Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

37 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Vote Crusher/CTM

Mostly based on Crush's play, although the CTM "hey guys I'm back from the dead to tell you Crush was actually town the whole time" bit didn't help. But some things from Crush that stood out:

- Right after Verb claimed vig, spends an inordinate amount of time not on the game being played, but arguing with Stark about the last game. When he does turn his attention to Verb's reveal, calls out Spoot for being too eager to jump off the Verb train, but Spoot was never on the Verb train to begin with. He did similar with JC today, throwing out false accusations of him being the poster boy for having Verbal shoot which he then had to walk back.

- Says multiple times on Day 1 that Verb needs to shoot from a board consensus or be lynched. Abruptly does an about face and votes to holster at night. Then votes to unholster, there's a weird moment where Smash tells him he's putting him in danger, and he immediately votes to holster again.

- Gives Smash props for his post on Day 1 saying it would be dumb for Verb to claim vig if he's scum. Not long after that votes to lynch Verb, without explanation.  Much later gives that explanation in a long, well-reasoned post that says that more people should be voting Verb. More people d start voting for Verb, but as we approach the deadline, with viable bandwagons against Verb, himself, and CTM, he flips his vote to Spoot who had 0 votes on him at the time. Eventually switches his vote to CTM out of self-preservation, but that reeked of trying to avoid being caught at the tail end of a PR/Townie lynch train, with bonus points if Spoot turned up scum.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

although the CTM "hey guys I'm back from the dead to tell you Crush was actually town the whole time" bit didn't help.

I'm very happy newer players are on me for that. Dont trust anyone

But I'm town.

Smashs reveal was awful,

mod said this would be a vanilla game .. 1 time role cop not really vanilla

Role cop is usually a scum role. Has more usefulness to them

He was planning on using it to vet verb? Wtf!! No sensible player would use a 1 time role like that to vet a knucklehead vig on day 1. Particularly since a vig can self vet his killing ability 

His reveal was panicked and ill conceived because verbal announced in thread he was shooting smash, leaving him limited time to plan and plot 

He was pushing hard to holster and most scummy player on day 1. Vig holster was pro scum.

He agreed with that bannana eating idiots suggestion that verb shoot ape to "spare a pr" A mod confirmed townie is a pr!!! Forces scum to burn a NK

Let's kill smash

4 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I probably wont post tonight. 

Suffered a slight head and neck injury in a snowmobile crash tonight. Head is pounding and neck is stiff with severe pain. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Damn. Hope you feel better.

Vote smash!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

But I'm town.

Smashs reveal was awful,

He was planning on using it to vet verb? Wtf!! No sensible player would use a 1 time role like that to vet a knucklehead vig on day 1. Particularly since a vig can self vet his killing ability 

His reveal was panicked and ill conceived because verbal announced in thread he was shooting smash, leaving him limited time to plan and plot 

He was pushing hard to holster and most scummy player on day 1. Vig holster was pro scum.

He agreed with that bannana eating idiots suggestion that verb shoot ape to "spare a pr" A mod confirmed townie is a pr!!! Forces scum to burn a NK

Let's kill smash

I'm down.

Vote Smash

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2020 at 11:08 AM, Smashmouth said:

So are you still telling us who you are shooting so we can at least semi vett what the hell you are ? This game is in day one although it has the feel of day 10 . I would like you to explain why you changed your mind from what you stated earlier that it's not a good idea to take a shot on day one with so little info. ? We really can't reliably vett you and that's my main concern that someone we can't vett is going to be taking pot shots. 

smash - > no way to vet verbal

On 2/10/2020 at 11:15 AM, Smashmouth said:

Because we can't ever Vett you unless you get lie detected or something like that. Crusher hinted at Lie detector plus Im sure there is a cop in the game that can vett you so my argument is why take a blind shot ? You have to let us know who you are shooting or not shooting at so you don't kill a power role or at least give that possible PR a chance to respond.  

this post makes it 100% clear smash is scum or PR. he is worried he's going to get shot and wants a chance to claim. Also semi breadcrumbs his later claim.. HOWEVER. see below.. role cop would only return yea this mofo can shoot a mofo, not an alignment. 

On 2/10/2020 at 11:34 AM, Smashmouth said:

I'm a one time Role Cop and I was going to follow Verbal to confirm if he was a Vig would have loved to save the action for other claim counter claim like a doc or cop argument but I have no choice but to reveal . Good job Verbal

SO much wrong here

1) "i was going to follow" - > How long was night phase, seemed like ya'll were waiting for Verbal? Why was smash "going" to do anything and not already did? If he was going to role cop verbal to vet him (even though he couldn't and said earlier there was no way too), why wouldn't he have put that in earlier??

2) Cops target not follow

3) Confirming verbal has a kill can be done by you know, Verbal killing someone. Smash should not get alignment so offers no additional vetting then verbal just killing (See below)

4) He would've loved to save the action but now has no choice to reveal. AFTER he just said he was going to use it on verbal N1. Makes no sense

So either smash is scum trying to weasel his way out of a NK  - or - he's actually this role that is often scum aligned and doesn't understand his role (he can't vet verbal is town, just that he can kill, see below) - or - the mod is god damn idiot that doesn't understand the role and misinformed smash

I was going to say Occam's Razor forces us to conclude smash is scum here, but I have to admit Smash not understanding his role or the mod being a god damn idiot are also highly possible and simple explanations.

In any event the whole reveal stinks AND did smash ever even say if he used his role? I'll go look.. 

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Role_Cop

bolded below

The Role Cop's ability will let them learn their target's personal (i.e. not factional) abilities, in the form of a role name (or full role PM in the case where the role name would be nonstandard or unfamiliar). However, any alignment details and factional abilities are hidden; the Role Cop will see town-aligned and scum-aligned versions of the same role as identical. This is done by removing any faction-related and win-condition-related information from the role name (and role PM, if necessary) before posting it; "Town Roleblocker" and "Mafia Roleblocker" would just become "Roleblocker", and in a full role PM, the win condition, factional abilities, information about teammates, etc. would all be removed.

Vanilla players have role names that vary by faction; a Role Cop scanning these will get "Vanilla" as the response, again anonymising the win condition. Thus, a Mafia Goon or a Serial Killer should give the same result as a Vanilla Townie (unless they have extra abilities). The Role Cop sees the player's role as of the start of the game; thus, in the case of an X-Shot role, the Role Cop would be told how many shots the role started with, not how many shots currently remain. Role Cops have no special ability to pierce protections against investigations, or role blocks; thus, trying to investigate an Ascetic role would return a failure message like "Your action failed, and you did not get a resul

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2020 at 12:14 PM, Verbal said:

He said he was using it on me tonight....and then if he lived past tonight, he'd like to save it.  Those are 2 scenarios that don't match.

reading back looking to see what smash ended up claiming he did.

verbal and jif see the same things i did. Ape too.

Why isn't verbal voting smash tho? Or is he.. lol

On 2/10/2020 at 1:23 PM, Smashmouth said:

@Jets Voice of Reason Obviously 80 figured giving this power a 1x use was because he felt it was too powerful for an every night investigation which means there may be other investigative roles in the game. Also why would scum need to learn someones alignment when they already know everyones alignment ? 

Role Cop

Role Description:

The Role Cop may each night investigate a player and learn that player's role (but will not learn their alignment). 

Notes:

Some hosts use Role Cop and Full Cop interchangeably. The Role Cop, as outlined here, is somewhat similar to a Follower, though more powerful. Some sites differentiate between an Alignment Cop and a Role Cop by naming the former a Cop and the latter a Detective.

Role Type:

Informative

Role Type:

Informative

Role Frequency:

Rarely

Use of Action:

Night

Supported by Modbot:

Yes

Alternative Names:

Detective

EDIT : Crap the bottom got cut off I'll go get it and fix EDIT FIXED

Haha.. wtf.

Dude, this even says you don't get alignment. Unless 80 is a complete derp he'd return an non faction defining role like Night time Killing ability. Not town vig

On 2/10/2020 at 2:08 PM, Verbal said:

See underlined - this is why you get flak, you contradict yourself all the time.

i mean.. why aren't you voting him lol. Much of what I'm doing here is repeating what you apparently already said but aren't voting him for.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:33 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

kdels62, aka Leonardo (Vanilla Town) has been impaled by a hockey stick.

Verbal is a vig and fully vetted. Just looked it up. This is why you let him shoot folks. What a dumb freaken waste of time all of that nightime voting nonsense was. And holster? OMFG 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Jones_(Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles)

Arnold Bernid "Casey" Jones is a fictional character from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics. Like the turtles, Casey Jones is a vigilante, and was created as a parody of vigilante characters that were in comics

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CTM said:

I AM GOING TO RESPOND TO CTM< AND NOLDERS POSTS AND CLAIMS IN BOLD BELOW PLEASE READ ALL OF IT BECAUSE THERE ARE NUMEROUS POINTS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO THIS CASE

But I'm town.

Smashs reveal was awful,

My reveal was worded poorly no doubt. I was thinking of using my power on Verbal but I really did not think he was going to shoot based on the things he was saying early in the game after he revealed. After the shot was taken I asked town to weigh in on how I should use the role and got absolutely nothing in return but insults and stupidity so at that stage I said screw it Ill use the role the way I see fit and really did not want to answer any more questions since I covered everything and people were skimming the sh*t out of the game asking me questions I already answered over and over.

This is pure absolute nonsense trying to mislead the newer players and its disgusting. You know damn well the Mod's of these games very rarely do what they say when they talk "vanilla game" they don't want you figuring out what they have going so most of the time they say anything to describe their game. This is a 20 player game how vanilla can you go ? I have a one time role its not like thats so over the top to warrant what you said here so everyone should take note CTM is gaming the mod and misleading Town Newbies.

Role cop is plainly stated in mafia scum as a detective role (I looked it up in 2 places when people started questioning the role. When  you design a game you can make any role fit how you like, There are many many roles that can go across all alignments so stop this crap of putting me in the type of situation that fits your narrative simply because you are voting me and want people to follow your nonsense.

I also explained my thinking here are you Skimming again ? I got tunnel vision on vern and explained why at the time I was thinking of using my power on verbal in the end I did not use it and I explained why on BOTH counts but you just seem to gloss over that fact by not saying anything that will not fit your narrative. You even went to the extent of bolding my postes MID SENTENCE to make your point trying to put out shiny objects for people to focus on, hopefully they read the entire post to see whats up with your play in this situation.

His reveal was panicked and ill conceived because verbal announced in thread he was shooting smash, leaving him limited time to plan and plot.

This was exactly why I worded my reveal like sh*t I was concerned verbal was going to shoot without giving me time to reveal I never post well when rushed which is exactly how I felt. I tend to do this alot and Im a much better player and more concise when I take my time rather than get infuriated with people who skim or ask dumb questions OR ask questions I already answered 3 times. 

No dumb ass holstering on day one is a smart play taking a blind shot is stupid and Verbal said as much that we could trust him not to be a happy trigger finger then he blasted away anyhow. I'm not sure WTF you've been playing the past 12 years but it has happened too many times to count VIG gets GUN VIG SHOOTS early in game with no real data to back his shot and we have dead townies and power roles you know this to be true as do the other vets yet you all push verbal who can't reliably vet himself with a shot to go ahead and shoot so if he does happen to be a SK you have just given him carte blanche to run wild shooting. thats dumb play and I hope the newbies in this game will understand  why and that you are heavily trying to influence them with stupid logic.

No absolutely FALSE I asked APE how he would proceed with this situation and if he thought it would be a good idea and he responded but you worded this like I "Agreed" when I was simply posing a question based on the situation at hand. You played this entire situation terribly and I hope people will read this and fact check everything I said here as opposed to the crap you are pushing.

Let's kill smash

3 hours ago, Nolder said:

I'm down.

Vote Smash

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

Don't need to vet him, **** it.

All he can tell us is what someones role is not if they are town or mafia. 

It's not even really that useful all things considered and that's if he's even telling the truth which I don't think he is.

Now heres Nolder the king of Skimming ... Hes confirmed town because he took over APE's role in the game. The first thing out of his mouth is can you all tell me whats going on in the game ? Single most stupid question you can ask and I'll explain. When you ask a question like that you give scum a chance to cloudy the water and give you their perspective on the game and whats been said. The right thing to do here would have been to take on APE's role come in the thread and say "hey guys Im taking over for APE im going to take 20 to 3 minutes to read over the thread and get my take on the game." At that point if he had any questions on what was going on I would have gladly answered him but he wanted to take the lazy route and I have no time for that sh*t. He then proceeded to ask me sh*t I already sent a lot of time answering and in all honesty I was focusing on what was going on since I was getting heat and I didn't have time to go back and re-read the thread and play Nolders game for him. Of course now Nolder will get mad at me but that's par for the course.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

smash - > no way to vet verbal

CTM misleading once again ...When I said there is no way to reliably vet verbal as a town player it's because there is not a way to do it unless I investigate him and I think I said that before I revealed my role I might have said it afterwards as well . For all we know He could be a SK as well. I also stated I felt verbal was town and a Vig because it would be stupid for him to reveal this as scum I also cover this in depth BELOW . I started to ask for TOWN players to weigh in on my role and how I could possibly use it based on all the different scenarios possible and got ripped apart and called a block head and other choice words but I guess asking for something I might be missing is not a good play for town and CTM SCUM wants you to believe exactly that.

this post makes it 100% clear smash is scum or PR. he is worried he's going to get shot and wants a chance to claim. Also semi breadcrumbs his later claim.. HOWEVER. see below.. role cop would only return yea this mofo can shoot a mofo, not an alignment. 

It returns a role you Idiot. So it returns Hes a VIG

SO much wrong here

1) "i was going to follow" - > How long was night phase, seemed like ya'll were waiting for Verbal? Why was smash "going" to do anything and not already did? If he was going to role cop verbal to vet him (even though he couldn't and said earlier there was no way too), why wouldn't he have put that in earlier??

I covered this with verbal I posted quickly and used the wrong word I should have said investigated noty much more i can say about this but its a piss poor argument from a scum player to point out what was an obvious mistake and make into something to once again fit his narrative.

2) Cops target not follow - yeah Duh no kidding but to correct you they Investigate not target SK's and Vig;s target. How Ironic is that !!!! A guy making a case I used the wrong word to describe my action uses the wrong word LOL 

3) Confirming verbal has a kill can be done by you know, Verbal killing someone. Smash should not get alignment so offers no additional vetting then verbal just killing (See below)

CTM fails to tell you here that verbal can just as easily be a SK he certainly leaves a lot out of his arguments to  support his claim ... Thats either stupid town lazy town or Pure devious SCUM

4) He would've loved to save the action but now has no choice to reveal. AFTER he just said he was going to use it on verbal N1. Makes no sense _

once again if you read my earlier posts which you decided not to post here you would have seen I was struggling with hos to use my role. If you feel I should use it on verbal or anyone else for that matter you could have made (or anyone could have made ) Suggestions on how I could use it . By asking this question I was hoping some townies would have come up with some creative ways to use my role but I guess that was too much to ask. Either way CTM was dead at this stage but he did come back in the game and if he would of read the thread and my posts he would have seen that I asked and maybe as a town player offed some suggestions.

So either smash is scum trying to weasel his way out of a NK  - or - he's actually this role that is often scum aligned and doesn't understand his role (he can't vet verbal is town, just that he can kill, see below) - or - the mod is god damn idiot that doesn't understand the role and misinformed smash

Once again NO if I INVESTIGATE VERBAL and he is the VIG 80 will tell me he is VIG since THATS HIS ROLE how dumb can you be ???

I was going to say Occam's Razor forces us to conclude smash is scum here, but I have to admit Smash not understanding his role or the mod being a god damn idiot are also highly possible and simple explanations.

In any event the whole reveal stinks AND did smash ever even say if he used his role? I'll go look.. 

If you are making a case on me shouldn't you already know this ? This would be an important part of this whole situation and you don't even know whether I used my role ??? Are you kidding me ?

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Role_Cop

bolded below

Heres CTM telling you I don't understand my role LOL this is hilarious. First of all my role gives me a PLAYERS ROLE. So if I investigate a player and it comes up COP Guess what he's a townie. Gee that was tough let me continue ....

If I investigate someone and it comes up DOC Gee he must be Town Unless in CTM's world scum can now have Doc's 

If I investigate a player and it comes up Godfather Gee that guy must be Scum ..wow this is really difficult.

Now there  are other ways my role can play a big part in the game, Just so some of you newbies know (I'll include CTM here cause hes still playing like a newb after 12 years ) Lets say a player gets run up and claims DOC or COP and gets counter claimed (that means someone else is calling that player a liar and saying "hey wait IM THE COP OR DOC" man y times over the years scum has countered town and town has countered scum  there have been some very good arguments in these situations and town has made some bad calls killing the wrong player. Scum does this because they have a known TEAM so one scum player giving up his life for the better of his team is a great play if they can take out a COP OR A DOC .. In this case I can use my role to investigate either one of the players in question and find out who is lying. Gee what a concept. 

Sometimes there is no counter claim because  the town player as COP OR DOC does not want to counter said scum player because its early in the game and that then outs their role falling into the trap Scum wants them to fall into. In that case I can investigate the player and Vett his or her role and if it comes up DOC OR COP ...holy crap he she must be town. Amazing

CTM also stated I can't Vet verbal .... I have never in my life seen a SCUM Vigilante EVER I'm not even sure how that can exist on concept alone (but Idiot CTM wants you to believe his bullcrap and his false narrative) Vigilante is ALWAYS town aligned. So If I investigate Verbal Since he did actually shoot kdel62 hes going to show up to me as either a Vigilante (town) or a SK (3rd Party) .

Like I stated EARLIER (you can go back and read) I was having Issue with using my role on Verbal.... 1. because I think he's town and it would be dreadfully stupid for him to claim VIG as SCUM simply because if he were scum and needed to avoid the lynch, like he did, he would have used the DOC or the COP  reveal therefore helping his scum team hoping for a counter claim therefore outing those power roles.

2. because my role would be much more beneficial if I use it on a possible DOC COP situation no matter how it presents itself.

My vote stays on CTM 

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Verbal is a vig and fully vetted. Just looked it up. This is why you let him shoot folks. What a dumb freaken waste of time all of that nightime voting nonsense was. And holster? OMFG 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Jones_(Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles)

So you went and looked up the Movie thread to Vet verbal. That's fine I applaud you for that . I said this 30 pages ago that it would be DUMB for verbal to claim VIG as scum, I also asked for help if I was missing anything and rather than provide that help like you did here doing this amazing research you just called me scum instead. 

IMHO you did this because you are scum and know Verbal is not scum since he's not on your team  so the only thing I was looking for to rule out was whether VERABL was a SK and now I see that hes not so maybe just maybe I made the right call not using my god damn power on him Night freaking 1

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Haha.. wtf.

Dude, this even says you don't get alignment. Unless 80 is a complete derp he'd return an non faction defining role like Night time Killing ability. Not town vig

You Dumb Idiot .... Everyone knows I don't get alignment but If I get VIG or Doc or Cop WTF DOES THAT TELL YOUR  FEEBLE LITTLE MIND ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

THOSE ARE ALL TOWN ROLES could you be this stupid

god help me

Below is the first sentence in the Mafia scum link CTM the Buffoon provided.

A Role Cop is an investigative role that learns the role of its target, e.g. "Cop", "Doctor", "Roleblocker", etc.. There is no indication of the target's alignment;

Now I ask if i get DOC in my investigation does anyone question what alignment that is ? I dont know maybe CTM the Buffoon would !!!

Oh Look there a COP in that sentence too AMAZING ...If I get COP any questions on alignment ?????

If I get Roleblocker Gee WTF could that be CTM 

Hey Buffoon if I get Godfather could you tell us some scenarios there ?

CTM has put up the most piss poor argument possible then provided a link to confirm his stupidity. This can go down in Mafia history as the single most stupid play ever

I’d also like to point out the curiousness of smash being all but buddies with crusher in the last night phase, but almost immediately when ctm shows up into the game suddenly smash votes ctm. 

i don’t think it’s high probability that smash, spot, and crusher are all scum, but i feel like there is a very strong chance 1 or 2 are. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Nolder said:

Don't need to vet him, **** it.

All he can tell us is what someones role is not if they are town or mafia. 

It's not even really that useful all things considered and that's if he's even telling the truth which I don't think he is.

This 100%. It’s not useful at all because guess what, we can never vet it for alignment and we would never be able to trust his word for it unless smash showed up dead town. 

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

If I get Roleblocker Gee WTF could that be CTM 

This is addressed in the role description bolded and underlined. 

The Role Cop's ability will let them learn their target's personal (i.e. not factional) abilities, in the form of a role name (or full role PM in the case where the role name would be nonstandard or unfamiliar). However, any alignment details and factional abilities are hidden; the Role Cop will see town-aligned and scum-aligned versions of the same role as identical. This is done by removing any faction-related and win-condition-related information from the role name (and role PM, if necessary) before posting it; "Town Roleblocker" and "Mafia Roleblocker" would just become "Roleblocker", and in a full role PM, the win condition, factional abilities, information about teammates, etc. would all be removed.

As a veteran mod in telling you I would not allow a role cop to know the difference between a vig, serial killer and scum with an extra nk. All three would return the same as to only give away ability, not alignment 

Its just not the way the role works 

@Jetsfan80 when you are done with your morning fap can you please weigh in on the above? Would a role cop get an alignment indicative result like serial killer ??

15 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I’d also like to point out the curiousness of smash being all but buddies with crusher in the last night phase, but almost immediately when ctm shows up into the game suddenly smash votes ctm. 

Hes mad I got put back in and am now trying to lead his lynch.

I can empathize 

Other than that, he'd have to fully cop to the quickest OMGUS in history 

From signup thread, linked below. Mod confirms vanilla game.. Vanilla games typically are scum, doc, cop vig..nothing else 

Role cop is a rare role 

1x role also rare

Why create a vanilla game with a rare 1x ability that would work not as intended if it allowed him to essentially confirm alignment ome of few in game power roles we've actually seen.

31 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

i don’t think it’s high probability that smash, spot, and crusher are all scum, but i feel like there is a very strong chance 1 or 2 are. 

If you bothered to read the game you would see Crusher was agreeing with me and I felt he was town due to that stance. he was the only one reading the posts and not asking me to say sh*t over and over as if the stuff I posted was not even read. So I had him as town would you have expected me to go after him in that scenario ? I didnt see anything Crusher posted as looking scummy . CTM has taken a different approach.