Shootout City - Best Way Forward

JetsLife

More I think about it the more I conclude:

We ain't never beating the likes of KC unless we can get in to a legit shootout with them. O.K. Corral style. '86 Jets v Dolphins, 51-45 OT style.

The Jets conversation should begin & end with building the highest-scoring quick strike offense in the league. It can't be done, we can't equal Mahomes and the Legion of Zoom? Perish the thought! Let's go for it. Add offense offense offense, JD & Gase!

Mahomes is the ultimate gunslinger on another level ... but sh-et man, Darnold can sling it well and is good off schedule.

Winning in the playoffs as 6 seeds like the '10 Jets and '19 Titans did - it only got them so far then & now. Close, but not near close enough.

Solidify the o-line, find a Tyreek Hill, Kelce and so on. Easier said than done, but I see it as the best way forward. 

Secondarily: where possible beef up the pass rush.

Then let the offense grab big leads - and blitz like crazy. A bendy, blitz happy defense with the highest scoring quick strike offense in the league ... even if we can't catch KC, sounds like good fun.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

We ain't never beating the likes of KC unless we can get in to a legit shootout with them. O.K. Corral style. '86 Jets v Dolphins, 51-45 OT style.
The Jets conversation should begin & end with building the highest-scoring quick strike offense in the league. It can't be done, we can't equal Mahomes and the Legion of Zoom? Perish the thought! Let's go for it. Add offense offense offense, JD & Gase!
Mahomes is the ultimate gunslinger on another level ... but sh-et man, Darnold can sling it well and is good off schedule.
Winning in the playoffs as 6 seeds like the '10 Jets and '19 Titans did - it only got them so far then & now. Close, but not near close enough.
Solidify the o-line, find a Tyreek Hill, Kelce and so on. Easier said than done, but I see it as the best way forward. 
Then let the offense grab big leads - and blitz like crazy. A bendy, blitz happy defense with the highest scoring quick strike offense in the league ... even if we can't catch KC, sounds like good fun.

Seems so simple

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, JetsLife said:

i'm not so sure about beating kc.  maybe not with the current jets but assuming they build out the oline and get a couple more defensive players they could do it without having a shootout.  the niners pretty much had that game won with about 7 minutes left in the 4th.  shanahan made some head scratcher play calls and kc finally got some hits on garapollo.  on the defensive side they had mahomes pretty much bottled up until the 4th quarter.