Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

4 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Thanks for props.  I work hard each mafia day to find/lynch scum.  We will need to work together to find scum after we lynch the scummy CTM and Smash.

You turd, lol

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, GATA said:

I’m really interested in the fact we have 2 very different newbies. We have one talking like a pro and a couple out in the woods. I do like your insight and if you’ve picked up the game this fast it’s super commendable. But for now FOS 

anyway I’m reading back on the CTM Vs Stark stuff I saw CTM goes rogue again on Smash will be back 

"A newbie can't possibly be better at this game than me. Must be scum."

GATA-BOT logic

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I’m making so much sense that it doesn’t make sense?

GFY

Gotta love her, right?

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m so glad I dropped out. LOL

Puppy came home today. No cancer. She should be alright. Thanks all for your kind thoughts/words. 
grape ape vintage GIF

huzzah GIF

4 hours ago, Stark said:

im not going to lie. You and CTM both are still on my list.

I am probably running too many scenarios through my head but I am going to say 80 probably gave town that perk unlynchable because of the number of new players and scum probably being a 5 man team bases on the numbers. or 80 really wanted to make Verb the MVP and give him shots at failed lynch scum.

First, before I call anyone out for bussing, I want to make sure that Smash really is Scum.

Giving Smash a 1x Role Cop PLUS unlynchable seems like an odd combination to give a Townie. And the way Smash has handled it has been really scummy. I think he's lying about the Role Cop, and there was no need to do that if he was Town.

Verb shooting him is the easiest way to do so.

4 hours ago, GATA said:

^ this makes sense now to me. 

Still don't get why we'd put so many roles in a starting game for newbs but it is what it is.

I don't see how the mod would create an unlynchable role if not to protect town's cop.

I'm not voting you next round 

What? Now it makes sense to you?

When have we ever seen a Cop have an additional ability besides maybe a 1x BPV? And that's for a regular alignment Cop with unlimited uses.

Now you think 80 gave a mere 1x Role Cop an unlynchable just to protect him?

3 hours ago, Stark said:

yeah, just some stuff going on with the twins. 

Oof, did you sit on them? I hate when that happens. That's why I prefer briefs over boxers. Keeps 'em in tight.

jk :P Hope all is well

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Smash's flip will make CTM's motivations more clear, that's for sure. That's why it's important at this stage to get some sort of resolution otherwise it's just going to continue being a huge question mark. The only surefire way to vet somebody is their death and the mod revealing what they are.

It definitely can be par for the course. In a game this large having 3 townies dead, VTs no less, isn't all that bad. The games are numbered in a way so that Town can absorb some deaths before the scum team can win. Think of it as clearing the board for a better picture. Players gotta die to figure out the puzzle, it's as simple as that. Obviously lynching/shooting scum is preferable but no, it's not at all abnormal for Town to take a few L's early on before they get their sh*t together. All things considered we have a Vig and confirmed Townie still alive, and presumably the Cop and/or Doc are still hidden. Things aren't too bad yet.

You shouldn't be too worried about PRs as Town. Mafia is going to hunt them because they make the game harder for them to win, but your job isn't particularly to figure that out. Eventually you might be able to tell, even as Town, but when that happens it's best to keep it to yourself and if you can try to insulate that player taking too much heat and being forced to claim.

The SK theory can be put to bed, imo. Verb has vetted his ability to shoot and the flavor of the scene suggests that he's someone who should be a good guy. It's ~safe to roll with that assumption imo. EVEN IF 80 took a canonically good guy and decided to make him a SK, Verbal was screwed as soon as he claimed. Regardless of what people will say about Vigs hurting Town, they are a very real threat to scum because they have the sole power of eliminating scum at Night which is typically the Mafia's haven. In short, Town or SK, Mafia is going to have to kill Verbal before too long. We up that ante if Town collectively decides to not lynch him considering the evidence we have that points to him being a legit Town Vig.

Hopefully that makes sense.

^^Best sub all game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GATA said:

It's ok everyone reads me as scummy like every game I play 🤷‍♀️

I'm a yummy vanilla townie 

Anyway, with a 4-5 scum team there's a chance 2 vets & 3 newbs , 2 vets & 2 newbs, 3 vets & 2 newbs (I think this might be more of the case) 

This is some Sesame Street level hot-take right here. lmao

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, CTM said:

ffs he didn't shoot smash ? @Jetsfan80 would a blocked or failed NK show up in morning scene?

oh well

vote smash

It clearly says 1x Vig dude...

Verb already wasted his shot on poor Kdels.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GATA said:

Then, tell us who’s In the scum team 

I'd wager it's anywhere between 3-6 of the people playing this game, but that's just a guess.

Kidding aside, I think we start with Smash, and evaluate from there.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

80 is a complete derp

Verbal is a hockey player check his role

sh*t, I hope 80 wasn't dumb enough to actually do that.

21 minutes ago, CTM said:

This kind of speed is often a bus, nobody wants to be left off the scum lynch

Still, the speed is alarming, I was expecting more of a fight

^^Bullsh*t

CTM was all gung ho on killing Smash, but now suddenly has suspicions when everyone else wants to kill him, too.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Next day phase please lynch spoot next. Thank you. 

GFY

I'm looking at either you or CTM as Scum as early bussers on Smash's first lynch train.

16 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Agreed, he's the number one target right now.

Hmmmmm.

I'd like to hear your case on me.

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

jvor is right, look at those on N1 trying to holster or not shoot smash... If i'm alive tomorrow i'll go through it.

remember, smash actively campaigns against bussing on his scum teams. I know this because I hate being scum with him

I stand by my decision at the time to for to Verb holster on N1. I didn't think it'd be worth it just to vett his ability to shoot if that meant he could still be a SK, and if the price was likely a Townie or possible PR. It's funny how your predecessor also believed that to be the best case for Town, but now you're so against it.

18 minutes ago, CTM said:

i never unvoted you smelly beaver

What does that have to do with what I said?

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

honestly i can't believe after all those posts yesterday, his surviving the lynch and then the amount of people who said they wouldn't vote him today that we speed lynched the sob.

I was expecting another long battle and was tired just thinking about it.

^^So surprised.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Por que no los dos? 

Because I'm not that lucky.

15 minutes ago, CTM said:

bizzare pivot towards me picking up where smash left off.

add JETS to my list of scum leans

^^OMGUS

9 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Off the top of my head siding with Smash in the first major argument of the game. JiF naming you and Smash then turning up dead in the night. Voting to holster Night 1 when it looked like Smash was about to get got.

All circumstantial.

1. My wanting to holster had nothing to do with siding with Smash, and everything with preserving the life of a Townie. I didn't think vetting Verb's ability to shoot was worth the potential price to Town that early. I stand by that logic, and I'd do it again.

2. Here is the final vote count, I believe:

On 2/10/2020 at 11:04 AM, GATA said:

Ppl wanting a shot: brick, me , boozer, kdel, ID, JVOR, jvill, J.E.T.S, verb (9)

holster (7)

Verbals Shot:

Verbal (1) Brickhouse

Spoot (2) GATA, Boozer

GATA (2) kdels62, ID 

Smash (3) JOVR, jvill51, Just End Me

Holster (7) Smash,Drums, Beaver, Spoot, Crusher, BUM-KNEE, Stark

Not Participating (1) Ape

Majority gets Shot. I guess we should bold our votes just like a real vote.

The Moderator does not approve this message. 

Notice how I'm not the only one who wanted to holster; including the player (Crusher) who's replacement is now pushing this case against me that you're buying? Is everyone on that holster list Scum? What about the 5 other people who wanted to shoot, but weren't voting to shoot Smash?

3. Yeah, JiF named me, but clearly it was Smash who wanted him dead. It's now also convenient to push that narrative because it sets me up as looking guilty.

21 minutes ago, GATA said:

You know who else voted holster spooootttttt

And you literally thought I was scummy and was acting like I knew more than Town because you don't know how to process percentages.

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

it was dumb and anti town. Crusher hasn't had animal fat in 45 days, give the dude a break

Fine, you can call me dumb, stupid, noobish, or whatever for it. I can accept that. But I don't like be called scum for something that I 100% BELIEVED was the right call for Town.

GFY

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm assuming Just End me =  just end the suffering. ALso notice Just End the suffering was an early smash day 2 voter. I'd move him to town lean

It's so fascinating to me that you're trying to make anyone on the early Smash train look good, because that's EXACTLY where I'd look at for Scum.

Scum knew that Smash was in Town's sights for Day 2, and ALSO knew that he was lynchproof. So, when he's run up, Scum get an extra NK, and anyone on that early train gets Town-cred. Really smart play.

But I see through it.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

early smash train where also shoot smash at night voters, JETS and jvor. that is the worst case scenario for scum

Fair point for them. Doesn't help you, though.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

+ as i keep saying, smash is very very anti bus. Unless he's done a complete 180 since he last played I think his team was playing by the books up till today

I have to take your word for this, because I don't know what playing Scum with him is like.

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

Que ? Lol go back to everytime I said you knew more than you let off . 

You said it once, IIRC. In response to me saying it's more likely than not that Verb's shot hits a Townie, and you were like "how do you know that"? lmao

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

You came into night phase like ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going to vote holster even though at that point towns consensus was mostly shoot.

I clearly gave my reasons (several times now in this game) why I thought that was the best move for Town. You simply disagree. Doesn't make me scummy.

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

You said I wanted to be pro shooting but I won't do it.

I admit I kinda had tunnel-vision on you at that point, because it seemed like we disagreed on literally everything, and I have a bad habit of getting annoyed at that and automatically seeing that as scummy.

7 minutes ago, GATA said:

Even Doc wanted to shoot

Ummmm. What?

7 minutes ago, GATA said:

you also conveniently placed yourself at the end of CTMs original train. 

Twice now, I've given my case for why I voted CTM. It was the best choice I could make at the time. If I was Scum, I easily could've not voted and with the majority lynch, he probably would've been lynched anyway. I voted, because I sincerely thought it was best for Town. Nothing convenient about that.

10 minutes ago, GATA said:

Then , You vote me omgus lol

Yeah, maybe. It was either vote you, or strangle you at that point.

10 minutes ago, GATA said:

all you've done against me there on after is throw Jabs trying to undermine what I say like thats going to create a better case for you. I haven't done anything antitown I wanted us to shoot to get more info. I want more players to speak because there's absolutely no reason to let ppl scapegoat off of a few ppl playing. The fact we wasted so much time only focusing on CTm and smash. 
I offered to get shot if it meant protecting a PR. Like I told you stop spinning reality to fit your narrative.

Again, I admit I might've tunneled on you too hard. That's only because you seemed to go out of your way to disagree with me at every turn, and make nonsensical arguments to sus me for it. I got frustrated. FWIW, I'm warming up to the idea that this is your Town game. Almost unreadable at times, but sincere.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

It wasn't so much the vote itself, but the timing of it. If I remember correctly it was a big swing vote, I'll go back and look again.

I just looked back at when it was. That was actually my first post of the day, and I had woken up not long before. The timing wasn't calculated on my part, it was just when I first became available.

15 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

As for it being all circumstantial, pretty much all the evidence in this game is circumstantial until someone dies. I mean what else are we supposed to go on?

Fair, but pushing circumstantial evidence can be dangerous. A lot of Townies can/and are lynched off of circumstantial evidence. And, as the game dwindles down, you'll often find that the cleanest players are often the dirtiest.

8 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

But now that we see what role smash had, mafia clearly dug in and wanted to avoid getting smash shot. That’s complete worst case scenario for him.

Part of the reason why Spoot is so high on my list is to me he got oddly passionate about holstering and saying weird things like “but you might reveal a pr” and “i don’t care about the math”. It’s a little too much for someone who theoretically shouldn’t have been invested in smash getting shot. 

But more than that his play just does not add up consistently. If he was so convinced I was actually scum night one, why not one peep about me on day two? He went passively into a smash vote when  there was barely any rationale that made sense as to why he’d do that. 

Even right now, he’s jumping from candidate to candidate... and surprise surprise it’s literally everyone that is vocal about his play being scummy. Myself, Gata, and CTM. There are times when townie tunnels in on the ones voting them,  but the way this is happening feels to opportunistic to me. 

1. I've been over and over my reasoning for holstering. I stand by that. GFY.

2. Clearly, you haven't played with me enough to know that I have a bad habit of stubbornly tunneling on people who constantly disagree with me and sus me for it. I purposely took a step back from casing you for that exact reason. Now I'm starting to re-evaluate that position.

3. There was a clear post of Smash's that pinged where he pulled something out of hi ass, and I immediately voted him for it. GFY, for it not making sense. Even before that happened I was considering his 1x Role Cop claim could be a lie.

4. Jumping from candidate to candidate? You make it sound like I'm JC who just logs on to vote someone, then ******* leaves! I may be stubborn and chase my own tail sometimes, but I don't arbitrarily jump from train to train. That's not what I do.

5. GFY

9 minutes ago, GATA said:

We have a game with so much activity yet he has contributed almost as much as lost noobs. 

What's the deal ?

I have been saying this literally all game.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm sorry to disappoint.  Right now, I've voted Spoot so he's my #1.  PDX is next.  Mainly due to their interactions with me.  You've been a little flighty the entire game.  Hard to read.  Nolder is my top choice for town.  I'll trust AJ for now.

omg

HE'S MOD-CONFIRMED TOWNIE, YOU SKIMMING MORON!

vote JC

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

There is a beauty to subtle trolling.

Don't encourage JC. Dude has played a truly awful Town game. Done absolutely nothing, and I'm simply amazed at how much leniency he's getting for his non-participation.

The lazy scummer needs to die.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company