Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

6 minutes ago, A.J. said:

This keeps coming up a lot this game. What you’re talking about does happen in games, I won’t say it’s rare or anything. It’s more player dependent in my experience and there are some situations where throwing a teammate under the bus is the best play.

All that said, scum can only win if they have equal or greater numbers to Town. Actively campaigning to kill your teammates goes directly against that win condition.

I think you are probably right, but at the same time I think it could help the final two survive 'till the end if it worked correctly. 

5 minutes ago, A.J. said:

In order for GATA/JVOR to be Mafia, it would mean they both railroaded two PRs on their team - which should be about half the members - in a 21 person game.

Does that sound like a winning strategy for scum?

True but I'm not ready to forget about them. 

12 minutes ago, A.J. said:

In order for GATA/JVOR to be Mafia, it would mean they both railroaded two PRs on their team - which should be about half the members - in a 21 person game.

And it seems like basically everyone voted for Spoot and Smash so it is hard to say this definitely means they aren't scum. Some didn't vote on day four, like myself, because I thought I had some time to get back on here and read before it happened. Beaver voted Holster and consistently voted PDXGreen so he is someone that would go with what you are saying. 

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Day 4 Vote Count

• Spoot (6) - JVOR, jvill 51, GATA, Nolder, JustEndTheSuffering, pdxgreen
  • pdxgreen (3) - A.J., JC, Beaver
  • JC (1) - Spoot

Not Voting (5) - 32EBoozer, Stark, Drums, BUM-KNEE, ID.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.  

Spoot goes the way of the Joe Biden campaign!!! Dead and buried!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Normally I would say no. In a game this size? Maybe.

I would suspect it from JVOR before Gata.

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

And it seems like basically everyone voted for Spoot and Smash so it is hard to say this definitely means they aren't scum. Some didn't vote on day four, like myself, because I thought I had some time to get back on here and read before it happened. Beaver voted Holster and consistently voted PDXGreen so he is someone that would go with what you are saying. 

That’s where nuance comes into play. There is a difference in just voting a player and pushing a player. Votes in a vacuum aren’t as telling without context. The important information in games is learned when someone dies and you find out who they were because you can go back and see how other players interacted with the dead person.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Normally I would say no. In a game this size? Maybe.

I would suspect it from JVOR before Gata.

That would make for one hell of an uphill battle.

JVOR definitely has chops and I believe he’s probably very good as scum but Occam’s Razor at this point if you ask me

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I think you are probably right, but at the same time I think it could help the final two survive 'till the end if it worked correctly. 

So you are pushing a two vet buss situation even tho CTM actively mentioned how that’s not Smash’s play style and he’s dead . K 

2 hours ago, Drums said:

I am still leaning towards 1-2 vets and maybe one newbie for scum.

Suspected vets: GATA and JVOR. JVOR pinged early because of how fast he jumped in. GATA pushed so hard for a shot and the way she's been questioning and then not even responding makes me feel it is fake--just for show. They are oddly on the same page in almost every vote as well which I find a little weird.

Not sure how of the new players yet. 

just like say who’s in your scum team 

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

That would make for one hell of an uphill battle.

JVOR definitely has chops and I believe he’s probably very good as scum but Occam’s Razor at this point if you ask me

I agree with you I'm just providing my insight fwiw.

And I wouldn't count Gata out if she is scum but that hard bussing isn't really her style and I'd be surprised if she mixed it up.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I think of the newbies bumknee and drums are more likely, but i don’t feel like i have a ton to go by unfortunately. 

id and boozer i just have null/neutral reads still. Need to see more imo. 

beaver feels like a wildcard. 

charlie day wildcard GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, GATA said:

So you are pushing a two vet buss situation even tho CTM actively mentioned how that’s not Smash’s play style and he’s dead . K 

I'm not really pushing anything but you seem to be pushing me, which will be interesting if I ever get lynched. Won't make you look good, that's for sure. 

10 minutes ago, Drums said:

I'm not really pushing anything but you seem to be pushing me, which will be interesting if I ever get lynched. Won't make you look good, that's for sure. 

Fear mongering isn’t a good way to push me out of looking at you as a suspect. 

you want to be protown; direct town on who to look at with clues like voting patterns, hiding, etc 

but if I believe you’re pushing a false case I will call you out on it because chances are you’re being directed

21 minutes ago, GATA said:

Fear mongering isn’t a good way to push me out of looking at you as a suspect. 

you want to be protown; direct town on who to look at with clues like voting patterns, hiding, etc 

but if I believe you’re pushing a false case I will call you out on it because chances are you’re being directed

You're probably right, however this is my first time playing and I have no idea what I am doing. No one is obvious at this point to me so I have to start going off of the little I have.  Lynch me and you'll see but it'll be a mistake. 

However you seem to say a lot without saying anything. 

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

You're probably right, however this is my first time playing and I have no idea what I am doing. No one is obvious at this point to me so I have to start going off of the little I have.  Lynch me and you'll see but it'll be a mistake. 

However you seem to say a lot without saying anything. 

Ok like what ?

On 2/7/2020 at 3:00 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Time's up!  

Day 1 FINAL Vote Count

• CTM (8)- JustEndTheSuffering, Drums, GATA, pdxgreen, Beaver, Spoot, Crusher, kdels62
  • Crusher (4) - Stark, Brick (AJ), JVOR, CTM
  • Verbal (4) - ID., BUM-KNEE, JC, jvill 51
  • Smash (2) -  JiF, Verbal
  • JustEndTheSuffering (1) - Ape
  • JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (1) - 32EBoozer

With 21 players alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.  

First Lynch 

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, Smashmouth said:

Verbals Shot:

Verbal (1) Brickhouse

Spoot (2) GATA, Boozer

GATA (2) kdels62, ID 

Smash (3) JOVR, jvill51, Just End Me

Holster (7) Smash,Drums, Beaver, Spoot, Crusher, BUM-KNEE, Stark

Not Participating (1) Ape

Majority gets Shot. I guess we should bold our votes just like a real vote.

The Moderator does not approve this message. :)

**** Him

J.E.T.S looks good, Jvill & Boozer good looks here. 

Final HOLSTER 

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/13/2020 at 8:51 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

*** FINAL Day 2 Vote Count ***

• Smash (10)- JVOR, JustEndTheSuffering, CTM, Nolder(APE), Drums, jvill 51, Spoot, GATA, Smash, BUM-KNEE
  • CTM (2) - JC, Stark
  • JC (2) - Beaver, pdxgreen
  • Spoot (1) - Verbal

Not Voting (3) - Brick, 32EBoozer, ID.

With 18 players remaining, it takes 10 votes to lynch

Final Lynch D2

• Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

** FINAL Day 4 Vote Count **

• Spoot (8) - JVOR, jvill 51, GATA, Nolder, JustEndTheSuffering, pdxgreen, JC, AJ
  • pdxgreen (1) - Beaver
  • JC (1) - Spoot

Not Voting (5) - 32EBoozer, Stark, Drums, BUM-KNEE, ID.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.  

Final Lynch D4

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, GATA said:

Missing votes  @Stark , @pdxgreen, @ID.

that was the smash speed Lynch.. IIRC day ended either right around when I left the office or after. the next time I looked at game it was already done.

going back now was gone all weekend as you all have clearly pointed out. what happened to weekends were kind "low activity" almost time out

On 2/13/2020 at 5:08 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

After the failed lynching of Smash, chaos reigned.  Fingers were pointed.  Lives were threatened.  And more would continue the next day.

But first, the Turtles had to go to sleep.  They awoke the next day to find a dead body.  A bloodied, broken hockey stick lay next to him.  

Verbal, aka Casey Jones (1x Vig), has been killed.  

340?cb=20151031120404&key=3493fa347d4804

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

that was the smash speed Lynch.. IIRC day ended either right around when I left the office or after. the next time I looked at game it was already done.

going back now was gone all weekend as you all have clearly pointed out. what happened to weekends were kind "low activity" almost time out

yes night ended after I left the office and was away.

20 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I ignored responding to him but i think this was him fishing for info on what role i may possibly have since i’ve been dead on about smash and spoot this game. 

yes you did ignore. I wasn't fishing was a general question. fear of NK when you have been playing a lower key game is weird. Doesn't make you scum but a weird thing to say. and that was before Spoots death and reveal so at that point you were one of the many that had said smash was scum

I think his opinion on Stark is also a dead giveaway. “Eh probably town?” Seems weird to include in a list. 

we also know how suspicious spoot was all game. Reread stark and find any opinion he’s had that was even slightly suspicious of spoot, or smash even. The new people there’s slack to be given, but stark supposedly is experienced and a strong Town player. 

rereading both players there is oddly very light interaction between them as well. 

Yes this is a weird read on me from spoot. My guess is that he could see that his and my name were the top Lynch candidates, as I still am (quotes below) he probably made that remark to do exactly this and put FOS on me even more. 

Can't lie the most I moved on spoot in any of my posted reads went from probably town to neutral.  I don't know if anyone used the "strong town player" to describe me. I have played, I like to play, sometimes I am good and sometimes I am not. its Teh Mafia.

20 hours ago, GATA said:

^^^ @Drums @Beaver @Stark @BUM-KNEEcan we get some feedback on why you guys wanted to holster again 

Another reason why stark is On night one he votes no holster at a pivotal Moment where it was 8 vs 6 to shoot someone saying he felt the whole exercise was pointless. 

and boy was I right... Verbal, as I suspected, wasn't going to go by the poll, hence pointless. 

20 hours ago, A.J. said:

Stark -> pdxgreen -> gg?

There should really only be 2-3 left max.

20 hours ago, A.J. said:

They can’t kill you, me & Jvill all at once.

Stark will swing next.

11 hours ago, A.J. said:

Stark dies before anyone else

I'm town. sh*tty town, but town.

I can understand the wanting to lynch me from some here. 

-------

now that I have addressed the weekend posts I will be going back through today (real life day) and looking back on the game. 

Updated player list:

1.  CTM:  Charles Pennington (Vanilla Town)  Lynched D1

2.  Crusher --> Replaced by CTM:  Slice of Pizza (Vanilla Town) killed N3

3.  Brick --> Replaced by @A.J.

4.  @Stark

5.  @GATA

6.  Spoot, aka Tatsu, Scum 1x Role-Blocker, lynched D4

7.  SR24 --> Replaced by @Jets Voice of Reason

8.  @Drums

9.  @JustEndTheSuffering

10.  Verbal:  Casey Jones (1x Vig)  Killed N2

11.  @BUM-KNEE

12.  jvill 51:  April O'Neil (Town Cop)  Killed N4

13.  @pdxgreen

14.  kdels62:  Leonardo (Vanilla Town)  Killed N1

15.  JiF:  Raphael (Vanilla Town)  Killed N1

16.  @32EBoozer

17.  @Beaver

18. Smashmouth:  Shredder (Scum 1x Unlynchable)  Lynched D3

19. @Jetscode1

20. @ID.

21.  Ape --> Replaced by @Nolder:  Mod-confirmed Vanilla Town (Hamato Yoshi, Splinter's trainer)