Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

9 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Spoot gets some heat and goes into hiding with JC.

Not weird at all.

Whether it's weird or not lets break the game open with a smash lynch huh? Then you can shoot stark, spoot or me tonight if you think I'm bussing.

This is a log jam at this point, do you really think 80 put a 1x town aligned role cop in a vanilla game and that smash was planning on following you while also waiting to vet a cop or doc?? 

The role makes no sense

The reveal made no sense

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Just breaking it down from a pure cost/benefit perspective on us making the wrong decision on Smash (we could do this breakdown from the other perspectives of us making the right decision on Smash, but its basically just a reversal of the cost/benefit) :

Smash is telling the truth, town lynches him today:

Cost: We'd lose ourselves another member of the town, obviously, as well as making the list scum have to deal with at night smaller (though not sure how scum would wanna play that given that he's been a lightning rod so far and there's a strong possibility they can get him lynched during the day, plus letting him live makes us question why he's still alive and keeps us chasing our tail). We'd lose out on potentially lynching scum. We'd also lose his ability to resolve a competing claims scenario, but that's assuming he's not already killed by then and if it comes to that we'd have to wait until after night to hear what he's learned, meaning both he could very well be killed during the night before we'd even get to hear from him.

Benefit: Gain more info on those pushing for his lynch

Smash is lying, town lets him live:

Cost: We potentially wind up lynching another townie instead. He won't get night killed, making us question why he's still alive and keeps us chasing our tail. Gives scum further opportunity to distance themselves if they deem it necessary. Gives scum the opportunity to have us fall for a fake role cop investigation and lynch the wrong guy, which might be fatal if it's late in the game. Gives scum the opportunity to have us trust Smash by successfully resolving a role claim, and giving other scum cover if they want to follow his lead after that. If he's lying about how many times he can use his claimed ability, but not the ability itself, every day we let him live means scum actually get two chances to find the cop/doc (I don't know how likely this is because it seems like it would make mafia too powerful, but I'm out of my depth in that area). The only way to truly vet him would be a cop investigation, meaning the cop might be forced to reveal early on.

Benefit: Gain more info based on the other person we lynch.

I should add as a potential benefit of Smash lying, but living: its still possible that the person we lynch instead of him is scum.

7 hours ago, GATA said:

Am in the only one that wants to see him “use” his so called 1x investigation? 

Using it now would be a waste, imo, if, in fact, he has it at all. It's a clever ploy, if scum, because it protects him from being lynched until a Town PR is outed and he can "verify".

• Upvote 1

Day 2 Vote Count

• Smash (6)- JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering, CTM, Nolder, Drums, jvill 51
  • JC (3) - Spoot, Beaver, pdxgreen
  • CTM (3) - Smash, JC, Stark
  • Spoot (1) - Verbal

Not Voting (5) - GATA, Brick, BUM-KNEE, 32EBoozer, ID.

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

DAY 2 DEADLINE: THURSDAY, 10 AM EST

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

and Im saying the 4 main charaters from the movie are a 4 man mason team 

On 2/10/2020 at 12:33 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF, aka Raphael (Vanilla Town) has been killed by the Foot Clan. 

kdels62, aka Leonardo (Vanilla Town) has been impaled by a hockey stick. 

"Vanilla Town"

You're just pulling sh*t out of your ass.

unvote vote Smash

• Upvote 1

Day 2 Vote Count

• Smash (7)- JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering, CTM, Nolder, Drums, jvill 51, Spoot
  • CTM (3) - Smash, JC, Stark
  • JC (2) - Beaver, pdxgreen
  • Spoot (1) - Verbal

Not Voting (5) - GATA, Brick, BUM-KNEE, 32EBoozer, ID.

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

DAY 2 DEADLINE: THURSDAY, 10 AM EST

5 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Ok wtf is a mason team?

Great, more stuff to look up. LOL

5 hours ago, Stark said:

its a group of players in the game that can communicate outside of this board. it is kind of like a town version of scum/mafia in that sense.

Plus, they are CONFIRMED Town, as they can all vett each other. Very powerful, actually.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, CTM said:

Whether it's weird or not lets break the game open with a smash lynch huh? Then you can shoot stark, spoot or me tonight if you think I'm bussing.

This is a log jam at this point, do you really think 80 put a 1x town aligned role cop in a vanilla game and that smash was planning on following you while also waiting to vet a cop or doc?? 

The role makes no sense

The reveal made no sense

People have taken sides, time to validate opinions

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

I'm sorry if every day I can't scrolling through 10-12 pages of incomprehensible jibberish.  When I get some more time to decide if you're the bad guy I will do so accordingly (possible townie or scum.)

^^Doesn't get pissy and OMGUS the person calling him out.

Already a better player than JC.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Just breaking it down from a pure cost/benefit perspective on us making the wrong decision on Smash (we could do this breakdown from the other perspectives of us making the right decision on Smash, but its basically just a reversal of the cost/benefit) :

Cost: We'd lose ourselves another member of the town, obviously, as well as making the list scum have to deal with at night smaller (though not sure how scum would wanna play that given that he's been a lightning rod so far and there's a strong possibility they can get him lynched during the day, plus letting him live makes us question why he's still alive and keeps us chasing our tail). We'd lose out on potentially lynching scum. We'd also lose his ability to resolve a competing claims scenario, but that's assuming he's not already killed by then and if it comes to that we'd have to wait until after night to hear what he's learned, meaning both he could very well be killed during the night before we'd even get to hear from him.

Cost: We potentially wind up lynching another townie instead. He won't get night killed, making us question why he's still alive and keeps us chasing our tail. Gives scum further opportunity to distance themselves if they deem it necessary. Gives scum the opportunity to have us fall for a fake role cop investigation and lynch the wrong guy, which might be fatal if it's late in the game. Gives scum the opportunity to have us trust Smash by successfully resolving a role claim, and giving other scum cover if they want to follow his lead after that. If he's lying about how many times he can use his claimed ability, but not the ability itself, every day we let him live means scum actually get two chances to find the cop/doc (I don't know how likely this is because it seems like it would make mafia too powerful, but I'm out of my depth in that area). The only way to truly vet him would be a cop investigation, meaning the cop might be forced to reveal early on.

For the love of everything beautiful, Verb, DON'T SHOOT THIS GUY!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

You are missing one detail .

If scum claims doc or cop .... OUR Doc or Cop do not even have to counter claim therefore keeping them hidden.

I can investigate the original claim confirm or deny and scum does not know who the real doc or cop is. If I'm dead then your on your own. How CTM is down playing the possible scenarios with which I can use my Role is so scummy and he's doing it right in your faces. 

I just had to get that out there for the second time while CTM downplays my roles importance . 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You are missing one detail .

If scum claims doc or cop .... OUR Doc or Cop do not even have to counter claim therefore keeping them hidden.

I can investigate the original claim confirm or deny and scum does not know who the real doc or cop is. If I'm dead then your on your own. How CTM is down playing the possible scenarios with which I can use my Role is so scummy and he's doing it right in your faces. 

I just had to get that out there for the second time while CTM downplays my roles importance . 

Fair point, so let’s play that out:

Someone on the verge of lynch claims doc, you’re still alive, no one counters. We lynch someone else, night comes. If whoever claimed doc is lying, the real doc knows this and can play mind games with the scum. Without knowing whether you yourself are scum, the doc probably protects himself though. Same scenario if the doc claim is real, except odds go way up he protects himself. Odds are if you’re town you never make it through the night to give us your results, but at least as a bonus they’ve used their night kill on you instead of the doc. If the claim was fake, real doc has delayed his counter claim until at least the next day.

Its a benefit, but how pivotal it is will depend on where and how late we are in the game.

37 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

^^Doesn't get pissy and OMGUS the person calling him out.

Already a better player than JC.

So you spent all that time casing JC and you come in now with some nonsense as to why Im scum ? 

Join the buffoon brigade ..... Either way I'm sure town will be fine you still have 15 to 17 idiots following CTM how can this not end well.

My only regret is spending so much time trying to prove my innocence only to have it fall on deaf ears .

CTM acted so cummy with so many scum tells in his case yet the possible power role gets lynched . And CTM is telling you how insignificant my role is when it's anything but insignificant . 

6 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Fair point, so let’s play that out:

Someone on the verge of lynch claims doc, you’re still alive, no one counters. We lynch someone else, night comes. If whoever claimed doc is lying, the real doc knows this and can play mind games with the scum. Without knowing whether you yourself are scum, the doc probably protects himself though. Same scenario if the doc claim is real, except odds go way up he protects himself. Odds are if you’re town you never make it through the night to give us your results, but at least as a bonus they’ve used their night kill on you instead of the doc. If the claim was fake, real doc has delayed his counter claim until at least the next day.

Its a benefit, but how pivotal it is will depend on where and how late we are in the game.

good points but keep in mind with a lot of people in the game its easy for the Doc to protect me without him being outed . Keeping our power roles protected from having to counter claim keeps scum in the dark. Also keep in mind I may have something up my sleeve in relation to scum and how they play this.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So you spent all that time casing JC and you come in now with some nonsense as to why Im scum ? 

Join the buffoon brigade ..... Either way I'm sure town will be fine you still have 15 to 17 idiots following CTM how can this not end well.

My only regret is spending so much time trying to prove my innocence only to have it fall on deaf ears .

CTM acted so cummy with so many scum tells in his case yet the possible power role gets lynched . And CTM is telling you how insignificant my role is when it's anything but insignificant . 

The significance though depends wildly on how far you make it. If you're town, odds are scum only lets you live long enough to sow significant chaos and paranoia. If you're scum you can then point to that fact that they're letting you live for that reason, all the while potentially digging up valuable info for them until the town eventually lynches you.

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

yeah I was just going by the Quartet comment and over looked a simple scene ... It was however just an assumption  

No, it was a hail mary attempt at trying to justify your claimed role's existence, that showed you weren't really paying attention.

It was lazy and awful.

I already outlined in a post somewhere in here all the ways this claim for you would be convenient as Scum, and that's what it's looking like now.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

The significance though depends wildly on how far you make it. If you're town, odds are scum only lets you live long enough to sow significant chaos and paranoia. If you're scum you can then point to that fact that they're letting you live for that reason, all the while potentially digging up valuable info for them until the town eventually lynches you.

Jvill there are so many scenarios involved with how people look at this game you are making all great points I won't deny that at least common sense is involved at how you are approaching this.

But whether I'm alive or dead as scum they still get a kill and if I'm full of sh*t eventually you have me as a possible lynch candidate. Lynching an un-countered power role was always a bad play but in that respect I really can't get countered. CTM has tried every trick in the book to get me lynched and that's a bad play but no one seems to be looking at that. If there is any chance I can do something very beneficial for town why throw that in the trash when if in fact I am lying you can lynch me any time you want. Keep in mind anyone can lie in this game we once had a town player on day one false claim Cop just to give you an Idea just how ridiculous things can get. I think someone did the same crap with Doc . 

Also I'm not sowing any of the madness the madness is people not reading what I'm saying and asking me the same questions I've already answered creating a sh*t load of posts drowning out real scum hunting in the process. I hate that that happens but I'm not going to let CTM make up crap without trying to defend. I think he did a piss poor job and In that really long post I made I showed contradictions AND I also showed the only real case he has on me is that he just thinks Im scum and hes putting my power role in the toilet because of it.

I told verbal not to shoot because of 12 years of experience. Vig;s for as long as I can remember make bad calls on day one and since verbal has quieted a bit on the Shooting front I'll bet anything he only had a 1x shot. Its possible he may have a odd night phase shot meaning shots on night 1.3.5 but that would crush CTM stupid vanilla game theory, yet another dumb reason for voting me and pushing for my lynch by gaming the Moderator 

So in essence verbal got heat on day 1 he shot a townie when I asked him not too shoot and now Im going to get lynched Just think about that for a sec