Sign in to follow this  
chirorob

2020 Yankees Thread

I’m not at all concerned about the regular season. Of course nothing is guaranteed but let’s get everybody back healthy and not rushed because we have the depth to survive. It’s a long season and the goal is a World Series championship. 

15 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Unfortunately the Yankees probably won’t have a choice.  The Stanton and Cole contracts are going to strap them

I think Judge is under control til ‘23 so we have at least 2 more years til the Yankees will be forced to shop him for prospects

No way the Yankees ever trade Judge as long as he keeps up a high level of play. He’s pretty much the next Jeter already as far as the fans and organization view him. The Yankees put in the Judges chamber already, they’re all in on this guy. 

If anyone is getting traded it’ll be Stanton and the Yankees will just have to eat like half the contract. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Today, a starter in a 5 man rotation gets about 32 starts/year, a top end 1or 2 maybe 35. That works out to about 6 inn/start. The problem is these kids don't throw enough coming up through their various systems. Seaver, Cone, Darling all have said, numerous times over their many years as broadcasters, that the key to their success and longevity was throwing a lot. Teams today are training guys to run 6 furlongs, and then are shocked when they can't run a mile and a 1/4. Kids today are bigger and stronger than ever before, take better care of their bodies, etc. Teams have to stop babying these guys, and let them throw. Trust me, they can all do it.

The horse racing analogy is perfect. Great way to put it. 

I know it’s not going to happen but I was thinking with my extra time that it would be cool if...

The season was simply pushed back with no elimination of games, we could have Mr. October(Reggie) Mr. November(Jeter) and Mr. December(TBD). 

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Honestly hope that's gonna be Sam this year.😎

No we want sam to be Mr. February. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company