Jump to content
Jetsfan80

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Hmmmmm.

I'd like to hear your case on me.

Off the top of my head siding with Smash in the first major argument of the game. JiF naming you and Smash then turning up dead in the night. Voting to holster Night 1 when it looked like Smash was about to get got.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

All I said was that crusher voted to holster on smash and you’ve now taken over his role so it’s a little suspicious. I didn’t say that it automatically makes you scum. 

You know who else voted holster spooootttttt

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A.J. said:

I wouldn’t mind hearing more on why Stark is scum. I didn’t think the posts he was making around the time I checked in were bad or anything

I do think he was on the Smash counter wagon D2 though

Part of it is meta.

Stark is a guy whose busted out spreadsheets as town with running tallys. Very logical , contemplative townie.  @GATA brought up his spreadsheets in one of these threads.

Yesterday when smash and I were leading trains, basically neck and neck. I prod stark to take a position and it was basically, well you both are scummy but I'm voting CTM (based mostly on crusher i believe his reasoning was) but i don't trust either. Fine, whatever like I said I had like 5 voters .

The issue for me though was that he started making posts speculating on verbals role and casing me for flip flopping on verbal, and he completely missed about 6 posts on the page before where verb's role was completely outed, discussed and verbal confirmed it. Just not like him to skim like that as town. That + adding momentum to my train in a majority dies at deadline game  + knowing smash prods his team to vote by the book made me feel that he was being cajoled into a half hearted vote on me that he didn't really believe was the right strategy. I can bump posts later but it was from Wed afternoon/ night i think

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CTM said:

honestly i can't believe after all those posts yesterday, his surviving the lynch and then the amount of people who said they wouldn't vote him today that we speed lynched the sob.

I was expecting another long battle and was tired just thinking about it.

^^So surprised.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

you are so full of sh*t.

You vote me every game LOL

Still a dumb run up without letting me even say something and a dumb vig shot on day 1  wasted my time with.

GG guys have fun

not true mr sour grapes

gg though! I can't believe you survived n1 and weren't even a vote leader day 2 at the start

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I stand by my decision at the time to for to Verb holster on N1. I didn't think it'd be worth it just to vett his ability to shoot if that meant he could still be a SK, and if the price was likely a Townie or possible PR. It's funny how your predecessor also believed that to be the best case for Town, but now you're so against it.

it was dumb and anti town. Crusher hasn't had animal fat in 45 days, give the dude a break

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Por que no los dos? 

Because I'm not that lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CTM said:

bizzare pivot towards me picking up where smash left off.

add JETS to my list of scum leans

^^OMGUS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, Smashmouth said:

Verbals Shot:

Verbal (1) Brickhouse

Spoot (2) GATA, Boozer

GATA (2) kdels62, ID 

Smash (3) JOVR, jvill51, Just End Me

Holster (7) Smash,Drums, Beaver, Spoot, Crusher, BUM-KNEE, Stark

Not Participating (1) Ape

Majority gets Shot. I guess we should bold our votes just like a real vote.

The Moderator does not approve this message. :)

**** Him

I'm assuming Just End me =  just end the suffering. ALso notice Just End the suffering was an early smash day 2 voter. I'd move him to town lean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Part of it is meta.

Stark is a guy whose busted out spreadsheets as town with running tallys. Very logical , contemplative townie.  @GATA brought up his spreadsheets in one of these threads.

Yesterday when smash and I were leading trains, basically neck and neck. I prod stark to take a position and it was basically, well you both are scummy but I'm voting CTM (based mostly on crusher i believe his reasoning was) but i don't trust either. Fine, whatever like I said I had like 5 voters .

The issue for me though was that he started making posts speculating on verbals role and casing me for flip flopping on verbal, and he completely missed about 6 posts on the page before where verb's role was completely outed, discussed and verbal confirmed it. Just not like him to skim like that as town. That + adding momentum to my train in a majority dies at deadline game  + knowing smash prods his team to vote by the book made me feel that he was being cajoled into a half hearted vote on me that he didn't really believe was the right strategy. I can bump posts later but it was from Wed afternoon/ night i think

Something to think about.

ill concede the meta arguments to the homers here. I’ve only played with Verb, Nolder, Crusher & JC to any extent. The rest of the newer guys was like one game maybe a year back

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

^^OMGUS

I've been scum with smash, it's very basic strat. lets all work together to get x lynched. Pick off  strong players as NK, try and leave inexperienced and impressionable townies. no reason to bus.

it's unfuriating to me who would rather win spectacularly or die trying than play not to lose like smash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CTM said:

I'm assuming Just End me =  just end the suffering. ALso notice Just End the suffering was an early smash day 2 voter

Notice also a logical and experienced player in stark making a very illogical decision and vote to holster with shaky rationale. That and him generally being lukewarm on every position this game triggered a deeper look. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm assuming Just End me =  just end the suffering. ALso notice Just End the suffering was an early smash day 2 voter. I'd move him to town lean

Boozer voting Spoot (assuming scum flip) probably a good sign too.

**** I don’t wanna go back thru everything to do VCA but I know I’m not gonna be able to help myself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CTM said:

I've been scum with smash, it's very basic strat. lets all work together to get x lynched. Pick off  strong players as NK, try and leave inexperienced and impressionable townies. no reason to bus.

it's unfuriating to me who would rather win spectacularly or die trying than play not to lose like smash

Consequently being your scum teammate is the scariest thing in the world. 

although one game where you thought crusher went rogue on you was hilarious. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Off the top of my head siding with Smash in the first major argument of the game. JiF naming you and Smash then turning up dead in the night. Voting to holster Night 1 when it looked like Smash was about to get got.

All circumstantial.

1. My wanting to holster had nothing to do with siding with Smash, and everything with preserving the life of a Townie. I didn't think vetting Verb's ability to shoot was worth the potential price to Town that early. I stand by that logic, and I'd do it again.

2. Here is the final vote count, I believe:

On 2/10/2020 at 11:04 AM, GATA said:

Ppl wanting a shot: brick, me , boozer, kdel, ID, JVOR, jvill, J.E.T.S, verb (9)

holster (7)

Verbals Shot:

Verbal (1) Brickhouse

Spoot (2) GATA, Boozer

GATA (2) kdels62, ID 

Smash (3) JOVR, jvill51, Just End Me

Holster (7) Smash,Drums, Beaver, Spoot, Crusher, BUM-KNEE, Stark

Not Participating (1) Ape

Majority gets Shot. I guess we should bold our votes just like a real vote.

The Moderator does not approve this message. 

  Notice how I'm not the only one who wanted to holster; including the player (Crusher) who's replacement is now pushing this case against me that you're buying? Is everyone on that holster list Scum? What about the 5 other people who wanted to shoot, but weren't voting to shoot Smash?

3. Yeah, JiF named me, but clearly it was Smash who wanted him dead. It's now also convenient to push that narrative because it sets me up as looking guilty.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GATA said:

You know who else voted holster spooootttttt

And you literally thought I was scummy and was acting like I knew more than Town because you don't know how to process percentages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CTM said:

it was dumb and anti town. Crusher hasn't had animal fat in 45 days, give the dude a break

Fine, you can call me dumb, stupid, noobish, or whatever for it. I can accept that. But I don't like be called scum for something that I 100% BELIEVED was the right call for Town.

GFY

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm assuming Just End me =  just end the suffering. ALso notice Just End the suffering was an early smash day 2 voter. I'd move him to town lean

It's so fascinating to me that you're trying to make anyone on the early Smash train look good, because that's EXACTLY where I'd look at for Scum.

Scum knew that Smash was in Town's sights for Day 2, and ALSO knew that he was lynchproof. So, when he's run up, Scum get an extra NK, and anyone on that early train gets Town-cred. Really smart play.

But I see through it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's so fascinating to me that you're trying to make anyone on the early Smash train look good, because that's EXACTLY where I'd look at for Scum.

Scum knew that Smash was in Town's sights for Day 2, and ALSO knew that he was lynchproof. So, when he's run up, Scum get an extra NK, and anyone on that early train gets Town-cred. Really smart play.

But I see through it.

fair, but

early smash train where also shoot smash at night voters, JETS and jvor. that is the worst case scenario for scum

They weren't looking to use smash's ability on day 2 i promise. that's a killer role at end game.

+ as i keep saying, smash is very very anti bus. Unless he's done a complete 180 since he last played I think his team was playing by the books up till today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And you literally thought I was scummy and was acting like I knew more than Town because you don't know how to process percentages.

Que ? Lol go back to everytime I said you knew more than you let off . 
You came into night phase like ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going to vote holster even though at that point towns consensus was mostly shoot. You said I wanted to be pro shooting but I won't do it. % wise we still held a high majority. Even Doc wanted to shoot. you also conveniently placed yourself at the end of CTMs original train. 

Then , You vote me omgus lol

 all you've done against me there on after is throw Jabs trying to undermine what I say like thats going to create a better case for you. I haven't done anything antitown I wanted us to shoot to get more info. I want more players to speak because there's absolutely no reason to let ppl scapegoat off of a few ppl playing. The fact we wasted so much time only focusing on CTm and smash. 
I offered to get shot if it meant protecting a PR. Like I told you stop spinning reality to fit your narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CTM said:

early smash train where also shoot smash at night voters, JETS and jvor. that is the worst case scenario for scum

Fair point for them. Doesn't help you, though.

 

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

+ as i keep saying, smash is very very anti bus. Unless he's done a complete 180 since he last played I think his team was playing by the books up till today

I have to take your word for this, because I don't know what playing Scum with him is like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

All circumstantial.

1. My wanting to holster had nothing to do with siding with Smash, and everything with preserving the life of a Townie. I didn't think vetting Verb's ability to shoot was worth the potential price to Town that early. I stand by that logic, and I'd do it again.

2. Here is the final vote count, I believe:

  Notice how I'm not the only one who wanted to holster; including the player (Crusher) who's replacement is now pushing this case against me that you're buying? Is everyone on that holster list Scum? What about the 5 other people who wanted to shoot, but weren't voting to shoot Smash?

3. Yeah, JiF named me, but clearly it was Smash who wanted him dead. It's now also convenient to push that narrative because it sets me up as looking guilty.

 

1. It wasn't so much the vote itself, but the timing of it. If I remember correctly it was a big swing vote, I'll go back and look again.

2. Same as 1.

3. Fair, and I said earlier that the night kill of JiF could have been to set you up.

As for it being all circumstantial, pretty much all the evidence in this game is circumstantial until someone dies. I mean what else are we supposed to go on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GATA said:

Que ? Lol go back to everytime I said you knew more than you let off . 

You said it once, IIRC. In response to me saying it's more likely than not that Verb's shot hits a Townie, and you were like "how do you know that"? lmao

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

You came into night phase like ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going to vote holster even though at that point towns consensus was mostly shoot.

I clearly gave my reasons (several times now in this game) why I thought that was the best move for Town. You simply disagree. Doesn't make me scummy.

 

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

You said I wanted to be pro shooting but I won't do it.

I admit I kinda had tunnel-vision on you at that point, because it seemed like we disagreed on literally everything, and I have a bad habit of getting annoyed at that and automatically seeing that as scummy.

 

7 minutes ago, GATA said:

Even Doc wanted to shoot

Ummmm. What?

 

7 minutes ago, GATA said:

you also conveniently placed yourself at the end of CTMs original train. 

Twice now, I've given my case for why I voted CTM. It was the best choice I could make at the time. If I was Scum, I easily could've not voted and with the majority lynch, he probably would've been lynched anyway. I voted, because I sincerely thought it was best for Town. Nothing convenient about that.

 

10 minutes ago, GATA said:

Then , You vote me omgus lol

Yeah, maybe. It was either vote you, or strangle you at that point.

 

10 minutes ago, GATA said:

all you've done against me there on after is throw Jabs trying to undermine what I say like thats going to create a better case for you. I haven't done anything antitown I wanted us to shoot to get more info. I want more players to speak because there's absolutely no reason to let ppl scapegoat off of a few ppl playing. The fact we wasted so much time only focusing on CTm and smash. 
I offered to get shot if it meant protecting a PR. Like I told you stop spinning reality to fit your narrative.

Again, I admit I might've tunneled on you too hard. That's only because you seemed to go out of your way to disagree with me at every turn, and make nonsensical arguments to sus me for it. I got frustrated. FWIW, I'm warming up to the idea that this is your Town game. Almost unreadable at times, but sincere.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

It wasn't so much the vote itself, but the timing of it. If I remember correctly it was a big swing vote, I'll go back and look again.

I just looked back at when it was. That was actually my first post of the day, and I had woken up not long before. The timing wasn't calculated on my part, it was just when I first became available.

 

15 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

As for it being all circumstantial, pretty much all the evidence in this game is circumstantial until someone dies. I mean what else are we supposed to go on?

Fair, but pushing circumstantial evidence can be dangerous. A lot of Townies can/and are lynched off of circumstantial evidence. And, as the game dwindles down, you'll often find that the cleanest players are often the dirtiest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voting holster to save a random townie made sense to me (and a random townie ended up dying), but I still think Crusher was scum and CTM is now.  Crusher started the CTM train day 1 and I have no meta on CTM but it feels you are overcompensating just a bit. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 5:42 PM, Smashmouth said:

@The Crusher by taking your vote off holster you are putting me at risk since now the vote is 4-3

 

On 2/8/2020 at 5:49 PM, The Crusher said:

Unvote JVOR vote holster 

This would be the only reason i'd look at CTM 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GATA said:

 

This would be the only reason i'd look at CTM 

This was too weird to write off

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Drums said:

Voting holster to save a random townie made sense to me (and a random townie ended up dying), but I still think Crusher was scum and CTM is now.  Crusher started the CTM train day 1 and I have no meta on CTM but it feels you are overcompensating just a bit. 

I was pretty invested in getting smash lynched. Now that we've accomplished that I'm not likely to get that invested again.  I'm delicious VT and fine dying for crushers sins.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GATA said:

This would be the only reason i'd look at CTM 

58 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

This was too weird to write off

I agree with JVOR about this. There are better places to look/move in than one of the main pushers of a scum lynch. If CTM is still alive at end game then you lynch him just to be safe.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTM said:

I was pretty invested in getting smash lynched. Now that we've accomplished that I'm not likely to get that invested again.  I'm delicious VT and fine dying for crushers sins.

All that above said, don't start to fall off now. It's only going to feed that narrative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A.J. said:

I agree with JVOR about this. There are better places to look/move in than one of the main pushers of a scum lynch. If CTM is still alive at end game then you lynch him just to be safe.

That’s just good policy

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Drums said:

Voting holster to save a random townie made sense to me (and a random townie ended up dying), but I still think Crusher was scum and CTM is now.  Crusher started the CTM train day 1 and I have no meta on CTM but it feels you are overcompensating just a bit. 

But now that we see what role smash had, mafia clearly dug in and wanted to avoid getting smash shot. That’s complete worst case scenario for him.

Part of the reason why Spoot is so high on my list is to me he got oddly passionate about holstering and saying weird things like “but you might reveal a pr” and “i don’t care about the math”. It’s a little too much for someone who theoretically shouldn’t have been invested in smash getting shot. 

But more than that his play just does not add up consistently. If he was so convinced I was actually scum night one, why not one peep about me on day two? He went passively into a smash vote when  there was barely any rationale that made sense as to why he’d do that. 

Even right now, he’s jumping from candidate to candidate... and surprise surprise it’s literally everyone that is vocal about his play being scummy. Myself, Gata, and CTM. There are times when townie tunnels in on the ones voting them,  but the way this is happening feels to opportunistic to me. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A.J. said:

All that above said, don't start to fall off now. It's only going to feed that narrative

I play primarily for laughs, I spent most of day 1 seeing if I could get noobs to lynch a mod confirmed townie. That failed terribly but had I succeeded it might of been a mafia first :D

We've been playing here a long time but the last few years have been hit or miss, a good rookie class is important to the future viability of JN mafia. So if I could help make that more likely by  helping keep the game active and sh*t posting a bit it seemed like a good investment.

When I saw Smashs bungled reveal, who was already my #1 suspect ,  and saw verbal leave him alive and the town not speed lynching him the next day (jc was the vote leader). I was chomping at the bit to get him lynched from the sideline, so when I got put back it was natural to go 110% after smash and make a spectacle. Smash played along nicely.

From here on out no spectacle. Spoot or stark, jc,  I think pdxgreen looks good as noob add on and will play and vote those ways. So I'm not giving up, but this should be more mechanical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...