So who are the best 2nd tier OT's?

Beerfish

On 2/29/2020 at 8:23 AM, freestater said:

If he makes it past 11, I'll sh*t. 

The mock draft from McShay has him going 29th! That is crazy but has to be based on something McShay has heard or sees with him. I don’t know. Having Thomas go in the 20s, let alone 29th, indicates to me someone sees a red flag somewhere.

Maybe there is a picture of him floating around with a gas mask on???

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The mock draft from McShay has him going 29th! That is crazy but has to be based on something McShay has heard or sees with him. I don’t know. Having Thomas go in the 20s, let alone 29th, indicates to me someone sees a red flag somewhere.

Maybe there is a picture of him floating around with a gas mask on???

How did this guy fall so much? Is it just the other Ts testing so well at the combine? Because man, I watched quite a few games and he is just a monster. He's 1a to Wirfs 1b in my book. If he really does end up falling to 11 I will be very sceptical of passing. If he somehow makes it into the mid to late 20s, I'm ready to package our 2 & one of our 3s to move up. 

I'd be very very happy with Jeudy/Lamb and A Thomas from the first couple days. Lol. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

Why is no one discussing Ezra Cleveland?  After the combine, it sure sounds likes he’s being considered as least a Tier 2 OT.

Not really known to be one of those nasty finisher types, play strength on tape doesn't match his combine numbers. All of the sh*t that is wrong with him and be taught/training.... he seems boom or bust. if im going for tier 2 OT and im jets... im looking for ideal size/High IQ 

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2020 at 8:41 AM, freestater said:

How did this guy fall so much? Is it just the other Ts testing so well at the combine? Because man, I watched quite a few games and he is just a monster. He's 1a to Wirfs 1b in my book. If he really does end up falling to 11 I will be very sceptical of passing. If he somehow makes it into the mid to late 20s, I'm ready to package our 2 & one of our 3s to move up. 

I'd be very very happy with Jeudy/Lamb and A Thomas from the first couple days. Lol. 

I think Thomas is still considered one of the top 4 by most analysts. I would ignore where McShay has him going. lol. That's just absurd. To me, Thomas has slipped because of how well some of the other OTs have done at the combine. But let's not forget, he was never a 'perfect' prospect. He is a fantastic run blocking LT. Probably the best run blocking OT in the draft. But when you watch his film, his pass blocking technique needs some work and does not match up to some of the other prospects like Wills. But its nothing he can't clean up at the next level. 

Still, I have him as 1a with Wirfs as 1b followed by Wills, Becton, Niang, Wanogho, Jones, and Austin Jackson as my elite 8. Thomas, Wirfs, and Wills are the only polished plug and play OTs I'd be comfortable penciling in as starters somewhere along the line, they are THAT talented IMO. I'm really praying someone bites on Becton early and let's a guy like Thomas or Wills slip to us.   

• Upvote 2

On 2/20/2020 at 2:11 PM, jetstream23 said:

I may be one of the few who wouldn't have a problem waiting on OT until Round 2 if the Jets use the #11 on an elite WR like Jerry Jeudy.  BUT, I get the feeling the Jets may have to maneuver up in Round 2 to get the OT they'd want.  I'm not sure I want to give up a pick, even a late pick, to go from #48 to the 30's or something but it might be necessary to grab a higher quality OT with less bust risk.

And let me contradict myself a bit here. :P  I see the quality of OTs and WRs being similar in Round 1.  I don't know if that's the case for Round 2.  I think there will higher quality WRs than OTs in that 2nd round.  Guys like Justin Jefferson, Reagor, Brandon Ayuik, etc. seem better than Austin Jackson, Prince Wanogho, Matthew Peart, etc.  So an approach of OT in Rd. 1 and WR in Rd. 2 might make more sense but we'd have to be able to stomach taking the 3rd or 4th best OT at #11 when all of the WRs could be on the Board staring us in the face.  Just my take.

I go back and forth on this point.  I go days where i can project like 6 wrs taken in the in the first.  So if thats the case I think the tackle market in the 2nd should still be better than average. This draft is so interesting because you can forecast a big run on tackles and OL in general in the first round, but i can just as easily predict a massive run on WR in the mid to end of the 1st.   If i had to guess though i think its more than likely more WR's go in RD 1 than we think rather than more OT going in RD 1 than we think if that makes sense.