SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

Now that football season is over , what do we do with our free time ?

Just now, slats said:

This is what I generally do. Pack a bag, head to the beach, and read my current book over a few beers between dips in the Caribbean.  

This is what I should be doing! 

You Tube videos....  Butterfly Spanish is a great startimg point.   What part of Mexico are you in ?  Im probably gonna spend 2 weeks in Playa , you near there at all?  I may go back to Mexico City which I just fell in love with.

21 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm in Puerto Morelos. Look it up. When I was on the retirement tour, I found I liked (loved!) it so much more than PdC. More convenient to Cancun Airport, too. More laid back, less aggressive vendors (by far!), and -IMHO- better restaurants, too. 

I have Rosetta Stone on my computer, but the lessons get frustrating when they have me spitting out single syllables and they tell me I got it wrong! Lol. I'll check out Butterfly. I also have Duolingo. 

So I just looked at it on the map.. are there places to live near the water or is that basically hotels etc.  Can you walk to the water?

https://www.puertomorelos.com.mx/home/language-speaking-vacation/

21 minutes ago, slats said:

There are places to live by the water, but extremely few long term rentals. The owners there are making a killing doing AirBnB, no need to rent for a year at a time. When it comes time to buy, though, there are plenty of opportunities. 

I'm in what they call the Colonia, a $30p (about $1.60 US) taxi ride from the beach. I walked it once just for kicks, it was 40 minutes on a busy road with not much to look at. Taxis are everywhere, though, making it very easy to get around. By the beach, dinner for two (not at one of the newer, fancier places) generally runs less than $30 US for an appetizer, couple drinks, couple entrees. Where I am, I've had good dinners for under $7. 

Im gonna go there this year and check it out...   Thanks for the info.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I'm going to give the XFL a shot. I enjoyed the AAF last year, and was kind of bummed when they folded.  The QBs in the XFL are mostly recognizable names.

What about Roller Derby?  :)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Thank you very much. I want to do more abstract, but I love painting scenes from my life. Trying to mix the two on one I'm doing now...

20200209_113847.jpg

This has a very Van Gogh look to it. Good stuff!!!!

• Upvote 2

On 2/10/2020 at 8:01 AM, nyjunc said:

As far as watching sports on TV it's college basketball season.  My free time is spent watching my kids play football, basketball, baseball,...  That has been much more fun than watching my favorite teams on TV 😁

How'd you like Saturday night????  Ridiculous.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

That was tough, it never should have made it to OT if they could just hit a couple of FTs but they got screwed in OT.  

Here in Charlotte, that game was on every TV in every restaurant and bar. Roys kids this year look like thugs. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Huh?  I'm not sure what you are saying, it's a great group of kids. He always brings in great kids.  

They look and play like selfish kids trying to get on a highlight reel.  That’s the consensus around here, two of whom are former players at UNC that are colleagues of mine. 

49 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think thug is a bit strong, they are great kids.  As players it's been a right year, I've never seen injuries like this and it took them a while to adjust to Cole being out now it's taking them time to adjust to him being back.  There's just not a ton of healthy talent. A lot of role players are getting critical minutes.

Yeah.. my daughter went there , Ive met Roy etc but im a "distant fan".   That said, the worst player on Carolina was probably the best player in his county.  My nephew in Tampa had a kid on his team, all county didn't even get a tryout at Florida (Billy Donovan years).  he played at NC State. Basically was on the bench for 4 years.  Top player in his county. We forget how good these kids are. Reminds me of the joke... who can keep Michael Jordan to 15 points every game?  Dean Smith.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company