SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

Now that football season is over , what do we do with our free time ?

I don't expect this to get a good response on a football board, but soccer is great - especially if you're just looking for something as an excuse to drink.

Most likely answer though? Complain it's the offseason

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Been a huge Man City fan for years now.  It's a great sport.

I've always had trouble picking an allegiance to a team. Something about just picking a good team and then (hopefully) reaping the benefits of their success felt so phony to me.

On the other hand, I couldn't imagine supporting a team like Fulham - I watched them closely for 5+ seasons as they seemed to be one of the first teams to embrace American internationals - and constantly see them fluctuate from league to league and never winning anything of merit

2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Watch Borussa Dortmund.  They have the best young American player in Gio Reyna and because of developmental trends and lax visa restrictions the Bundesliga means they take more American players any way.  I watch the premier league but it's a lot more pressure and almost every appearance of an American player is conditional on an manager's whims.  Americans get a better shake in Holland and Germany.  Just less roster turnover.  And they give more chances to young homegrown players since they just have less resources.

I'm definitely aware of Gio. The goal he had the other day during their domestic cup was pure filth. Dortmund could definitely be in the running; great atmosphere and stadium to go along with some dynamic young players (sancho, haaland, and the aforementioned reyna). I would probably choose an EPL team as it's easily the most accessible without having to get another bullsh*t subscription service.

And agreed on the German league being the most welcoming for Americans abroad. Obviously Pulisic was nurtured there, but even going back to the early 00's, people like Steve Cherundolo were given a shot when most other leagues would scoff at the idea of even rostering an American

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company