Sign in to follow this  
chirorob

2020 Yankees Thread

On 2/7/2020 at 5:52 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

He's gonna miss 4 months, that's going to cost him millions on his next contract.

In the long run that’s a good thing for the Yankeess if they decide to resign him

we should be ok with Cole-Severino-Tanaka-Montgomery first half of the season 

On 2/8/2020 at 11:46 AM, section314 said:

Think you guys may see Garcia sometime this year.

Yankees need a serviceable 5th starter first half of the year

21 hours ago, section314 said:

Agreed.....would think they want it to be a vet, a guy who won't be thrown off by the erratic schedule that that role entails.

They’re unfortunately gonna try Happ again which I think is a mistake.  Not only because he sucked as a starter last year but he was effective as a reliever out of the pen and can be a guy who gives you 2-3 innings as a long reliever 

I’d much rather see then give someone from the minors a shot

17 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m not at all concerned about the regular season. Of course nothing is guaranteed but let’s get everybody back healthy and not rushed because we have the depth to survive. It’s a long season and the goal is a World Series championship. 

It is and we’re guaranteed both Paxton and German back by mid July which gives us the best rotation in baseball 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, chirorob said:

Shoulder sore?

Or something else?   I love the guy, but if he goes FA at age 29, I don't give him an 8 year deal.   I hope they do right by him and just extend him now.

Unfortunately the Yankees probably won’t have a choice.  The Stanton and Cole contracts are going to strap them

I think Judge is under control til ‘23 so we have at least 2 more years til the Yankees will be forced to shop him for prospects

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

Forearm, which apparently hurt last year.

Its early, but that can be tommy john surgery.

BD2E574C-E9AF-4AB4-A96E-B13DCC3A980A.jpeg

10 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Now Severino is hurt too

I don't pay much attention to this team. How much of a killer would it be if he can't hack it this year?

Does Andy Petite want to come back again?

18 hours ago, chirorob said:

He pitched a total of, 16 innings last year?   So did he actually hurt it the year before?

He threw 208 total inning (including playoffs) at age 23, and about 200 at age 24.   Is that what killed him?

The kid is just a hard thrower and that made him injury prone.  It’s rare in today’s game for there to be a Justin Verlander a guy who as a starter can consistently throw 100 mph and have a long career

On 2/22/2020 at 11:26 AM, chirorob said:

You mean actually pitch, and not just throw hard?

Severino was always a hard thrower he just learned how to pitch 2 years ago.  

If he has to get the Tommy John this officially sucks.  Cashman needs to trade for a starting pitcher 

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

If the others can stay healthy Cole, Tanaka, Paxton and German is still a nice postseason core plus Montgomery I guess. 

The problem is we won’t get German and Paxton back until the all star break

very concerned about our rotation right now.  Thank God we signed Cole

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Guess Montgomery is going to be in the rotation.  Good. 

Montgomery and Happ both in the rotation now plus possibly even Deivi Garcia

On 2/25/2020 at 7:06 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I wonder if they will try to wedge Chad Green back in there.  I think they always want him to start.

Unfortunately I think he’s the 5th starter

16 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Stanton is made of glass. This guy has done nothing but disgust me since he’s got here. 

Jeter pulled a fast one on us

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

Cashman and these contracts. Ellsbury, Hicks and Severino, just terrible.

If it wasn’t for Stick Michael wrecking it with multiple drafts before he passed the Yankees would be totally screwed

3 hours ago, Barton said:

Is anyone else in disbelief that Gary Sanchez is still the Yankees catcher? The guy is ATROCIOUS behind the plate. Passed balls, poor framing, questionable pitch selection. He's not even a good hitter either. 

5681D1FB-C256-4B81-A859-DC8CB28EAB6E.jpeg.1941f484198c9d5f48df69bf6235af9e.jpeg

4 hours ago, Barton said:

They could have acquired another starter this offseason if they had done the dye test earlier.

Not to mention, what if they did the dye test after 2018 - when he was first reported as being hurt? Maybe he had the tear back then. If so, he would have been back this season.

Cashman CONSISTENTLY undervalues the importance of both elite starting pitching AND depth. He is an overrated GM. He believes in acquiring sluggers more than elite starters. His track record over the last 15 years shows this. 

The problem is Cashman has been burned so many times by free agent SP’s (Randy Johnson, Javy Vasquez twice, AJ Burnett, Kevin Brown) he’s now really gun shy to get pitchers

On 2/28/2020 at 3:15 PM, section314 said:

Maybe these numbers can talk you and the rest of the paranoid Yankee fans off the ledge a bit. The Yanks play 19 games against the Orioles who lost 108 games, 19 against the Blue Jays who "only" lost 95. They play 6 games each against the power house Tigers who lost 114, and the scary Royals who went down 103 times. Throw in 6 more against the always great Mariners who dropped 94 and that makes 56 games, or35% of your schedule against AAA teams. Or, to ease the pain even more, 19% against teams that lost 100+ games.  You could pitch Cole and the top four starters from Scranton and still win the division by 15 games. It's Friday, go have a cold one and relax. It's gonna be ok.

3/5 of the rotation is injured.  Judge and Stanton are both going to miss serious time.  I get it.  The Red Sox, Jays and O’s all suck someone still has to play the games

While the injuries pile up at least Montgomery and Frazier look good in spring trng

10 hours ago, section314 said:

Matz for Frazier. Good trade for both teams.

I dunno.  It’s not sounding good about Judge he could be out for a couple months or more

Frazier can hit and suddenly the Yankees are short corner outfielders

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When Cashman was interview on WFAN, I think he said that these decisions are made by the team doctors with the player's best interest in mind.  They try to get the player healthy without the surgery and, if that approach doesn't work, then they go for surgery as a last resort.  As much as it sets the team back, it's just the way the protocol is these days. 

It’s just bad luck.  The encouraging thing is the AL East looks soft as Charmin this year and the Yankees have depth

23 hours ago, chirorob said:

It's amazing the luck he's had.

Pineda, I liked the move at the time.

Javy, I liked the move at the time, especially the 1st one.

Pavano, liked it at the time.

AJ, liked it at the time.

Pineda was by far the best of those moves and he only pitched here like 2 years

Burnett wasn’t a complete disaster he did help us win a world series

On 3/4/2020 at 7:11 AM, section314 said:

I think Frazier is going to be a very good player when he finally gets his chance. I don't know why the Yanks don't seem to like this guy. They almost seem to go out of their way to not let him play.

I think Frazier is a little bit of a problem child in the clubhouse but if he hits that’s fine who cares

looks like Judge is going to try to play even though doctors don’t even know what’s wrong with him

We are gonna see a lot of Frazier/Tauchman

• Upvote 1

If we’re lucky judge is back by the all star break

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Now Judge has a fractured rib and surgery is not ruled out. 

Meanwhile Shesterkin had a fractured rib and is starting against the Devils. 

He was out 2 weeks, who knows when we'll see Judge again. 

Yankees already have all 3 outfielders and 2 starting pitchers out for opening day and for God knows how long.

And Cole just got lit up in ST

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

I think the Yankees team DR. is Frank Burns from M*A*S*H😁

Severino and Judge both had these injuries last year.  With Severino it’s especially bad because he could have had Tommy John several months ago and would be back beginning of ‘21

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2020 at 11:31 AM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Sanchez not taking batting practice - sore back.

DC59DD04-B8F1-4707-9E31-96214BC96922.jpeg.b804d668685bf8c5b9ce177a91f88c6b.jpeg

7 hours ago, chirorob said:

Judge fractured the T1 rib.    If it hasn't healed by now, why do they think it'll heal in the next couple weeks?  A lot of pitchers have the rib removed, I bet that's what he has done.   Good thing they didn't do that in Novemeber/December and decided to wait until 2 weeks before the season to diagnose it.

Sounds like a last second Hail Mary to avoid season ending surgery

On 3/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, chirorob said:

If they remove the rib. (I don't know they will need to), it's not season ending.  But it should have been found and dealt with 4 months ago.

Dude if they do that surgery we will be lucky if Judge is back by September 

Thank God it’s a weak division, yanks have depth and Paxton will be back relatively soon

And now Gary might have coronavirus you can’t make this up

On 3/12/2020 at 10:22 AM, chirorob said:

I will not be surprised if MLB doesn't start until may

If there even is a season it will be shortened to 120-140 games

• Upvote 1

IF there is a 80 game season and that’s a huge IF it helps the yankees

— Stanton, Paxton and maybe even Judge will all be healthy for start of the season

-some pitchers will be helped like Tanaka 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company