SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

Now that football season is over , what do we do with our free time ?

18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I was thinking about reading a book.

This is what I generally do. Pack a bag, head to the beach, and read my current book over a few beers between dips in the Caribbean.  

18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I am becoming fluent in spanish. 

Me estoy haciendo fluido en español. 

This is what I should be doing! 

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You Tube videos....  Butterfly Spanish is a great startimg point.   What part of Mexico are you in ?  Im probably gonna spend 2 weeks in Playa , you near there at all?  I may go back to Mexico City which I just fell in love with.

I'm in Puerto Morelos. Look it up. When I was on the retirement tour, I found I liked (loved!) it so much more than PdC. More convenient to Cancun Airport, too. More laid back, less aggressive vendors (by far!), and -IMHO- better restaurants, too. 

I have Rosetta Stone on my computer, but the lessons get frustrating when they have me spitting out single syllables and they tell me I got it wrong! Lol. I'll check out Butterfly. I also have Duolingo. 

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So I just looked at it on the map.. are there places to live near the water or is that basically hotels etc.  Can you walk to the water?

https://www.puertomorelos.com.mx/home/language-speaking-vacation/

There are places to live by the water, but extremely few long term rentals. The owners there are making a killing doing AirBnB, no need to rent for a year at a time. When it comes time to buy, though, there are plenty of opportunities. 

I'm in what they call the Colonia, a $30p (about $1.60 US) taxi ride from the beach. I walked it once just for kicks, it was 40 minutes on a busy road with not much to look at. Taxis are everywhere, though, making it very easy to get around. By the beach, dinner for two (not at one of the newer, fancier places) generally runs less than $30 US for an appetizer, couple drinks, couple entrees. Where I am, I've had good dinners for under $7. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company