BettyBoop

Building The NY Chiefs

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Correct. 

A lot of different formulas have resulted in a SB title. 

Great defense/power running game (e.g. 2000 Ravens), explosive/high flying passing game (1999 Rams), jack of all trades team (most NE titles), etc. 

Let's start by drafting a some really good players at impact positions (OT, OG, WR, OLB, CB) and take it from there. 

I'm just thankful the Niners didn't win this game.  Then we'd be set up for months of "YOU CAN WIN BY RUNNING THE BALL STILL" and disgusting Rex fetish/lust posts.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Sign Conklin 

It's bizarre that anyone thinks that:

1) The Titans will actually let Conklin hit FA

AND 

2) We'd just automatically be able to sign him.  Lots of NFL teams have OL needs AND lots of cap space.

50 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

No, really?  Thanks for stating the obvious.

Wasn't really directing it at you specifically, even though I quoted you.  Lots of posters don't see that being so obvious.  They think we'll just have our pick of Conklin or Anthony Constanzo when March rolls around.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

THE LINE THE LINE THE LINE. Untill it is unquestionable good, we sshould be spending 2 of the top three picks we have on OL.

Trade Adams so we can grab 2-3 new OL in the first three rounds PLUS a couple other pieces.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I’m not sure who thought Goff was a generational talent, but I sure didn’t. Lol

That word gets tossed around too much.  

I wanted Wentz over Goff but at the time would have been thrilled with either.  Doesn't mean they're "generational" talents.  Elway was a generational talent, and this was seen as true the moment he entered the draft. 

Andrew Luck was probably the next one, though of course that didn't work out so well.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, New York Mick said:

So does watching the Jets lose

Those tie in together.  

The Chiefs are miles ahead of the Jets.  It's like they're playing 2 different games.  Yet there are people out there who think we're always like 2 offseasons away from becoming an upper echelon team like that.  

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

totally agree.

we are talking about Elway, Marino, possibly Peyton, Luck, and Mahomes.

(possibly Rogers?) 

But Mahomes is probably as physically gifted as anyone I have ever seen. This doesn’t mean his career will live up to that. 

When I think "generational talent", I think of guys who went "wire to wire".  Guys who were unquestioned # 1 picks AND went on to display incredible gifts.  That excludes Aaron Rodgers in that sense since a lot of teams passed on him.

But if guys can "become" generational talents even when overlooked in the draft, then yes, Marino and Rodgers enters that conversation.

Peyton is a strange one, because he was never anywhere close to as physically gifted as these other guys we're talking about.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

So don't read it.

I'd rather post something snarky in it.  It brings me joy.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company