Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

The endless night dragged on forever.  

"Bro, do you think they'll kill anyone tonight?"

"I don't know dude, maybe we got off scot-free this time?  It's already 6 AM."

"Radical!"

Then the Ninja Turtles noticed one of the slices of pizza in their box was missing.

"Hmm.  That's weird.  Weren't there 4 leftover slices left?  There's only 3 now?"

"Do....do you think they took it?"

"Maybe, but why would they want to kill a slice of pizza?  That's weird."

CTM, a Slice of Pizza (Vanilla Town) is dead.

neca-tmnt-mikey-1990-movie-figure-previe

• Upvote 1

Updated player list:

1.  CTM:  Charles Pennington (Vanilla Town)  Lynched D1

2.  Crusher --> Replaced by CTM:  Slice of Pizza (Vanilla Town) killed N3

3.  Brick --> Replaced by @A.J.

4.  @Stark

5.  @GATA

6.  @Spoot-Face

7.  SR24 --> Replaced by @Jets Voice of Reason

8.  @Drums

9.  @JustEndTheSuffering

10.  Verbal:  Casey Jones (1x Vig)  Killed N2

11.  @BUM-KNEE

12.  @jvill 51

13.  @pdxgreen

14.  kdels62:  Leonardo (Vanilla Town)  Killed N1

15.  JiF:  Raphael (Vanilla Town)  Killed N1

16.  @32EBoozer

17.  @Beaver

18. Smashmouth:  Shredder (Scum 1x Unlynchable)  Lynched D3

19. @Jetscode1

20. @ID.

21.  Ape --> Replaced by @Nolder:  Mod-confirmed Vanilla Town (Hamato Yoshi, Splinter's trainer)

59 minutes ago, Stark said:

I was wrong. Also how is crusher just a slice of pizza and not a whole damn pizza.

seriously though I misread crush/CTM I fully expect to get some kind of voting push 

if I have time this weekend I am going to re-read with fresh thoughts. 

@CTM my bad 

Look forward to seeing where you land now

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Good to see you here AJ.  You know I avoid night chatter for the most part.  Who you like for scum?

Likewise. I’m still trying to figure that out. There are good cases for Spoot and Stark I think. Trying to get the newbies chirping more so I can get a bead on some of them

How about you?  can I rule you out?

8 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Likewise. I’m still trying to figure that out. There are good cases for Spoot and Stark I think. Trying to get the newbies chirping more so I can get a bead on some of them

How about you?  can I rule you out?

I am town.  Still learning to navigate the large field.  Can I rule you out?

20 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Now that both Smash and the scary bussing narrative can be put to bed I think it’s good time to let the newer players come out and share their thoughts a little more. We’re deep enough into the game where hopefully you’re getting the hang of it

sorry if I forget anyone

@jvill 51@BUM-KNEE@pdxgreen@Drums@Just Endure The Suffering@ID.@Beaver

I think we've probably got two vets and two newbies as scum. I think its likely one of the vets has been bussing, and the other has been trying to defend his scummates. Since I'm leaning heavily towards Spoot as the one scum defending his fellow scum this list follows based off that. If Spoot flips town it would change but I'm pretty confident he's dirty rotten scum. (Note the list within the groupings isn't necessarily in order.

Scum Senses Tingling Heavy:

1. Spoot - I've explained why before. Pivotal vote that ensured CTM's demise Day 1. Big swing vote to try and keep a semi-unlynchable Smash from getting a bullet between the eyes on Night 1. JiF pointing his way from the outset, JiF ending up dead Night 1. CTM pointing his way, CTM gets a bullet Night 3. Either he's Forrest Gump showing up at pivotal moments through sheer happenstance or he's scum. I'd feel pretty damn confident betting on scum. I don't see myself voting anywhere else today.

Scum Senses Tingling Medium:

JVOR - his thoughts have mostly aligned with mine. He was all in to shoot Smash night 1, all in to lynch Smash thereafter, and right there in agreement that Spoot is the most likely candidate today. But I thought that if someone was bussing, and its likely that someone is, it was CTM, and they killed him off last night. He's the next man up in that regard and I think scum would be able to sneak him into the end of the game his voting records been so good. 

AJ - Had you firmly pegged as town, but as CTM said, almost so town that I'm suspicious. And there's not a lot to go off of with you unfortunately since you took over pretty recently and your predecessor didn't leave much of a track record. Would be easy for you to slide right in as the helpful townie with Smash already on the verge of lynch with or without your vote.

Scum Senses Tingling Light:

Stark - If Spoot flips town I think he goes to the top of the list. If Spoot flips scum he might drop. Need to see how it plays out though.

Newbies:

Really don't have a firm read on any of them. Need more info/deaths/posts. I remember thinking I'd put Booz at the bottom of the list of suspected newbies but can't remember why.

Town Senses Tingling Heavy:

JC - I get the inactivity arguments but I feel like scum have been trying to throw him under the bus and cast suspicion on him solely for that reason from the very beginning of the game. Nothing he's actually done has struck me as anti-town, and I believe he said going as far back as the sign-up for this game that he'd likely be limited in his ability to post. A convenient target to throw out whenever heat gets too heavy on scum.

GATA - I've been back and forth on her from the beginning of the game, but she's struck me as town recently. Even if I haven't always agreed with her I get where she's been coming from. Was all aboard the shoot train Night 1, was willing to take the bullet herself, and doesn't seem to be trying too hard to appear too pro-town so I don't think she's bussing. That could just be because she is incapable of replicating human emotions though.

Confirmed Town:

Nolder

Jvill

• Post of the Week 1

In general, i have aj and jvill as lean town, spoot and stark heavy scum reads, And gata slight town lean but not as strong as the two i mentioned above. 

everyone else is mostly neutral or null to me still. JC i don’t think i’ve seen enough meta or in-game indicators to make a firm sense one way or the other. I think Spoot going after him and Gata harder than others helps but obviously i need to see how Spoot flips first. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

I think we've probably got two vets and two newbies as scum. I think its likely one of the vets has been bussing, and the other has been trying to defend his scummates. Since I'm leaning heavily towards Spoot as the one scum defending his fellow scum this list follows based off that. If Spoot flips town it would change but I'm pretty confident he's dirty rotten scum. (Note the list within the groupings isn't necessarily in order.

Scum Senses Tingling Heavy:

1. Spoot - I've explained why before. Pivotal vote that ensured CTM's demise Day 1. Big swing vote to try and keep a semi-unlynchable Smash from getting a bullet between the eyes on Night 1. JiF pointing his way from the outset, JiF ending up dead Night 1. CTM pointing his way, CTM gets a bullet Night 3. Either he's Forrest Gump showing up at pivotal moments through sheer happenstance or he's scum. I'd feel pretty damn confident betting on scum. I don't see myself voting anywhere else today.

Scum Senses Tingling Medium:

JVOR - his thoughts have mostly aligned with mine. He was all in to shoot Smash night 1, all in to lynch Smash thereafter, and right there in agreement that Spoot is the most likely candidate today. But I thought that if someone was bussing, and its likely that someone is, it was CTM, and they killed him off last night. He's the next man up in that regard and I think scum would be able to sneak him into the end of the game his voting records been so good. 

AJ - Had you firmly pegged as town, but as CTM said, almost so town that I'm suspicious. And there's not a lot to go off of with you unfortunately since you took over pretty recently and your predecessor didn't leave much of a track record. Would be easy for you to slide right in as the helpful townie with Smash already on the verge of lynch with or without your vote.

Scum Senses Tingling Light:

Stark - If Spoot flips town I think he goes to the top of the list. If Spoot flips scum he might drop. Need to see how it plays out though.

Newbies:

Really don't have a firm read on any of them. Need more info/deaths/posts. I remember thinking I'd put Booz at the bottom of the list of suspected newbies but can't remember why.

Town Senses Tingling Heavy:

JC - I get the inactivity arguments but I feel like scum have been trying to throw him under the bus and cast suspicion on him solely for that reason from the very beginning of the game. Nothing he's actually done has struck me as anti-town, and I believe he said going as far back as the sign-up for this game that he'd likely be limited in his ability to post. A convenient target to throw out whenever heat gets too heavy on scum.

GATA - I've been back and forth on her from the beginning of the game, but she's struck me as town recently. Even if I haven't always agreed with her I get where she's been coming from. Was all aboard the shoot train Night 1, was willing to take the bullet herself, and doesn't seem to be trying too hard to appear too pro-town so I don't think she's bussing. That could just be because she is incapable of replicating human emotions though.

Confirmed Town:

Nolder

Jvill

I didn’t expect CTM to be the NK. With all the talk about him bussing in the thread I figured scum would want to keep pushing that so they’d kill someone else. Still scratching my head on that even if there was some pushback

I can see the case on Spoot. He’s definitely on the table today

JVOR I have as town. I get the paranoia but unless his mission from the start was to bus a teammate, he was pivotal in getting Smash strung up twice. Same vein as CTM: the simple answer is that he isn’t on the same team as Smash and I think he’ll be dead before I have to reconsider anyway.

About me I’ll just say ignore the game theory/mechanical discussions as alignment indicative and focus on what I say about other players. I think everything I’ve said about Mafia as a game in general is true and also advice I would give to new players as either alignment. 

Stark’s posts didn’t bother me much before today with his “observation”. Can’t ignore the dynamic between him and Crusher/CTM. I’ll wait and see what he comes back with.

Of the newbies I have you ranked highest. BumKnee seems invested and thinking things thru. I have liked Drums involvement. Beaver also to an extent. I was beginning to suspect him a little but his post today making a bunch of pairs is a pretty unique thought process imo so if he’s scum and faked that I’m impressed. Others need to post more before I can make a better call. Hopefully we can get a lot of discussion from this group this phase

JC I would like to see more of. His D2 was better. I think I can spot Town!JC most of the time but I’m not there yet from what I’ve seen this game. I get your points though. If Spoot is guilty then this looks good for JC. Same can be said about GATA. I’m assuming maybe that’s how you got to these two reads?

also are you on Pacific time? Just curious. Me and @Nolder are usually the only ones I come across.

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

In general, i have aj and jvill as lean town, spoot and stark heavy scum reads, And gata slight town lean but not as strong as the two i mentioned above. 

everyone else is mostly neutral or null to me still. JC i don’t think i’ve seen enough meta or in-game indicators to make a firm sense one way or the other. I think Spoot going after him and Gata harder than others helps but obviously i need to see how Spoot flips first. 

This is close to where I am but way less wordy lol

30 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I didn’t expect CTM to be the NK. With all the talk about him bussing in the thread I figured scum would want to keep pushing that so they’d kill someone else. Still scratching my head on that even if there was some pushback

I can see the case on Spoot. He’s definitely on the table today

JVOR I have as town. I get the paranoia but unless his mission from the start was to bus a teammate, he was pivotal in getting Smash strung up twice. Same vein as CTM: the simple answer is that he isn’t on the same team as Smash and I think he’ll be dead before I have to reconsider anyway.

About me I’ll just say ignore the game theory/mechanical discussions as alignment indicative and focus on what I say about other players. I think everything I’ve said about Mafia as a game in general is true and also advice I would give to new players as either alignment. 

Stark’s posts didn’t bother me much before today with his “observation”. Can’t ignore the dynamic between him and Crusher/CTM. I’ll wait and see what he comes back with.

Of the newbies I have you ranked highest. BumKnee seems invested and thinking things thru. I have liked Drums involvement. Beaver also to an extent. I was beginning to suspect him a little but his post today making a bunch of pairs is a pretty unique thought process imo so if he’s scum and faked that I’m impressed. Others need to post more before I can make a better call. Hopefully we can get a lot of discussion from this group this phase

JC I would like to see more of. His D2 was better. I think I can spot Town!JC most of the time but I’m not there yet from what I’ve seen this game. I get your points though. If Spoot is guilty then this looks good for JC. Same can be said about GATA. I’m assuming maybe that’s how you got to these two reads?

also are you on Pacific time? Just curious. Me and @Nolder are usually the only ones I come across.

Yeah I don’t get the CTM night kill. He was the only other possibility on the table for me today, and was drawing a lot of attention. Figure scum would want to keep him around.

You and JVOR I would have as town and you’re probably right that’s it’s partially paranoia driven and trying to avoid confirmation bias. I’ve pretty much agreed with both of you so far and you wouldn’t be lynch options for me at this point. Depending on what happens with Spoot will alter this.

Stark I need to a deeper dive on.

All of the newbies have seemed like town to me, trying to figure out the game. I doubt that’s actually the case, gun to my head I’d say the quieter ones but it would be a shot in the dark.

Yes the reads on GATA and JC are based off of my read on Spoot. I think Smash was a big domino to fall information wise, whether he was town or scum. Spoot I think is the next one and whether he flips town or scum will give us the most clarity going forward. I don’t see that with anybody else, plus I think he’s the most scummy right now, so in terms of both game theory and general scuminess he’s the obvious choice for me today.

And nope not pacific time, just stuck on puppy duty cause the wife has work this weekend.

I like the analysis so far.   I’m on my iPad right now, so I’m not going to write a lengthy post saying my thoughts, that will be later today.    Like everything I’m still trying to figure out everyone.   I will say, as I have said throughout the game, the quiet noobies ping for me.   I also  agree that the spoot/Gata team are my next suspicion.

10 hours ago, A.J. said:

Now that both Smash and the scary bussing narrative can be put to bed I think it’s good time to let the newer players come out and share their thoughts a little more. We’re deep enough into the game where hopefully you’re getting the hang of it

sorry if I forget anyone

@jvill 51@BUM-KNEE@pdxgreen@Drums@Just Endure The Suffering@ID.@Beaver

Well I'm leery of everybody at this point, it's basicly a restart for me.

The only Town "reads" I have right now is Drums, Stark, Beaver and Spoot.

Honestly this weekend won't be great for having spare time to be on here figuring stuff out. But I will try to make time.