Sign in to follow this  
chirorob

2020 Yankees Thread

On 2/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, Philc1 said:

Severino was always a hard thrower he just learned how to pitch 2 years ago.  

If he has to get the Tommy John this officially sucks.  Cashman needs to trade for a starting pitcher 

No way would I trade for anyone right now. The Severino injury is a huge concern. But they have German coming back pretty early in the year and Paxton won't be gone that long either. They have depth, but it would be nice if the team could just stay healthy.

19 hours ago, chirorob said:

Confirmed, he needs Tommy John surgery.  Out till at least next august?

I bet he's glad he signed a 4 year 40 million extension.

Cashman and these contracts. Ellsbury, Hicks and Severino, just terrible.

15 hours ago, Barton said:

Severino has been hurt for over a year now. And the Yankees just found out he needs tommy john.

What in the f###.

Yeah that part sucks. Would have been nice if they did this last year and we were talking about him coming back this year.

16 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I wonder if they will try to wedge Chad Green back in there.  I think they always want him to start.

If they do I hope it isn't as an opener, let him stretch out a bit. But I think they have enough other options anyway.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That would be interesting.   Surviving to mid-season with Severino, Paxson and German all coming back?  

I am still not sold on German. Happy to watch him repeat it, but I was concerned about him going into the playoffs. If he was on the roster and pitched the same way the Yankees are in the World Series. If German is legit:

Cole - Tanaka - Paxton - Happ - German is a pretty damn good rotation.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think I want Happ in there.  I like Montgomery.  I guess I am the only one?  I thought the fear with German was going all those innings wore him out?  He should be fairly fresh in 2020. 

I just wanted to see German do it when the competition level rises. The Yankees seemed to score a lot when he was pitching.

21 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I thought the Severino was a good extension.   He was young, had just pitched 2 very good seasons, and had no health concerns.   His arm then immediately falls off from the strain of signing the contract.

Hicks was bizarre.   Why give him 7 years?   He has always been injury prone.   Ellsbury is an all time bad contract.

I do agree, Severino was back luck. No way to see it coming.

I didn't like the Hicks deal either. I thought he was overpaid and they thought they were buying future years at a discount. Except he is always hurt.

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:00 PM, T0mShane said:

Just popping in to say that I’m very sad to see the Yankees belabored by Aaron Judge’s and Giancarlo Stanton’s transparently steroid-related soft-tissue injuries. Very, very sad for Yankees fans to have to go through this. Very sad 

They said Judge tore a muscle putting on a sm-edium. It happens.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company