Jets Rumors

KRL

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He's an inch shorter and 10lbs lighter than Cook.  Which averages out to about .1 lb per inch lighter.  I'd say that's pretty damn close in stature.

He has almost the exact height/weight ratio as Christian McCaffery, Marlon Mack, Philllip Lindsay, Kenyan Drake and others.  I'm not saying he's a prime candidate for every down play in the NFL, but too often people just look at height/weight ratio and say they can't.

Obviously he is not a big, punishing back, but I don't think he's "dimuntive".

Thats the thing, I'm not looking at his height/weight. I'm looking at his playing style and he IS NOT Mack, or McCAffrey or Cook. He does not run between the tackles like any of those guys. Stop arguing with me, you know I'm right. This is insanity. I'm not hating on the guy. I like him as a speedy change of pace RB for the Jets and posted a separate thread about how we should consider him in the later rounds. IN THE DRAFT SECTION. 

Fine, he's not diminutive. Does that make you feel better. He's listed as 5'9, 198. He's not a very big RB and WILL struggle running between the tackles in the NFL. 

26 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Man... if we addressed the line before the draft and were able to dip into the playmaker pool early and often, this offense would take a massive leap

and they would still draft OL, but it wouldn't be an obvious act of desperation that they absolutely had to take an OT at 11 and take at least 1 more OL in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

24 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Thats the thing, I'm not looking at his height/weight. I'm looking at his playing style and he IS NOT Mack, or McCAffrey or Cook. He does not run between the tackles like any of those guys. Stop arguing with me, you know I'm right. This is insanity. I'm not hating on the guy. I like him as a speedy change of pace RB for the Jets and posted a separate thread about how we should consider him in the later rounds. IN THE DRAFT SECTION. 

Fine, he's not diminutive. Does that make you feel better. He's listed as 5'9, 198. He's not a very big RB and WILL struggle running between the tackles in the NFL. 

I think you are arguing with yourself.  I don't care enough to argue with you.

Don't get upset with me you don't know the meaning of diminutive.

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I love Bell, but if we're stuck with Gase he's a wasted asset.  Gase will never evolve unfortunately.

not necessarily true.  if the oline is revamped so that bell can get back to 4.2 yards per carry then he will average about 71 yards per game on 17 carries.  add another 40 or so receiving yards on 4.5 receptions per game and he'd be at 111 yards per game.  it really wouldn't take many more touches to get him close to his steeler production.  also the running plays are a function of if the team is playing from ahead or behind.  when they are behind, they will pass more.  it may also be that bell was getting a bit tired in midseason or maybe banged up.  his season started out and ended strong.  the middle was downright middling.

4 hours ago, KRL said:

If the Jets are going to be "very active" in free agency as Pauline said I hope Douglas plans
to fix the OLine before the draft.  That would free him up to sit at #11 and take the BPA or
be aggressive in moving down and acquiring more picks

If you think our two biggest needs (among many) are OL and WR, it seems a lot more likely to get some significant help at OL in FA than WR.  And so if the draft comes down to a choice between Lamb/Jeudy or an OL we're not thrilled with, it would be nice if we got OL in FA so we can take the WR.

2 minutes ago, thshadow said:

it seems a lot more likely to get some significant help at OL in FA than WR.  

Neither are likely.  Teams don't let good OL walk, generally.  

In this particular season, the WR FA market is trash.  So you're right that OL is more likely than WR.  But we can't rely on free agency for either. 

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Neither are likely.  Teams don't let good OL walk, generally.  

In this particular season, the WR FA market is trash.  So you're right that OL is more likely than WR.  But we can't rely on free agency for either. 

Year 3 Sam Darnold as we speak our OL is in shambles and we do not have a #1 WR. 

7 hours ago, KRL said:

If the Jets are going to be "very active" in free agency as Pauline said I hope Douglas plans
to fix the OLine before the draft.  That would free him up to sit at #11 and take the BPA or

I would hope it's the latter. I am in fear of the jets going defense with the first pick. I could see Isaiah Simmons or even Epeneza and I would HATE both of those picks. 

7 hours ago, KRL said:

BPA also protects his job. 

I've read and heard the NY Jets like K'Lavon Chaisson

Bleacher Report NY Jets biggest needs in 2020 off-season.

New York Jets: Offensive Line

25 OF 32

1f0c7111795f657d0b33c521f528246c_crop_ex
Timothy T Ludwig/Getty Images

Why it's their top need right now

Soon-to-be 31-year-old Kelvin Beachum's contract is up, right tackle Brandon Shell hasn't gotten the job done, and the only somewhat reliable interior option is Brian Winters. This line is dilapidated, and it might become worse soon for the New York Jets.

What they should do

They have the No. 11 overall pick as well as two third-rounders. Some of that capital has to be used on offensive line talent, and they should also try to land a big-name potential free agent like Brandon Scherff or Jack Conklin.

What other needs might emerge

Receivers Robby Anderson and Demaryius Thomas are both slated to become free agents. If they get outbid for Anderson, they'll become desperate for top-end help at wide receiver. The same rule applies to Beachum at the left tackle position in particular.