The Schein Nine - Top 9 teams?

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Josh Allen can't beat a quality defense.  The Jets have a quality defense.

1st sentence:  Fully agreed.

2nd sentence:  Not even close to agreed.  Gregg Williams overachieved with a mediocre unit.  That doesn't make the defense "quality".  

I'm excited about the return of CJ Mosley.  I'm not so excited about facing a tougher schedule and still lacking EDGE and Corners.  Not to mention the impending Jamal Adams situation where we debate the merits of handing him $16M+ a year.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only in a hypothetical world you created where a Week 1 win over Buffalo would also keep the Week 17 result the same.

Had we beaten the Bills in Week 1, they wouldn't have rested their starters in Week 17.

The Jets went 1-1 against the Bills.  Period.

We had the Bills beaten in Week 1, a healthy Sam and CJ and we seal that deal.  As for Week 17, the Bills backups were better than the Jets starters that day.  The Bills weren't a playoff team last year and they won't be a playoff team next year.  Allen is a problem for them.  We knew this coming out of the draft.  He's not the guy.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2nd sentence:  Not even close to agreed.  Gregg Williams overachieved with a mediocre unit.  That doesn't make the defense "quality".  

I'm excited about the return of CJ Mosley.  I'm not so excited about facing a tougher schedule and still lacking EDGE and Corners.  Not to mention the impending Jamal Adams situation where we debate the merits of handing him $16M+ a year.

If we were a Top 10 defense (2 against the run I believe) with all those players beat up and missing time, imagine what Gregg can do with everyone healthy and topped off with a few Joe Douglas gems.

Our D is strong enough to win the AFC East. 

SAR I

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

But we didn't.  

Yes, we did.  That game was over.  By the end of the 3rd quarter Bills fans were leaving and Jets fans were soaking in the sun.  Mosley pulled his groin and the D blew a 16 point lead.  It happens.  Doesn't mean the Bills were the better team and weren't beaten to a pulp.  Just bad luck.

SAR I

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'll go:

1. Chiefs
  2. Seahawks
  3. Ravens
  4. 49ers
  5. Rams
  6. Texans
  7. Packers
  8. Cowboys
  9. Steelers

Bills ought to be in there if not for their QB. 

No idea why the Seahawks are so low on Schein's list.  They were less than a yard away from homefield advantage.  The breaks can easily go their way this season and shoot them to the top of the NFC.  

I don't think the Steelers are completely toast, and they did quite well with trash at QB this past season.

good list, I like the order but would struggle with including the Rams since I think Goff = Trubisky

also think the pats* are included until they get beat (and don't win the AFCE) - seems bbgate is finally over and the viewing public is clearly sick of watching the cheats (highest rated SB in years)

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We had the Bills beaten in Week 1, a healthy Sam and CJ and we seal that deal.  As for Week 17, the Bills backups were better than the Jets starters that day.  The Bills weren't a playoff team last year and they won't be a playoff team next year.  Allen is a problem for them.  We knew this coming out of the draft.  He's not the guy.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes, we did.  That game was over.  By the end of the 3rd quarter Bills fans were leaving and Jets fans were soaking in the sun.  Mosley pulled his groin and the D blew a 16 point lead.  It happens.  Doesn't mean the Bills were the better team and weren't beaten to a pulp.  Just bad luck.

SAR I

brian regan what GIF

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

The Ravens didn’t win a playoff game and they’re second and the Bills? GTFO

Every February the experts forget that 3 AFC playoff berths change hands every year and every year they pick the same teams that made the playoffs the year before.

As sure as I'm standing here, the Bills, Titans, and Patriots aren't going to make it.  Ravens, Chiefs, Texans repeat.  Jets, Raiders, Steelers are welcomed to the tournament.

SAR I

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Jets gotta take somebody’s spot right? 

Certainly.  Bills weren't a real playoff team, their pitiful showings in the last two playoff games they've played demonstrates that.  Allen is a problem for them.  Patriots are teetering on the edge of collapse.  I believe the Jets are the ones who are going to push them right over and we're all going to get the big f-you moment we've been waiting 20 years for.  It's going to be beautiful.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Certainly.  Bills weren't a real playoff team, their pitiful showings in the last two playoff games they've played demonstrates that.  Allen is a problem for them.  Patriots are teetering on the edge of collapse.  I believe the Jets are the ones who are going to push them right over and we're all going to get the big f-you moment we've been waiting 20 years for.  It's going to be beautiful.

SAR I

Huh? No shit?  You got my vote. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Huh? No sh*t?  You got my vote. 

And wait.....there's more:

Darnold
Bell

Herndon
Griffin

Anderson
Watkins
Enunwa
Crowder

Sign Anderson and Watkins and there you go, NY Chiefs.  People forget that we finished 6-2 without playmakers and next year we're getting them back.  We have playmakers on the roster.  They just didn't play.  Gase and Sam could have a lot of fun with that.  And I expect them to.

We already have a Top 10 D and we're a kicker away from having a strong ST.  It's all about the O.  Two WR's and 2 O-Linemen away.  Make it happen Joe D.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Darnold
Bell

Herndon
Griffin

Anderson
Watkins
Enunwa
Crowder

Sign Anderson and Watkins and there you go, NY Chiefs.  People forget that we finished 6-2 without playmakers and next year we're getting them back.  Gase and Sam could have a lot of fun with that.  And I expect them to.

We already have a Top 10 D and we're a kicker away from having a strong ST.  It's all about the O.  Two WR's and 2 O-Linemen away.  Make it happen Joe D.

SAR I

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, crowd, possible text that says 'YA GOTTA BELIEVE'

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

good list, I like the order but would struggle with including the Rams since I think Goff = Trubisky

I'd 100 % rather go to war with Goff over Trubisky.  Last season was his worst season, and it was still better than Trubisky's best season.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sarworld.  The worst theme park on the planet.  Where you have to sign a contract to pay for a full year of parking even if you're visiting just once, with a slight discount if you drive a BMW.  

Eeyore (/ˈiːɔːr/ ( listen) EE-or) is a character in the Winnie-the-Pooh books by A. A. Milne. He is generally characterized as a pessimistic, gloomy, depressed, anhedonic, old grey stuffed donkey.

SAR I

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Eeyore (/ˈiːɔːr/ ( listen) EE-or) is a character in the Winnie-the-Pooh books by A. A. Milne. He is generally characterized as a pessimistic, gloomy, depressed, anhedonic, old grey stuffed donkey.

SAR I

Did you copy this from the WFAN webpage on the short bio of Joe Benigno?

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2020 at 2:28 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Allen can run, so he is always a threat.  Even when he can't throw.  Allen had 20 TDs and 9 INTs.  Sanchez had more passing TDs once in his career and never had less INTs in a season where he played in more than 4 games.  Allen had more rushing yards this season than Sanchez had in his entire career and another 9 rushing TDs. 

No doubt he can run but he is pretty awful as an actual QB. He is in Hackenburgville for accuracy

On 2/4/2020 at 3:42 PM, SAR I said:

Schein is an Upstater who went to Syracuse and has a Bills fetish.  His list is not objective.  The Jets beat the Bills twice this season and are only getting better while the Bills may take steps back.

SAR I

This is a 100% true - not sure why the butt fumbles. He's a Bills fan.

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2020 at 9:07 PM, SAR I said:

Darnold
Bell

Herndon
Griffin

Anderson
Watkins
Enunwa
Crowder

Sign Anderson and Watkins and there you go, NY Chiefs.  People forget that we finished 6-2 without playmakers and next year we're getting them back.  We have playmakers on the roster.  They just didn't play.  Gase and Sam could have a lot of fun with that.  And I expect them to.

SAR I

You are so damn delusional.  That 'glory' offense you quoted was dead last in the league.  Sammy Watkins alone is not going to make them good.

The personnel is top notch, the coach is brilliant and the jets were 32nd in the league on offense.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You are so damn delusional.  That 'glory' offense you quoted was dead last in the league.  Sammy Watkins alone is not going to make them good.

Enunwa and Herndon are major weapons and didn’t play last year. Add Watkins and that’s +3 on the playmaker scale vs. last year.  3 major additions. Quite easy to completely revamp the receiving corps when two are already your property. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The personnel is top notch, the coach is brilliant and the jets were 32nd in the league on offense.

Run the numbers for the last 8 games. Thanks.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1