Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

10 hours ago, CTM said:

Verbal is a vig and fully vetted. Just looked it up. This is why you let him shoot folks. What a dumb freaken waste of time all of that nightime voting nonsense was. And holster? OMFG 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Jones_(Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles)

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So you went and looked up the Movie thread to Vet verbal. That's fine I applaud you for that . I said this 30 pages ago that it would be DUMB for verbal to claim VIG as scum, I also asked for help if I was missing anything and rather than provide that help like you did here doing this amazing research you just called me scum instead. 

IMHO you did this because you are scum and know Verbal is not scum since he's not on your team  so the only thing I was looking for to rule out was whether VERABL was a SK and now I see that hes not so maybe just maybe I made the right call not using my god damn power on him Night freaking 1

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

WOAH >>>> Didnt you just post a wiki from the movie 100 % vetting verbal ???? How the hell do you contradict yourself at every single turn and still stay alive ? How does someone like JVOR sit back and believe this absolute bullsh*t and come after me ? maybe you guys can re-group in your scum QT and go into damage control your both terribly bad at this.

4 hours ago, CTM said:

Yes blockhead, I was clearly catching up from just before your reveal. I said so a few times.

My initial reaction was that verbs choice was suspicious 

Then on reread 80 said something about the death scene being meaningful 

So I googled ninja turtle hockey stick and found the wiki

Thus, like the townie I am, new information came in so i altered my position to account for it 

This is what townies do, why are you trying to attack me for it ?

4 hours ago, CTM said:

This is the  post from 80 that lead me to google "ninja turtles hockey stick" which returned the wiki and forced me to change my stance on verbal 

Try it yourself, the wiki is the first result 

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Ninja+turtles+hockey+stick+

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

At least somebody decided to just do what I asked and look it up.

@Stark in your extensive reread that forced you to come to the very certain conclusion that I am scum, how exactly did you miss the 6 posts confirming verbals role and character in explicit detail.

How are you here on page 62 supposedly fully caught up and confident that you found scum (me) and still talking about you think you know what spoot was vaguely referring to.

It's been spelled out in explicit detail!

Several times!! 

And confirmed by verbal!!!!

Shame on you 

49 minutes ago, Stark said:

gross. want to be the martyr. no way that you can be sure Verb wouldn't go rogue and shoot someone else.

glad you have started posting, we are seeing things similarly. 

I thought crusher was scum early, and CTM - while seeming helpful on his return said, so crushers town and then went hard at smash. the comment to verb is IMO stupid and offering to die is not town (watch how CTM tries to spin it back) oh it benefits town if i die, removes an option that has obviously confused you townies etc

I wouldn't put it past either to be trying to bus each other.

UNVOTE

VOTE CTM aka little crusher

FYI, offering to die is not "scum", either

Day 2 Vote Count

• CTM (4) - Smash, JC, jvill 51, Stark
  • Smash (4)- JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering, CTM, Nolder
  • JC (3) - Spoot, Beaver, pdxgreen
  • Spoot (1) - Verbal

Not Voting (6) - GATA, Brick, Drums, BUM-KNEE, 32EBoozer, ID.

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

DAY 2 DEADLINE: THURSDAY, 10 AM EST

16 minutes ago, CTM said:

@Stark in your extensive reread that forced you to come to the very certain conclusion that I am scum, how exactly did you miss the 6 posts confirming verbals role and character in explicit detail.

How are you here on page 62 supposedly fully caught up and confident that you found scum (me) and still talking about you think you know what spoot was vaguely referring to.

It's been spelled out in explicit detail!

Several times!! 

And confirmed by verbal!!!!

Shame on you 

what does you confirming verbals, role in which i had already said i had thought i figured out have to do with me voting you as scum.

why are you making this about what other players said to look back on, which I did? 

I am not voting verbal... your posting a link showing his character doesn't make you town. 

shame on you.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

and Im saying the 4 main charaters from the movie are a 4 man mason team 

Yet their death scenes didnt mention this? 

Did you bread cop them to find out?

Or are you just trying to counter this vanilla game narrative . I think yes

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

what does you confirming verbals, role in which i had already said i had thought i figured out have to do with me voting you as scum.

why are you making this about what other players said to look back on, which I did? 

I am not voting verbal... your posting a link showing his character doesn't make you town. 

shame on you.

This isn't about me or verbal. This is about you, who claimed to have read and confidently voted me as scum yet clearly missed all of these posts about verbals role.

So you either heavily skimmed, but if you skimmed how can you be so confident as to my alignment 

Or 

Lied about reading up, cause if you read you wouldve seen the posts I quoted for you 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

This isn't about me or verbal. This is about you, who claimed to have read and confidently voted me as scum yet clearly missed all of these posts about verbals role.

So you either heavily skimmed, but if you skimmed how can you be so confident as to my alignment 

Or 

Lied about reading up, cause if you read you wouldve seen the posts I quoted for you 

i didn't lie about anything... Spoot and Verbal had tagged me yesterday about this exact topic. one of the first things i read this morning. 

Me voting you has nothing to do with Verbals role, or in any way clearing you as scum. You trying to make it seem that way to take attention from your other comments. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yet their death scenes didnt mention this? 

Did you bread cop them to find out?

Or are you just trying to counter this vanilla game narrative . I think yes

you know what man everything I do is scum so screw it I'm finished with this crap if I get lynched I get lynched you win. Not Emo Im just worn out I'm off to bed enjoy.

41 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

and Im saying the 4 main charaters from the movie are a 4 man mason team 

Are you claiming this as fact, or just making an assumption?

21 minutes ago, Stark said:

it is very rare for a town to use this on D2, as the antagonist.

You'd be surprised how often this happens anyway....

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

you know what man everything I do is scum so screw it I'm finished with this crap if I get lynched I get lynched you win. Not Emo Im just worn out I'm off to bed enjoy.

❤️ Smash

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Cool. and I will dance on your mafia grave scumbalina

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

He stuck out as very eager for me to shoot, and he kept repeating it - it felt like scum playing out in front to avoid the shot.  I knew the newbies on scum would be hard to identify, so I was hoping for a hero shot there.  Didn't work out, oh well.  RIP kdels.

Ok. Thank you. That's reasonable at face value.

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Now heres Nolder the king of Skimming ... Hes confirmed town because he took over APE's role in the game.

What can I say? I'm in a privileged position. I don't want to read 50 pages of oldbies telling newbies how to play.

The first thing out of his mouth is can you all tell me whats going on in the game ? Single most stupid question you can ask and I'll explain.

Please do.

When you ask a question like that you give scum a chance to cloudy the water and give you their perspective on the game and whats been said.

Possibly. If anyone tells me anything too shady though I would expect other town players to call them out on it thus revealing the identity of scum. They have to be very careful and subtle to attempt a move like this. 

Besides which, you are assuming I'm believing everything I'm being told and not double checking on my own.

The right thing to do here would have been to take on APE's role come in the thread and say "hey guys Im taking over for APE im going to take 20 to 3 minutes to read over the thread and get my take on the game." At that point if he had any questions on what was going on I would have gladly answered him but he wanted to take the lazy route and I have no time for that sh*t.

Next time I'll start and you wait until D2 to replace Ape ok? Show me how it's done.

He then proceeded to ask me sh*t I already sent a lot of time answering and in all honesty I was focusing on what was going on since I was getting heat and I didn't have time to go back and re-read the thread and play Nolders game for him. Of course now Nolder will get mad at me but that's par for the course.

I'm not mad. But again I have the privilege of being mod confirmed town. You know that whatever I say or do I am at least trying to win the game for town. My motivations are unquestionable, if nothing else. Why you wouldn't want to convince me that you're town I don't know. I could be here right now calling off the dogs and saying hey guys leave Smash alone I think he's town and that would carry a lot of weight. They might not listen to me but again my motivations are unquestionable so some people might listen who knows. Regardless instead you chose to snub me and gave me a bad impression and that's in addition to me going back and reading your claim and considering it in the context of the game. I just find the whole thing unlikely and I even more question the fact that you didn't use your power on Verbal to make sure he's not just a SK trying to float to endgame. Like the one thing your power might have been good for and that could vet you to a certain extent and you didn't do it? wtf

Now I'd rather just roll the dice and lynch you and keep Verbal around. For now anyway.

That's my thought process you're welcome to explain yours if you want but it's a day late and a dollar short imo.

28 minutes ago, GATA said:

I'm busy today too I'll read the stuff between stark  & CTM

CTM I understood the breakdown of that scenario you gave me but what if he gets scum?

Is it just to Buss ?

I'm simply saying that smashs claim can be used to help or hurt town. It's a null factor.

Vote him if you think hes scum or dont vote him if you think hes town, but dont not vote him under the idea that his role can only be beneficial to town. It can also be harmful to town

16 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Another angle on the Smash situation that I touched upon briefly a couple of nights ago but hasn't gotten much discussion:

What if he is a scum role cop, but his supposed one-time limit is BS? He hangs around until we summon him to resolve a dispute, but in the meantime he's been hunting for the doc/cop. The scum would have all the intel he gathered, meaning even a couple extra days of him surviving is invaluable to them while potentially devastating for the town.

I mean, yeah, that is entirely possible.

17 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Another angle on the Smash situation that I touched upon briefly a couple of nights ago but hasn't gotten much discussion:

What if he is a scum role cop, but his supposed one-time limit is BS? He hangs around until we summon him to resolve a dispute, but in the meantime he's been hunting for the doc/cop. The scum would have all the intel he gathered, meaning even a couple extra days of him surviving is invaluable to them while potentially devastating for the town.

Possible for sure. Hes gotta go

Day 2 Vote Count

• Smash (5)- JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering, CTM, Nolder, Drums
  • CTM (4) - Smash, JC, jvill 51, Stark
  • JC (3) - Spoot, Beaver, pdxgreen
  • Spoot (1) - Verbal

Not Voting (5) - GATA, Brick, BUM-KNEE, 32EBoozer, ID.

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

DAY 2 DEADLINE: THURSDAY, 10 AM EST