Jump to content
SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN

Now that football season is over , what do we do with our free time ?

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

My blazers are a hot mess right now despite Lillard’s historical surge... hard to enjoy this season when most of your players are hurt and you're trailing the West’s top 8 seeds. We were the 3rd seed two years in a row..not use to this and definitely not pleasant. I hope they make a big run in the 2nd half of the season.

We are never going to win sh*t.  Olshey is the ultimate prospect hugger.  If they don't trade Whiteside we wont have a chance to add anybody in the next four years since we maxed Dame and overpaid CJ.  I feel for Dame.  He deserves better and the rest of the league throws shade on him.  And all because we have a GM who always thinks he can outsmart everybody else by getting retreads and trying to sell them as quality players.  He just continously trades future second round picks like they were undervalued baseball cards.  Olshey is an elitist clown.

(And he just trade Skal and cash considerations for cap relief.  What a ____ing clown.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

We are never going to win sh*t.  Olshey is the ultimate prospect hugger.  If they don't trade Whiteside we wont have a chance to add anybody in the next four years since we maxed Dame and overpaid CJ.  I feel for Dame.  He deserves better and the rest of the league throws shade on him.  And all because we have a GM who always thinks he can outsmart everybody else by getting retreads and trying to sell them as quality players.  He just continously trades future second round picks like they were undervalued baseball cards.  Olshey is an elitist clown.

Olshay won’t last for too much longer if he can’t do what it takes to get a real starting wing player here. Our defense is pitiful. The back court doesn’t have a lick of perimeter defense and it shows every night. Also, just got this alert.

Looks like they’re trying to get under the luxury tax for next season. I liked Skal. This likely means we won’t trade whiteside which is what the plan was suppose to be the minute we got him.

2E37476C-E520-4B33-AABF-87CDA6D7E37C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Olshay won’t last for too much longer if he can’t do what it takes to get a real starting wing player here. Our defense is pitiful. The back court doesn’t have a lick of perimeter defense and it shows every night. Also, just got this alert.

Looks like they’re trying to get under the luxury tax for next season. I liked Skal. This likely means we won’t trade whiteside which is what the plan was suppose to be the minute we got him.

2E37476C-E520-4B33-AABF-87CDA6D7E37C.jpeg

He's got no balls.  He's a prat.  (Olshey despises Stumptowners. it's a joke around town that he complains about the locale constantly.)  Eventually the Vulcan Company and Allen family are going to fire that snake oil salesman and good riddens.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

My blazers are a hot mess right now despite Lillard’s historical surge... hard to enjoy this season when most of your players are hurt and you're trailing the West’s top 8 seeds. We were the 3rd seed two years in a row..not use to this and definitely not pleasant. I hope they make a big run in the 2nd half of the season.

Blazers will get rolling this month...They've been playing better since the Ariza trade. I'll be watching the Spurs at Blazers game tonight. Melo needs to get out of his shooting slump he's been in the last 5 games he's played. Blazers need Melo to have those 7-10 shooting nights with 6 to 8 boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Blazers will get rolling this month...They've been playing better since the Ariza trade. I'll be watching the Spurs at Blazers game tonight. Melo needs to get out of his shooting slump he's been in the last 5 games he's played. Blazers need Melo to have those 7-10 shooting nights with 6 to 8 boards.

Agreed. Nothing was going in for him(or really for anyone else) the night before last. We got absolutely pulverized by Denver. We have such a thin bench that if Melo doesn’t perform, we almost have no chance. It’s been bad this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Watch Borussa Dortmund.  They have the best young American player in Gio Reyna and because of developmental trends and lax visa restrictions the Bundesliga means they take more American players any way.  I watch the premier league but it's a lot more pressure and almost every appearance of an American player is conditional on an manager's whims.  Americans get a better shake in Holland and Germany.  Just less roster turnover.  And they give more chances to young homegrown players since they just have less resources.

I'm definitely aware of Gio. The goal he had the other day during their domestic cup was pure filth. Dortmund could definitely be in the running; great atmosphere and stadium to go along with some dynamic young players (sancho, haaland, and the aforementioned reyna). I would probably choose an EPL team as it's easily the most accessible without having to get another bullsh*t subscription service.

And agreed on the German league being the most welcoming for Americans abroad. Obviously Pulisic was nurtured there, but even going back to the early 00's, people like Steve Cherundolo were given a shot when most other leagues would scoff at the idea of even rostering an American

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Now that football season is over , what do we do with our free time ? 

1. Watch the XFL, DC Defenders.

2. Root for the 2020 Washington Nationals!

3. Talk about what the Jets should do for 2020.  Draft talk.  Camp talk.  Preseason talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Well what can you do...

59BC7C29-4402-4566-B759-D8ECC413D3B5.gif

Yeah! Yeah! Ohhhhyeah! What condition my condition was in...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JiF said:

Sucks for you

That's my exact quote whenever I hear about a hurricane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Any suggestions ?

snowmobile overshoot GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably start 15/20 threads abôut how to fix the Oline? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I was thinking about reading a book.

This is what I generally do. Pack a bag, head to the beach, and read my current book over a few beers between dips in the Caribbean.  

18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I am becoming fluent in spanish. 

 

Me estoy haciendo fluido en español. 

This is what I should be doing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slats said:

This is what I generally do. Pack a bag, head to the beach, and read my current book over a few beers between dips in the Caribbean.  

This is what I should be doing! 

You Tube videos....  Butterfly Spanish is a great startimg point.   What part of Mexico are you in ?  Im probably gonna spend 2 weeks in Playa , you near there at all?  I may go back to Mexico City which I just fell in love with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You Tube videos....  Butterfly Spanish is a great startimg point.   What part of Mexico are you in ?  Im probably gonna spend 2 weeks in Playa , you near there at all?  I may go back to Mexico City which I just fell in love with.

I'm in Puerto Morelos. Look it up. When I was on the retirement tour, I found I liked (loved!) it so much more than PdC. More convenient to Cancun Airport, too. More laid back, less aggressive vendors (by far!), and -IMHO- better restaurants, too. 

I have Rosetta Stone on my computer, but the lessons get frustrating when they have me spitting out single syllables and they tell me I got it wrong! Lol. I'll check out Butterfly. I also have Duolingo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, freestater said:

That's my exact quote whenever I hear about a hurricane. 

Nah brah, hurricanes bring epic waves. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm in Puerto Morelos. Look it up. When I was on the retirement tour, I found I liked (loved!) it so much more than PdC. More convenient to Cancun Airport, too. More laid back, less aggressive vendors (by far!), and -IMHO- better restaurants, too. 

I have Rosetta Stone on my computer, but the lessons get frustrating when they have me spitting out single syllables and they tell me I got it wrong! Lol. I'll check out Butterfly. I also have Duolingo. 

So I just looked at it on the map.. are there places to live near the water or is that basically hotels etc.  Can you walk to the water?

 

https://www.puertomorelos.com.mx/home/language-speaking-vacation/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So I just looked at it on the map.. are there places to live near the water or is that basically hotels etc.  Can you walk to the water?

 

https://www.puertomorelos.com.mx/home/language-speaking-vacation/

 

 

 

There are places to live by the water, but extremely few long term rentals. The owners there are making a killing doing AirBnB, no need to rent for a year at a time. When it comes time to buy, though, there are plenty of opportunities. 

I'm in what they call the Colonia, a $30p (about $1.60 US) taxi ride from the beach. I walked it once just for kicks, it was 40 minutes on a busy road with not much to look at. Taxis are everywhere, though, making it very easy to get around. By the beach, dinner for two (not at one of the newer, fancier places) generally runs less than $30 US for an appetizer, couple drinks, couple entrees. Where I am, I've had good dinners for under $7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, slats said:

There are places to live by the water, but extremely few long term rentals. The owners there are making a killing doing AirBnB, no need to rent for a year at a time. When it comes time to buy, though, there are plenty of opportunities. 

I'm in what they call the Colonia, a $30p (about $1.60 US) taxi ride from the beach. I walked it once just for kicks, it was 40 minutes on a busy road with not much to look at. Taxis are everywhere, though, making it very easy to get around. By the beach, dinner for two (not at one of the newer, fancier places) generally runs less than $30 US for an appetizer, couple drinks, couple entrees. Where I am, I've had good dinners for under $7. 

Im gonna go there this year and check it out...   Thanks for the info.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

I don't expect this to get a good response on a football board, but soccer is great - especially if you're just looking for something as an excuse to drink.

Most likely answer though? Complain it's the offseason

Soccer is great. This season isn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

I don't expect this to get a good response on a football board, but soccer is great - especially if you're just looking for something as an excuse to drink.

Most likely answer though? Complain it's the offseason

Soccer is great. This season isn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

I've always had trouble picking an allegiance to a team. Something about just picking a good team and then (hopefully) reaping the benefits of their success felt so phony to me.

On the other hand, I couldn't imagine supporting a team like Fulham - I watched them closely for 5+ seasons as they seemed to be one of the first teams to embrace American internationals - and constantly see them fluctuate from league to league and never winning anything of merit

I’m a FFC supporter as well. I loved them back when the players were former construction workers etc. Nowadays they are a yo-yo team between PL and Championship which historically is very good!

Also love the fact that they are a London based team with a great older stadium.

If to choose a club from scratch. I would go for something similar, Q.P.R. for instance. To choose City, Pool etc now is like starting to follow pats 2015...

Pick an historic underdog! 💪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to give the XFL a shot. I enjoyed the AAF last year, and was kind of bummed when they folded.  The QBs in the XFL are mostly recognizable names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I'm going to give the XFL a shot. I enjoyed the AAF last year, and was kind of bummed when they folded.  The QBs in the XFL are mostly recognizable names.

What about Roller Derby?  :)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to try to work on my health. I turn 60 in March & my sister is in the final stages of lung cancer (Hospice has come in) and she turns 64 on Feb. 10th God willing. My Mom died of Lung cancer in 1999 at 60 years old.

When a sibling is dying it really punches you in the face & forces you to look at your own mortality, try to ignore negativity, be much kinder, and open your eyes each morning with a much more focused perspective. It's maintaining that level of living that becomes difficult & fades over time. 

I guess arguments over the Jets are pretty irrelevant. Nothing we can do but go with the flow & put our faith in JD & Gase. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm going to try to work on my health. I turn 60 in March & my sister is in the final stages of lung cancer (Hospice has come in) and she turns 64 on Feb. 10th God willing. My Mom died of Lung cancer in 1999 at 60 years old.

When a sibling is dying it really punches you in the face & forces you to look at your own mortality, try to ignore negativity, be much kinder, and open your eyes each morning with a much more focused perspective. It's maintaining that level of living that becomes difficult & fades over time. 

I guess arguments over the Jets are pretty irrelevant. Nothing we can do but go with the flow & put our faith in JD & Gase. 

 

Thoughts and prayers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Agreed.

 

I chip all night in my living room to keep the short game sharp. 

I once put a hole in my celing practicing my golf swing in the house.  I was a teenager at the time.  Mom and dad were not happy. 

Chipping and putting.  That's all I have ever done in the house ever since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

I once put a hole in my celing practicing my golf swing in the house.  I was a teenager at the time.  Mom and dad were not happy. 

Chipping and putting.  That's all I have ever done in the house ever since.

Lol, full swings with the yellow foam balls only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...