Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Why aren't you playing with us?

Note to newbies: Non-players are allowed to post in the game thread, but only if making jokes. They can't--and won't--comment on actual gameplay. Early game is more relaxed, and you'll see less of this as the game goes on. The same can be said of dead players. You can still be present and joke after you're dead, but you should avoid commenting on gameplay. Something we we're also discussing in last game is that once you are dead, you should even refrain from upvoting (or downvoting) posts, UNLESS it is purely reacting to a joke. For example, don't upvote someone's reads list that you agree with. Again, as with non-players, the more the game ramps up, the less dead players will be joking around in thread. It's not forbidden, per say, but just "read the room" before you do so, and doing it too much may be distracting.

@Jetsfan80 I actually recommend you type this^^ out and put it in one of your initial posts so that it doesn't get lost.

Done!  Put it in the rules as an "addendum".  

Good call, thanks!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Drums said:

My job will make it hard to post during the morning/early afternoon. Biggest questions I have so far are: 

What is "The Lounge"? 

And who is this Verbal guy?

You can post at night just make sure you read back and see if anything someone says jumps at you like a lie or they’re misrespresenting something 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I feel like i should probably play, but don't expect much other than stupid jokes and everyone to expect me to play the same way i did before i had kids and a corporate job lol

The personality disorders havent gone away and you'll be aping by day 2

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I feel like i should probably play, but don't expect much other than stupid jokes and everyone to expect me to play the same way i did before i had kids and a corporate job lol

People will drop ouT, you will play, you will reinvent yourself, nothing will change, it will be glorious 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Drums said:

My job will make it hard to post during the morning/early afternoon. Biggest questions I have so far are: 

What is "The Lounge"? 

And who is this Verbal guy?

1. The Lounge is the place where you go to talk when you can't stand the Jets.

2. If you have a gun, Verbal is the guy you're supposed to shoot first.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

1. The Lounge is the place where you go to talk when you can't stand the Jets.

2. If you have a gun, Verbal is the guy you're supposed to shoot first.

I thought the Jets Forum was where you went when you couldn't stand the Jets. No wonder I haven't been in the Lounge in a while. 

By the way you (I think) described Verbal in one of the opening pages, he sounds like the Lounge's T0m Shane

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JiF said:

It's the county of the city.  I've been in the city for 12 years and it started gaining steam around that time.  2-3 years later and it was the tagline of the city.  Everyone says it at their concerts and stuff.  Celine Dion even did it at her recent show. 

Thanks, it’s cool.  Definitely different than the usual chant.

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

I thought the Jets Forum was where you went when you couldn't stand the Jets. No wonder I haven't been in the Lounge in a while. 

By the way you (I think) described Verbal in one of the opening pages, he sounds like the Lounge's T0m Shane

Oh, you'll do well here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1