Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

1 hour ago, Stark said:

well they are not here yet. Wife isn't Due until June. all the "extra" appointments are over until March for now.

Baby "B" is going to require a procedure within days of birth. Baby "A" is fine 

I

Best wishes Stark

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Smash's flip will make CTM's motivations more clear, that's for sure. That's why it's important at this stage to get some sort of resolution otherwise it's just going to continue being a huge question mark. The only surefire way to vet somebody is their death and the mod revealing what they are.

It definitely can be par for the course. In a game this large having 3 townies dead, VTs no less, isn't all that bad. The games are numbered in a way so that Town can absorb some deaths before the scum team can win. Think of it as clearing the board for a better picture. Players gotta die to figure out the puzzle, it's as simple as that. Obviously lynching/shooting scum is preferable but no, it's not at all abnormal for Town to take a few L's early on before they get their sh*t together. All things considered we have a Vig and confirmed Townie still alive, and presumably the Cop and/or Doc are still hidden. Things aren't too bad yet.

You shouldn't be too worried about PRs as Town. Mafia is going to hunt them because they make the game harder for them to win, but your job isn't particularly to figure that out. Eventually you might be able to tell, even as Town, but when that happens it's best to keep it to yourself and if you can try to insulate that player taking too much heat and being forced to claim.

The SK theory can be put to bed, imo. Verb has vetted his ability to shoot and the flavor of the scene suggests that he's someone who should be a good guy. It's ~safe to roll with that assumption imo. EVEN IF 80 took a canonically good guy and decided to make him a SK, Verbal was screwed as soon as he claimed. Regardless of what people will say about Vigs hurting Town, they are a very real threat to scum because they have the sole power of eliminating scum at Night which is typically the Mafia's haven. In short, Town or SK, Mafia is going to have to kill Verbal before too long. We up that ante if Town collectively decides to not lynch him considering the evidence we have that points to him being a legit Town Vig.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Makes a bunch of sense actually. Thanks for the info.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ID. said:

For me, it was a bit chaotic and confusing.   As a ‘noob’, trying to figure out basic game-play, the concept of the roles, what they are, who they are affiliated with, is a bit overwhelming.

All good. Best way to learn is to jump in and swim!

or drown

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ID. said:

For me, it was a bit chaotic and confusing.   As a ‘noob’, trying to figure out basic game-play, the concept of the roles, what they are, who they are affiliated with, is a bit overwhelming.

here babes 

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:All_roles_and_modifiers

Vanilla T (is just Townie) 

the flavor of the game comes with all the back and forth and the lies. 

Try to follow your hunch.

At the end of the day this is just a game with a bunch of nerdy ppl playing make believe. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Stark said:

im not going to lie. You and CTM both are still on my list.

I am probably running too many scenarios through my head but I am going to say 80 probably gave town that perk unlynchable because of the number of new players and scum probably being a 5 man team bases on the numbers. or 80 really wanted to make Verb the MVP and give him shots at failed lynch scum.

First, before I call anyone out for bussing, I want to make sure that Smash really is Scum.

Giving Smash a 1x Role Cop PLUS unlynchable seems like an odd combination to give a Townie. And the way Smash has handled it has been really scummy. I think he's lying about the Role Cop, and there was no need to do that if he was Town.

Verb shooting him is the easiest way to do so.

6 minutes ago, GATA said:

here babes 

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:All_roles_and_modifiers

Vanilla T (is just Townie) 

the flavor of the game comes with all the back and forth and the lies. 

Try to follow your hunch.

At the end of the day this is just a game with a bunch of nerdy ppl playing make believe. 

Thanks for the link, this goes back to my earlier question/comment - that anyone can claim any one of those 176 roles for this game.  It’s then up to us to vet them

4 hours ago, GATA said:

^ this makes sense now to me. 

Still don't get why we'd put so many roles in a starting game for newbs but it is what it is.

I don't see how the mod would create an unlynchable role if not to protect town's cop.

I'm not voting you next round 

What? Now it makes sense to you?

When have we ever seen a Cop have an additional ability besides maybe a 1x BPV? And that's for a regular alignment Cop with unlimited uses.

Now you think 80 gave a mere 1x Role Cop an unlynchable just to protect him?

1 hour ago, Stark said:

well they are not here yet. Wife isn't Due until June. all the "extra" appointments are over until March for now.

Baby "B" is going to require a procedure within days of birth. Baby "A" is fine 

I

All the best with the babies and the procedures!  Twin Gemini’s,  good luck with that ?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What? Now it makes sense to you?

When have we ever seen a Cop have an additional ability besides maybe a 1x BPV? And that's for a regular alignment Cop with unlimited uses.

Now you think 80 gave a mere 1x Role Cop an unlynchable just to protect him?

I would think to protect a 1x cop yes thats a possibility 

Not negating that he could be a x1 lynch as well as scum

But he did bread crumb the surprise

13 minutes ago, ID. said:

Thanks for the link, this goes back to my earlier question/comment - that anyone can claim any one of those 176 roles for this game.  It’s then up to us to vet them

^ yes & if you do and we catch you lying

That's an automatic lynch 

1 minute ago, GATA said:

I would think to protect a 1x cop yes thats a possibility 

Not negating that he could be a x1 lynch as well as scum

But he did bread crumb the surprise

^ yes & if you do and we catch you . 

That's an authomatic lynch 

Gotcha, thanks!

When you say automatic, is that literal or does it still require a team consensus/vote?

15 minutes ago, ID. said:

They could, sure. But then follow up question is always "does that even make sense?" It's not just as simple as claiming a role and that's that. You've gotta consider the source material (this can be dangerous by itself), what roles are already claimed/dead, that person's play, did another player counterclaim, etc.

1 minute ago, ID. said:

Gotcha, thanks!

When you say automatic, is that literal or does it still require a team consensus/vote?

Usually, the next day starts and everyone one goes full throttle voting that 1 person even scum teammates since there's no choice left but to lie.

2 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Big picture it looks muddier than before. 

Except CTM wasted alot of time with his dog and pony show trying to not look scummy

We've lost 3 Townies already. Maybe thats the way these games play out normally, but it seems to be mishandled a bit to me. I don't know how much you've played, probably alot, but I'm just starting. Is this par for the course?

No vetting, a possible SK, possible cop, and a possible Doc to figure into the equation. Kinda offputting....

CTM is trying to direct the Vig he did it earlier he's doing it now. He a giant contradiction and he's scum.

8 minutes ago, A.J. said:

They could, sure. But then follow up question is always "does that even make sense?" It's not just as simple as claiming a role and that's that. You've gotta consider the source material (this can be dangerous by itself), what roles are already claimed/dead, that person's play, did another player counterclaim, etc.

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

Usually, the next day starts and everyone one goes full throttle voting that 1 person even scum teammates since there's no choice left but to lie.

Makes sense, thank you both again!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Smash's flip will make CTM's motivations more clear, that's for sure. That's why it's important at this stage to get some sort of resolution otherwise it's just going to continue being a huge question mark. The only surefire way to vet somebody is their death and the mod revealing what they are.

It definitely can be par for the course. In a game this large having 3 townies dead, VTs no less, isn't all that bad. The games are numbered in a way so that Town can absorb some deaths before the scum team can win. Think of it as clearing the board for a better picture. Players gotta die to figure out the puzzle, it's as simple as that. Obviously lynching/shooting scum is preferable but no, it's not at all abnormal for Town to take a few L's early on before they get their sh*t together. All things considered we have a Vig and confirmed Townie still alive, and presumably the Cop and/or Doc are still hidden. Things aren't too bad yet.

You shouldn't be too worried about PRs as Town. Mafia is going to hunt them because they make the game harder for them to win, but your job isn't particularly to figure that out. Eventually you might be able to tell, even as Town, but when that happens it's best to keep it to yourself and if you can try to insulate that player taking too much heat and being forced to claim.

The SK theory can be put to bed, imo. Verb has vetted his ability to shoot and the flavor of the scene suggests that he's someone who should be a good guy. It's ~safe to roll with that assumption imo. EVEN IF 80 took a canonically good guy and decided to make him a SK, Verbal was screwed as soon as he claimed. Regardless of what people will say about Vigs hurting Town, they are a very real threat to scum because they have the sole power of eliminating scum at Night which is typically the Mafia's haven. In short, Town or SK, Mafia is going to have to kill Verbal before too long. We up that ante if Town collectively decides to not lynch him considering the evidence we have that points to him being a legit Town Vig.

^^Best sub all game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

I mean, he’s pretty much gotta die now. Town needs that resolution otherwise this will continue to dominate the game imo 

I argued the point for quite a while as you probably already know. I did not lie about anything (and I tired to breadcrumb as much as possible as not to give too much information to scum) I simply played the game as the game dictated. The way CTM was having fun with the whole situation and egging me on (which he admitted) is what ruined it for town and any chance I had to reveal my role as unlynchable. His stoneheaded approach to the situation really opened things up for scum IMHO I think that much is obvious. I made the decision not to reveal when I got run up for the simple reason (as I stated numerous times ) they would have had to lynch me or attempt to lynch me just to vet my claim. Me revealing would not have changed anything at all so based on the circumstances I opted for shock value instead. If that makes me scum in some players eyes then so be it. Just like my poor use of words in my first reveal of Role Cop x1 I said "follow" instead of "Investigate" I stated why that happened and I answered every question put to me. As it stands now I am a x1 role cop and unlynchable. If people don't believe me they have 3 options 

1. Which is worst option for town is they attempt to lynch me again and let another day go by tomorrow without a possible Scum kill/lynch or any good information a vote count would give.

2. Have Verbal shoot me and risk losing a power role that could confirm many roles within the game notably Cop and Doc therefore if a scum player reveals cop or doc I can preserve anonymity of said roles by investigating the claim while the real Doc or Cop lay low keep them safe from scum potential role block and kill

3. Leave me alive to use my role.

Yes the role cop is impossible to vet since it has a 1x use but if I can save the cop or doc from being outed or catch scum in an outright lie is it worth it to shoot me ?

If it does not make sense to any of you why I held back my unlynchable role as I described then please tell me why when it was 100% obvious they would have gone through with the lynch anyhow. Nothing left to explain since I obviously avoided said lynch

22 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Did it work before?

I wasnt alive before.

I hope you shoot smash, but the key word is hope. I said it's in your hands, that's not vig directing that's expressing an opinion. What smash did ast night phase, that was vig directing 

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

I agree with what you are saying . I believe verbal is a Vig and I agree with what you said about 3 vanilla townies not being the end of the world but i disagree when It comes to power roles. I have a nice role for town to use and I felt CTM went a little over the top not believing anything I said then accusing me as lying when I explained why I did what I did. Hes got tunnel vision on me. if you remember earlier in the game Crusher was (the character CTM replaced) Buddying up to me  I noticed it but was going to sock that away for later play. Then in marches CTM and he goes right back on the attack and thats understandable since he never trusts me and he was pointing at me early in the game just like he always does

2 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

You are like a slinky, all twisted up and still flopping around.

You haven't proven much to me other than you are shady as hell and seek of scum.

Ok, I'm VT . I think smash is scum. I also know smash is keen to not have scum mates buss him, which is why I think stark is scum and 1/2 heartedly going after me at smashs request.

I will likely turn up dead at some point at which point you can trust I had no agenda. 

Just now, CTM said:

Ok, I'm VT . I think smash is scum. I also know smash is keen to not have scum mates buss him, which is why I think stark is scum and 1/2 heartedly going after me at smashs request.

I will likely turn up dead at some point at which point you can trust I had no agenda. 

Fine

But I'm not counting out you bussing either.

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

@CTM aside from your smash fascination who would you advise to be shot

Stark. If verbal wants to play small ball, kill an inactive 

The downside to killing smash is atleast hes participating. To bad hes scum.

31 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Did it work before?

No verb it didn't work but I'm just pointing out what CTM did which was directing you when I actually took the time to put it too a vote since it was only Day 1. In my eyes you are pretty much veted now and I'm not going to tell you how to proceed that's your call.