SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

Now that football season is over , what do we do with our free time ?

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Outside of NFL Free Agent Frenzy and the NFL Draft this is HOOPS time of year. We are in the heart of the NBA season. We got the NBA Trade Deadline coming up TODAY at 3pm eastern standard time, and March Madness is around the corner. I'm going to really enjoy the rest of this NBA season all the way until a champ is crowned.

Just last night I was flipping channels and stumbled upon the finish between Villanova on the road at Butler. What a great game and such an exciting finish. That felt like a preview to the NCAA Tournament last night. Both teams hit big shots at the end. First 'Nova when Saddiq Bey made a 3 to tie the game at 76-76, then came Butler when Kamar Baldwin did his best Kobe Bean Bryant impersonation and drilled that 3 to win the game.

My blazers are a hot mess right now despite Lillard’s historical surge... hard to enjoy this season when most of your players are hurt and you're trailing the West’s top 8 seeds. We were the 3rd seed two years in a row..not use to this and definitely not pleasant. I hope they make a big run in the 2nd half of the season.

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

The Blazers and The Ducks.  My teams are totally _____ this year though.  The "Bloozers" are hurt as usual.

I don’t think we get Nurkic back in time to make any time of season changing run. CJ is SO overrated and Collins coming back only helps a tad bit. 

Tbh our back court just needs to be blown up. Obviously Dame is the best PG in the league. You keep him and you keep him a blazer until he’s 40 and retires. CJ should be traded for role players that can give our bench a boost or you try to pry Beal from Washington.

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

We are never going to win sh*t.  Olshey is the ultimate prospect hugger.  If they don't trade Whiteside we wont have a chance to add anybody in the next four years since we maxed Dame and overpaid CJ.  I feel for Dame.  He deserves better and the rest of the league throws shade on him.  And all because we have a GM who always thinks he can outsmart everybody else by getting retreads and trying to sell them as quality players.  He just continously trades future second round picks like they were undervalued baseball cards.  Olshey is an elitist clown.

Olshay won’t last for too much longer if he can’t do what it takes to get a real starting wing player here. Our defense is pitiful. The back court doesn’t have a lick of perimeter defense and it shows every night. Also, just got this alert.

Looks like they’re trying to get under the luxury tax for next season. I liked Skal. This likely means we won’t trade whiteside which is what the plan was suppose to be the minute we got him.

2E37476C-E520-4B33-AABF-87CDA6D7E37C.jpeg

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Blazers will get rolling this month...They've been playing better since the Ariza trade. I'll be watching the Spurs at Blazers game tonight. Melo needs to get out of his shooting slump he's been in the last 5 games he's played. Blazers need Melo to have those 7-10 shooting nights with 6 to 8 boards.

Agreed. Nothing was going in for him(or really for anyone else) the night before last. We got absolutely pulverized by Denver. We have such a thin bench that if Melo doesn’t perform, we almost have no chance. It’s been bad this year.

Good team win last night @pdxgreen 

We might just have a nice two way developing with Trent Jr. He can knock the 3 down well and Hassan had a huge night. Melo came in with 20 and 8 as needed.  CJ...the offense just looks so slow with him on the court. He doesn’t facilitate enough and dribbles for hours until he finally throws up a bad shot. He has his good nights and I won’t forget him putting the fork in Game 7 vs the Nuggets last year but man.....it’s just not enough consistency.

7 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The Blazers will never win the championship because they aren't long enough in the front court.  They are so restricted by market sixe and have so few options to get talent... that Olshey knows there are not enough playmaking wings to go around.  So Olshey said, "I'll get two shoot first combo guards to take 50-60% per cent of the shots and then fill the lane with centers and rom protectors."

But that still only gets you so far because great players can beat you on both sides of the ball. In football it's ike building a great offense and then running a bend but dont defense.  You're never going to dominate on one side of the ball long enough to win.  We got really lucky in playing OKC because George's shoulder was separated and Westbrick'a game was never effective enough.  Then Denver had to stick Jokic on the court to long and we still barely won.  But GS still had overwhelming talent on both sides of the ball.  And that will always be Portland's Sisyphus Rock.  Never able to get that one long playmaker who's as good as Dame but you have to trade CJ to do it.  Because Olshey and Dame won't have it.

Exactly on the mark 10000%. I really wanted us to get PG13 when he was leaving the Pacers and I was on board to get CJ the hell out of here to do it but clearly Olshay and Dame weren’t. I’m with you 100% the back court will never bring in a ring and lot of I t has to do with Dame and CJ being defensive liabilities. Jokic eats us alive every time we play Denver. Hassan cannot keep up with him because Hassan is only a good defender under the rim. Nurkic can’t even handle him enough. PG13, if healthy, would of been a ton of trouble for us and OKC showed that in the regular season series. PG13 was lighting us up.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company