.  Although maybe both would be the better answer, right big guy?

27 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Nailed 

Really was no reason for you to say that . Nice Job Drums :)

Vote CTM

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Those of you who were voting Crusher should take a long hard look at this crap CTM is peddling

Love this guy.

You gonna roll cop me?

Image result for bread cop

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Oh that's most definitely what she said.

terrible vig shot. I have 1/2 of mind to kick you in your indiscriminate genital area (IGA) for that alone

Instead of dead smash you took out a noob who was trying.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CTM said:

terrible vig shot. I have 1/2 of mind to kick you in your indiscriminate genital area (IGA) for that alone

On the plus side i get to make fun of him and potentially trigger emo.. so not all bad

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

My main question regarding Smash is how the hell do we vet him? I looked up the role cop online and it seems like it’s just as likely to be a scum role as it is a town role. And if he is scum, who’s to say he isn’t limited to one investigation?

So, experienced players, is there a way to vet him on this?

Yes, I can shoot him.

7 hours ago, Stark said:

Verbal - I think verb is SK. His "shot" wasn't a shot it was impaling Kdels. not sure if it's flavor or not, but the way 80 reposted made me thing that there was a hint in that scene, that may or not be it. 

You should google the cast of characters for the TMNT, re-read that scene, and then answer your own question.  ;-)

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

@Verbal can I get a reason why you shot kdels? And are you 1shot?

@Smashmouth wtf

Because I thought he was super nice....

......why the **** do you think I did?  I thought he was scum.  That was not a good question.

4 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Unvote for now. Going to start from the beginning with fresh eyes. Scum, this would be a good time for you to run for the hills.

Pac, is that you?

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

I could still shoot you if you'd like - I have yet to bathe in hippie blood like I mentioned the other day.

6 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Yes, I can shoot him.

You should google the cast of characters for the TMNT, re-read that scene, and then answer your own question.  ;-)

Because I thought he was super nice....

......why the **** do you think I did?  I thought he was scum.  That was not a good question.

Pac, is that you?

I could still shoot you if you'd like - I have yet to bathe in hippie blood like I mentioned the other day.

Be careful jville, you’re new and trying to learn the game. Seems like Verbal’s type. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Because I thought he was super nice..

Beating around the bush, not a good look. You know what I meant.

Why did you think he's scum a$$hole.

I was going to stick with Smash but now CTM comes in here already claiming he's town and that makes me suspicious after I was already suspicious of him on day 1. If you ask me there's a really good shot that a few of these are scum since they're vets and at times I've felt suspicious about all of them: smash, spoot, ctm, or gata.  

15 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

My main question regarding Smash is how the hell do we vet him? I looked up the role cop online and it seems like it’s just as likely to be a scum role as it is a town role. And if he is scum, who’s to say he isn’t limited to one investigation?

So, experienced players, is there a way to vet him on this?

The only real way to vet him would be for a Cop to investigate him, which will (and should) happen at some point down the road if he doesn't end up dead. If he's Town, he's telling the truth, if he's Scum, then it doesn't matter either way.

14 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Jesus, and I thought I was crazy for re-reading 15ish pages in the dead of night. How the hell did you sort through all the memes and GFYs?

Pure dedication, son. Pure dedication.

10 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

You obviously have more flair for Day 1 than most.  I used to policy lynch this one dude for a couple of years.  It was fun.

Solid defense. Really opens my eyes. Might change my vote now.

The only real way to vett him is how he votes.  Does his voting pattern lynch town or scum?  

^^Awful. This vetts nothing. Town can very easily only vote to lynch Town due to bad play, and Scum could very easily vote to lynch their own. Voting patterns are not that indicative.

If you quote of few of these "townie Crusher" posts I might listen.  Other than that, you're just talking out your ass again.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

I actually agree with JC here. @Spoot-Face what are the "town" crusher posts. 

Fair enough. I'll find them.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

in the games I have played with JC he lays low whenever isn't vanilla. Didn't think it was that big of a deal to state the obvious

In a small game where everyone knows his tendencies, it's probably not as big of a deal, but this is a large game with about half the roster being people unfamiliar with JC's meta. Even with a slight chance of the scum team being filled with people who don't know that sort of thing, it's probably best to stay mum on that, lest you make it easier for them.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

Verbal - I think verb is SK. His "shot" wasn't a shot it was impaling Kdels. not sure if it's flavor or not, but the way 80 reposted made me thing that there was a hint in that scene, that may or not be it. 

I don't think that's the case. I'm familiar enough with the source material to recognize a subtle hint in the death scene, unless 80 took his own liberties. I mentioned this as soon as I saw it, but I'm not sure it was 80's intention, though, which is why I haven't said much about it since.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

Smash - holy hell. this guy. Swearengen is probably overly helpful and explanatory town but coming off as scummy. I actually lean scum, but I can understand why he is throwing out all the scenarios with such a large game of 1st times to appear as helpful townie

Smash is a player I need to focus more on. The only thing I remember about his game is his bull-headed stubborn nature (not exactly a unique quality around here) and his penchant for going emo (also not unique around here).

Either way, he's put himself right into the middle of Town's sights with his dubious Role Cop claim. It's a very convenient claim for him for several reasons:

1. It's strong enough, that Town will at least give him a chance before lynching him, at the risk of loosing the power.

2. The fact that it can be both alignments could introduce enough WIFOM that people could question whether Scum would claim a potentially scummy role.

3. If he's actually a Scum Role Cop, then it's much easier to claim a role that you can mimic.

4. It's a role that we don't often see, so it's a safer claim, coming from a counter-claim standpoint.

5. He said he only has 1x use, so after he "uses" it once and fails to find anything, he'll essentially become  a "VT" and no longer be a threat to Scum, which could be a built-in excuse to why he never gets NK'd.

8 hours ago, GATA said:

Actually, I disagree. JIF aka the self proclaimed batman also called him out on his last min vote for CTM when he got hung. 

I'm pretty sure JiF called you Scummy at one point, too.

8 hours ago, GATA said:

He goes straight into the night phase off the cuff saying he was going to vote to shoot but now it's better to Holster.

I know you have to follow your prime directive until the end, but most intelligent and living organisms have the capacity to change their mind.

Novel idea, that.

8 hours ago, GATA said:

^ DAY 1 is a real life parody. You know damn well that the first votes mean nothing this is gross narrative. 

That, in and of itself, is not enough to build a case, no, but when you immediately jump from Verb's train to CTM's (the next highest) and never move your vote, it looks like you are just putting your vote on the easiest train.

8 hours ago, GATA said:

CTM had his best town play by voting to lynch Ape & also piggy back off of JIF 

He was super lazy apart from that essay on why we should lynch the furry sh!t thrower.

Yeah, that was BEFORE he did the Ape train. Nice re-writing of history.

8 hours ago, GATA said:

Stark voted crush and mentioned a ping with nothing but oh his reaction I wanted to see what he was talking about. 

Stop spinning I didn't even further press on this issue. The only thing I got out of it was Stark claiming Crush could be scum because of how catchy feely he was. I didn't change my vote it was a weak vote.

Yeah, you not further pressing on it was kinda the point. Seemed like fake effort

8 hours ago, GATA said:

and you continue to ignore the majority.

I'm sorry but I think it's stupid to holster esp Day 1 with not much info. The more information provided the easier it is to actually put together who's scummy. I'm not budging on this mentality & even asked to get shot if you guys are really complaining about PRs getting hit. 

It's nonsense. 

Agree to disagree. I'll relent that you weren't the only one who wanted a shot, but I still think it was the wrong call.

8 hours ago, GATA said:

out of the 4 noobs or so he's not scum. Wish we saw more from him but I don't blame Verb for his shot he was going off of the last min interactions. 

Great information. Really worth the death of a player who was doing quite well.

You did say you could go back and look at all the posts relating to the dead player to see if there's anything to glean from that, and I'm still waiting.

8 hours ago, GATA said:

LOL ppl claim VT all the time it's part of the game... 

Again this is the second time you allude to knowing much more than you do. 

Why would this matter if you think I'm scum?

And here, you're completely missing the point.

A good Townie shouldn't unnecessarily reveal they are VT. Ever. I did the once and Nolder tried to suffocate me with a jizz-crusted Pikachu body pillow for it. That's my point. Nothing about what I said indicated that I have any extra knowledge. Now you're spinning.

It wouldn't matter if you're Scum, but it certainly matters if you're Town, and that's the question here.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

MOD NOTE:  @CTM will be replacing Crusher.  Updating the VC accordingly, as all votes on him will be removed.  

If you wish to put your vote back on that player slot, you'll need to re-vote, entering (bolded) Vote CTM instead of Crusher.

Never thought I would see a game get ruined twice.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Drums said:

Hard to trust you when you say he was town. Why so fast to admit that? 

I think Spoot is town but maybe with some kind of PR. 

1. CTM is replacing Crusher, so he takes over his character/role. Meaning, if Crusher was Town, then CTM is Town, too.

2. You should never ever ever ever EVER publicly state if you think someone has a Town PR. This is the last time I'm nice about this. Next time you get the filthy beaver treatment.

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I probably wont post tonight. 

Suffered a slight head and neck injury in a snowmobile crash tonight. Head is pounding and neck is stiff with severe pain. Talk to you all tomorrow.

sh*t, take care of yourself, dude. Head injuries are no joke. Feel better soon.

@Stark @Jetscode1

These are the posts from Crusher that I liked. Keep in mind this only goes up to page 31, because that's when I did my re-read to make a decision before Day 1 deadline. I don't have the time right now to read any more, but I saw enough during my re-read to give him a Town lean, at the time.

On 2/5/2020 at 10:27 AM, The Crusher said:

Probably should say I don’t like the speed of the Verbal train. But hey, what’s not to like? 

^I had the exact same thought. Very Townie, IMO.

On 2/6/2020 at 4:18 PM, The Crusher said:

As a big fan of Beaver I'm going to help you here.  What your seeing is a false narrative. I'm not being voted because I've done anything vote worthy but because I'm supposedly angry. One person says it then everyone mimics it. Chances are one of the early votes on me will be scum.  If you want to vote me it's cool because you are learning and I'm here for you. Following people when you are new is perfectly fine way to learn what to do and not to do. Even though you will learn from my flip it was the wrong play this game but ultimately it's about you new guys learning the game. 

^Good defense, explanation on why was being voted.

On 2/6/2020 at 4:30 PM, The Crusher said:

Protecting him is not the right play. Town vig can be vetted. They can also be as dangerous to town as they can scum. 

On 2/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, The Crusher said:

Are we talking about a one shot vig or a multi-shot vig?

On 2/6/2020 at 4:41 PM, The Crusher said:

He won't. Doesn't matter. He either agrees to a consensus shot or he gets lynched. Easy peasy. 

On 2/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, The Crusher said:

if the scum team has some vets on it they would know that a free shooting Vig is actually more of a risk to town than scum early simply because there a are more of them. Bottom line is if Verb is the vig he needs to shoot from a board consensus or be lynched.  Vig becomes more dangerous to scum as the number of town dwindles. 

^Very good Town logic, figuring sh*t out, IMO.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:16 AM, The Crusher said:

Funny to me how Verbal isn’t getting more votes. Ok, “if “he is the Vig, he’s a townie who can shoot one or multiple times. Sounds great but he has no more insight than anyone else in the game. With that he also has the potential to kill a townie each time he shoots, 77% more likely to hit townie than scum. Upside he will count as a townie for endgame. Pro tip- scums not letting that happen. 

Smash had an ok point about about Verb not using the claim as scum, a power role to expose  Cop or Doc is always better . 

So... chances are he’s either a townie big with a 77% chance to hit Town  each time he shoots or possibly a serial killer. Serial killer is basically a vig but does  not win with town. Has his own win requirement. Kills town or scum not really caring. 

Now, the play the mod 80 factor. He and Verbal  have a history of shooting eAch other on the reg. . I believe he gabe  Verbal a gun, but not a vig, doubt he made him a good guy. Verbal is a serial killer most likely. He needs to be lynched. 

Now, I’m town and you may Lynch me today and that’s fine. I will flip town and you should look at those first three in my train. Nobody had a case on me, except Crusher must be scum because he’s mad or salty. For.  you new guys, that’s not a case. Plus Brick and JVOR jumped in for no reason at all. Very little to no explanation.  

So,  that’s all I got. Choose wisely. 

^Another good Townie post.

59 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

1. CTM is replacing Crusher, so he takes over his character/role. Meaning, if Crusher was Town, then CTM is Town, too.

2. You should never ever ever ever EVER publicly state if you think someone has a Town PR. This is the last time I'm nice about this. Next time you get the filthy beaver treatment.

I don't want to know

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m back at the pet hospital now. Not out of the woods yet, but they’ve lowered the chance that it’s bladder cancer. Hoping to avoid surgery. She’s eating again, they managed to get a catheter in, and have rehydrated her. Better news today than yesterday.

Thsnks for checking in. All of you that have reached out. I appreciate it.

I didn’t say anything yesterday but good luck man. Hope she’s ok. 

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 2 Vote Count

• Smash (3)- JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering, CTM
  • JC (3) - Stark, Spoot, Beaver
  • CTM (2) - Smash, JC
  • Spoot (2) - Verbal, GATA

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

DAY 2 DEADLINE: THURSDAY, 10 AM EST

unvote 

vote smash

virgin mod check