Now that football season is over , what do we do with our free time ?

Good team win last night @pdxgreen 

We might just have a nice two way developing with Trent Jr. He can knock the 3 down well and Hassan had a huge night. Melo came in with 20 and 8 as needed.  CJ...the offense just looks so slow with him on the court. He doesn’t facilitate enough and dribbles for hours until he finally throws up a bad shot. He has his good nights and I won’t forget him putting the fork in Game 7 vs the Nuggets last year but man.....it’s just not enough consistency.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Good team win last night @pdxgreen 

We might just have a nice two way developing with Trent Jr. He can knock the 3 down well and Hassan had a huge night. Melo came in with 20 and 8 as needed.  CJ...the offense just looks so slow with him on the court. He doesn’t facilitate enough and dribbles for hours until he finally throws up a bad shot. He has his good nights and I won’t forget him putting the fork in Game 7 vs the Nuggets last year but man.....it’s just not enough consistency.

The Blazers will never win the championship because they aren't long enough in the front court.  They are so restricted by market sixe and have so few options to get talent... that Olshey knows there are not enough playmaking wings to go around.  So Olshey said, "I'll get two shoot first combo guards to take 50-60% per cent of the shots and then fill the lane with centers and rom protectors."

But that still only gets you so far because great players can beat you on both sides of the ball. In football it's like building a great offense and then running a bend but break don't defense.  You're never going to dominate on one side of the ball long enough to win.  We got really lucky in playing OKC because George's shoulder was separated and Westbrick's game was never effective enough.  Then Denver had to stick Jokic on the court to long and we still barely won.  But GS still had overwhelming talent on both sides of the ball.  And that will always be Portland's Sisyphus Rock.  Never able to get that one long play maker who's as good as Dame but you have to trade CJ to do it.  Because Olshey and Dame won't have it.

7 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

The Blazers will never win the championship because they aren't long enough in the front court.  They are so restricted by market sixe and have so few options to get talent... that Olshey knows there are not enough playmaking wings to go around.  So Olshey said, "I'll get two shoot first combo guards to take 50-60% per cent of the shots and then fill the lane with centers and rom protectors."

But that still only gets you so far because great players can beat you on both sides of the ball. In football it's ike building a great offense and then running a bend but dont defense.  You're never going to dominate on one side of the ball long enough to win.  We got really lucky in playing OKC because George's shoulder was separated and Westbrick'a game was never effective enough.  Then Denver had to stick Jokic on the court to long and we still barely won.  But GS still had overwhelming talent on both sides of the ball.  And that will always be Portland's Sisyphus Rock.  Never able to get that one long playmaker who's as good as Dame but you have to trade CJ to do it.  Because Olshey and Dame won't have it.

Exactly on the mark 10000%. I really wanted us to get PG13 when he was leaving the Pacers and I was on board to get CJ the hell out of here to do it but clearly Olshay and Dame weren’t. I’m with you 100% the back court will never bring in a ring and lot of I t has to do with Dame and CJ being defensive liabilities. Jokic eats us alive every time we play Denver. Hassan cannot keep up with him because Hassan is only a good defender under the rim. Nurkic can’t even handle him enough. PG13, if healthy, would of been a ton of trouble for us and OKC showed that in the regular season series. PG13 was lighting us up.

I don't follow any other sports.  Only football. 

Start more threads about how bad Gase is.

Participate in other threads about how badGase is.

Non Football Related:

Read history books. Mostly; Roman Republic, Roman Empire, Crusades, American Civil War, WWII

Cycling when it is not snowing or wet out.  Usual time at the gym as well...

Working on my show/track car when time permits.  Bent multiple valves at Atco a few months back.  Major job ahead.

Just now, THE BARON said:

Start more threads about how bad Gase is.

Participate in other threads about how badGase is.

Non Football Related:

Read history books. Mostly; Roman Republic, Roman Empire, Crusades, American Civil War, WWII

Cycling when it is not snowing or wet out.  Usual time at the gym as well...

Working on my show/track car when time permits.  Bent multiple valves at Atco a few months back.  Major job ahead.

You forgot complain about Jamal Adams. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You forgot complain about Jamal Adams. 

I like Adams and want't the Jets to keep him.  You must have me confused with someone on the "Trade Jamal" bandwagon.

The only way I would consider letting him go would be in trade for a proven, top tier offensive lineman in his prime. I would not trade him for a draft pick. 

I also like Robbie Anderson and favor paying him as lower-tier starting # 1 or top tier starting # 2

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly on the mark 10000%. I really wanted us to get PG13 when he was leaving the Pacers and I was on board to get CJ the hell out of here to do it but clearly Olshay and Dame weren’t. I’m with you 100% the back court will never bring in a ring and lot of I t has to do with Dame and CJ being defensive liabilities. Jokic eats us alive every time we play Denver. Hassan cannot keep up with him because Hassan is only a good defender under the rim. Nurkic can’t even handle him enough. PG13, if healthy, would of been a ton of trouble for us and OKC showed that in the regular season series. PG13 was lighting us up.

The sad reality is that there is really no way for most market teams to win the NBA championship any more.... not with this many teams and this small a labor pool you can't control.  Milwaukee seems that might have a shot but I am sure that everybody is already trying to pull Giannis away. And there is this dissonance with big market NBA fans.  "Oh San Antonio!!!  Oh San Antonio!!! That just proves you're wrong!!"  Yeah... in one of the biggest states in the nation and the greatest coach/GM of his generation.  Also tanking for the greatest PF who ever lived might make them an outlier as well.  The fact that the basketball world or the the talent that prepares the talent... executives, coaches, trainers, assistants, physical therapists is small.  If there is somebody who stands out in a market like Portland... he/she usually gone within a year or so.  Nobody ever waits to win a damn thing.  A friend of mine who works for the Blazers told me that Lamarcus had already moved out of Portland before the Memphis series was over.  The whole bit of him "wanting to be a Blazer forever" was just this sad ploy until he had finally made up his mind.... which was obviously before the season was over.

So you've got this inability to keep players (like Clyde Drexler still bitter as ever) an inability to sign any free agents and no leeway from GM's like Rob Pelinka and Danny Ainge (who were call on your best players and offer sh*t.  Because they can.  No different from the history of the NBA really.  But I respect old GM's like West and Auerbach.... they used smarts --- not using player agents or the press to help kill a player's value come trade time.  "Let's low ball them til February and force a buy out!"  or "Let's wait till summer and then do a sign and trade."  The NBA is such a rigged horse race.  But Lakers and Celtics fans can go on believing that they win solely because their franchises are actually luckier and better than everybody else.  Good.  Whatever makes you happy.  If you want to believe that pro wrestling is real too.. fine.  Go right ahead!  It's now fantasy day!  Sometimes I just wish we had a hockey team instead.

15 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

i will watch my Sixers crush and burn....

also for some reason my wife is planning to have a baby next month so i might get in on that 

Never liked Ben Simmons.  Just strikes me as being a douchebag sometimes.  Not the guy I would want to build a team around.

29 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Never liked Ben Simmons.  Just strikes me as being a douchebag sometimes.  Not the guy I would want to build a team around.

I don't know, I never meet him personally. 

He does play hard all the time on both sides of the floor and has the stamina of a horse .

On top of that the team is not built around him , he is the 2and best player on the team .

8 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

I don't know, I never meet him personally. 

He does play hard all the time on both sides of the floor and has the stamina of a horse .

On top of that the team is not built around him , he is the 2and best player on the team .

Well I don;t know him personally either.  But that team is WAY too talented to be sixth east and all year the press keeps dropping hints about locker room friction.  Embiid and Simmons are the two most visible players on the team and it's not like he hasn't bust ups before at LSU.  So I am just going by the tea leaves everyone else is reading.  I honestly love Philly as a sports town and I thought Hinkle got shafted by Silver.  I honestly hope they iron it out.  But that team always seems to be making moves that never help them achieve with the overall some of their parts.