Jump to content

2020 Yankees Thread


Recommended Posts

Just popping in to say that I’m very sad to see the Yankees belabored by Aaron Judge’s and Giancarlo Stanton’s transparently steroid-related soft-tissue injuries. Very, very sad for Yankees fans to have to go through this. Very sad 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The over/under for Yankee wins still sits at 196

Pitchers and catchers! 

Now Severino is hurt too I don't pay much attention to this team. How much of a killer would it be if he can't hack it this year?

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just popping in to say that I’m very sad to see the Yankees belabored by Aaron Judge’s and Giancarlo Stanton’s transparently steroid-related soft-tissue injuries. Very, very sad for Yankees fans to have to go through this. Very sad 

The over/under for Yankee wins still sits at 196

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Just popping in to say that I’m very sad to see the Yankees belabored by Aaron Judge’s and Giancarlo Stanton’s transparently steroid-related soft-tissue injuries. Very, very sad for Yankees fans to have to go through this. Very sad 

Cespedes just caught Corona Virus from a feral pig.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 7:47 PM, Barton said:

Severino has been hurt for over a year now. And the Yankees just found out he needs tommy john.

What in the f###.

 

On 2/26/2020 at 10:24 AM, chirorob said:

They did multiple MRIs, they kept coming up negative.

 

On 2/26/2020 at 11:11 AM, Maxman said:

Yeah that part sucks. Would have been nice if they did this last year and we were talking about him coming back this year.

When Cashman was interview on WFAN, I think he said that these decisions are made by the team doctors with the player's best interest in mind.  They try to get the player healthy without the surgery and, if that approach doesn't work, then they go for surgery as a last resort.  As much as it sets the team back, it's just the way the protocol is these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, section314 said:

Matz for Frazier. Good trade for both teams.

I dunno.  It’s not sounding good about Judge he could be out for a couple months or more

Frazier can hit and suddenly the Yankees are short corner outfielders

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

 

 

When Cashman was interview on WFAN, I think he said that these decisions are made by the team doctors with the player's best interest in mind.  They try to get the player healthy without the surgery and, if that approach doesn't work, then they go for surgery as a last resort.  As much as it sets the team back, it's just the way the protocol is these days. 

It’s just bad luck.  The encouraging thing is the AL East looks soft as Charmin this year and the Yankees have depth

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I dunno.  It’s not sounding good about Judge he could be out for a couple months or more

Frazier can hit and suddenly the Yankees are short corner outfielders

 

I think Frazier is going to be a very good player when he finally gets his chance. I don't know why the Yanks don't seem to like this guy. They almost seem to go out of their way to not let him play.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 9:28 AM, Philc1 said:

The problem is Cashman has been burned so many times by free agent SP’s (Randy Johnson, Javy Vasquez twice, AJ Burnett, Kevin Brown) he’s now really gun shy to get pitchers

It's amazing the luck he's had.

Pineda, I liked the move at the time.

Javy, I liked the move at the time, especially the 1st one.

Pavano, liked it at the time.

AJ, liked it at the time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 1:00 PM, T0mShane said:

Just popping in to say that I’m very sad to see the Yankees belabored by Aaron Judge’s and Giancarlo Stanton’s transparently steroid-related soft-tissue injuries. Very, very sad for Yankees fans to have to go through this. Very sad 

They said Judge tore a muscle putting on a sm-edium. It happens.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, chirorob said:

It's amazing the luck he's had.

Pineda, I liked the move at the time.

Javy, I liked the move at the time, especially the 1st one.

Pavano, liked it at the time.

AJ, liked it at the time.

Pineda was by far the best of those moves and he only pitched here like 2 years

 

Burnett wasn’t a complete disaster he did help us win a world series

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 7:11 AM, section314 said:

I think Frazier is going to be a very good player when he finally gets his chance. I don't know why the Yanks don't seem to like this guy. They almost seem to go out of their way to not let him play.

I think Frazier is a little bit of a problem child in the clubhouse but if he hits that’s fine who cares

 

looks like Judge is going to try to play even though doctors don’t even know what’s wrong with him

 

We are gonna see a lot of Frazier/Tauchman

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now Judge has a fractured rib and surgery is not ruled out. 

Meanwhile Shesterkin had a fractured rib and is starting against the Devils. 

He was out 2 weeks, who knows when we'll see Judge again. 

Yankees already have all 3 outfielders and 2 starting pitchers out for opening day and for God knows how long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Now Judge has a fractured rib and surgery is not ruled out. 

Meanwhile Shesterkin had a fractured rib and is starting against the Devils. 

He was out 2 weeks, who knows when we'll see Judge again. 

Yankees already have all 3 outfielders and 2 starting pitchers out for opening day and for God knows how long.

And Cole just got lit up in ST

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, section314 said:

I think the Yankees team DR. is Frank Burns from M*A*S*H😁

Severino and Judge both had these injuries last year.  With Severino it’s especially bad because he could have had Tommy John several months ago and would be back beginning of ‘21

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Severino and Judge both had these injuries last year.  With Severino it’s especially bad because he could have had Tommy John several months ago and would be back beginning of ‘21

I know. People forget that Jake had Tommy John years ago. So did Strasburg, I believe.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 3:04 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

Now Judge has a fractured rib and surgery is not ruled out. 

Meanwhile Shesterkin had a fractured rib and is starting against the Devils. 

He was out 2 weeks, who knows when we'll see Judge again. 

Yankees already have all 3 outfielders and 2 starting pitchers out for opening day and for God knows how long.

Judge fractured the T1 rib.    If it hasn't healed by now, why do they think it'll heal in the next couple weeks?  A lot of pitchers have the rib removed, I bet that's what he has done.   Good thing they didn't do that in Novemeber/December and decided to wait until 2 weeks before the season to diagnose it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chirorob said:

Judge fractured the T1 rib.    If it hasn't healed by now, why do they think it'll heal in the next couple weeks?  A lot of pitchers have the rib removed, I bet that's what he has done.   Good thing they didn't do that in Novemeber/December and decided to wait until 2 weeks before the season to diagnose it.

Ridiculous

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chirorob said:

Judge fractured the T1 rib.    If it hasn't healed by now, why do they think it'll heal in the next couple weeks?  A lot of pitchers have the rib removed, I bet that's what he has done.   Good thing they didn't do that in Novemeber/December and decided to wait until 2 weeks before the season to diagnose it.

Sounds like a last second Hail Mary to avoid season ending surgery

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Sounds like a last second Hail Mary to avoid season ending surgery

If they remove the rib. (I don't know they will need to), it's not season ending.  But it should have been found and dealt with 4 months ago.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, chirorob said:

If they remove the rib. (I don't know they will need to), it's not season ending.  But it should have been found and dealt with 4 months ago.

Dude if they do that surgery we will be lucky if Judge is back by September 

 

Thank God it’s a weak division, yanks have depth and Paxton will be back relatively soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I know it’s not going to happen but I was thinking with my extra time that it would be cool if...

The season was simply pushed back with no elimination of games, we could have Mr. October(Reggie) Mr. November(Jeter) and Mr. December(TBD)

Honestly hope that's gonna be Sam this year.😎

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...