OT: Knicks fire Mills

4 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Celebrate baby!

https://sportsnaut.com/2020/02/report-knicks-fire-team-president-steve-mills/

It’s been known for some time that Mills was on the chopping block. This move also seems to indicate that the firing of general manager Scott Perry is imminent. Embattled owner James Dolan is once again looking to change direction mid stream.

Mills was brought on by the Knicks back in 2013 to serve as their executive VP and general manager. He was promoted to president once Perry was hired back in 2017.

Since hiring Mills, the Knicks have failed to earn a single playoff appearance. In fact, they have lost 50-plus games each of the past five seasons and currently boast a 15-36 record.

What a failure of an organization. The team that has no vision from ownership, hires any coach and GM with little real knowledge or experience. Oh wait, That's Woody.

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yeah, must be running out of room to store all those Stanley Cups.

Owners and front office guys get you to the dance. It’s up to the players once there. Came close to the Cup three times, players couldn’t score. 

SAR I

4 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I hope they will. Dolan's been trying to get Ujiri here for years. They would have to compensate Toronto if they want him, because he's under contract for another year. That's why I'd trade Morris for a first and send it to Toronto for Ujiri

Is this a good draft coming up? I'm afraid the Knicks will deaft one good player and another Kevin Knox.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

nyr.jpg

I don't follow basketball.  But the Rangers have been making great decisions and great progress the last 11 years under Dolan's ownership.  Even our rebuild is ahead of schedule, we're the youngest team in the NHL and might actually make the playoffs, quite an accomplishment.

Owners don't do much.  Dolan got Glenn Sather and it set us on the positive course the Rangers are on right now.  Dolan got Phil Jackson to take the Knicks back to the playoffs and it destroyed everything.  The credit/blame goes on the team Presidents not the owner, no?  Owner is a rich guy, the Presidents are the ones who are experts and are expected to do the job.

SAR I

Doesn't pratically every team make the playoffs in hockey? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Doesn't pratically every team make the playoffs in hockey? 

Nope.  Not anymore.  Divisional playoff structure makes it very hard, especially for teams in the Metropolitan which is stacked with some of the best teams in the entire league.

SAR I

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nope.  Not anymore.  Divisional playoff structure makes it very hard, especially for teams in the Metropolitan which is stacked with some of the best teams in the entire league.

SAR I

The top 3 teams from each division  make it regardless of record and 2 wildcards based on points. There are 8 teams in each division so 4 teams from two divisions are sent and 3 from the rest. 

You have to be really bad to miss the playoffs.

That said, until recently, my team The Islanders have had that dubious honor all too often. 

Man, this is another pitiful Knicks season. Overpaid for bad vets to compensate for bad drafts....then go out and hire an agent as if this is Kentucky. RJ Barrett looks like a bust. Knox and Frank are busts. Just have to hope the blindly pick a franchise changing talent...assuming they dont trade the picks for Eddy Curry again.

On 2/13/2020 at 5:26 PM, Matt39 said:

Man, this is another pitiful Knicks season. Overpaid for bad vets to compensate for bad drafts....then go out and hire an agent as if this is Kentucky. RJ Barrett looks like a bust. Knox and Frank are busts. Just have to hope the blindly pick a franchise changing talent...assuming they dont trade the picks for Eddy Curry again.

Pretty incredible a 20 year old guy averaging 14 and 5 midway through his rookie year who was the best player in the rising stars challenge can be declared a bust