Bills - L

KC - L

Chargers - W

Rams - W

Dolphins - L

Pats - L

Seattle - L

Colts - L

Summary: Jets win 9 games, and miss the playoffs.  Gase supporters blame it on UFO's, Elvis and a bad hair day.  They spout off.  "The Jets are heading in the right direction. One more win would have put them in the playoffs.  They pay no attention to the Jets defense ranking in the upper third of the league and the Jets offense in the lower third. 

End result.  Gase gets an extension from CJ and the Jets miss the playoffs for the next two to four years

Book it

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Home

Bills - W

Denver - W

Cardinals - W

49'ers - L

Dolphins - W

Pats - L

Browns - W

Raiders - W

Away

Bills - L

KC - L

Chargers - W

Rams - W

Dolphins - L

Pats - L

Seattle - L

Colts - L

Summary: Jets win 9 games, and miss the playoffs.  Gase supporters blame it on UFO's, Elvis and a bad hair day.  They spout off.  "The Jets are heading in the right direction. One more win would have put them in the playoffs.  They pay no attention to the Jets defense ranking in the upper third of the league and the Jets offense in the lower third. 

End result.  Gase gets an extension from CJ and the Jets miss the playoffs for the next two to four years

Book it

Your count is 8 Wins, but yet you said 9. Whether the Pats have Brady next year or not you have to  take that game at home to show progress, so will make that the 9th win.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Your count is 8 Wins, but yet you said 9. Whether the Pats have Brady next year or not you have to  take that game at home to show progress, so will make that the 9th win.

Yeah... I cant decide on the Colts game or the away Miami game.  They may win one more than 8.  I'm being generous.  

• Upvote 1

Gives us game by game W/L predictions before the start of FA and the draft that forecasts an 8-8 season. 

Summarizes these same predictions in the very next sentence by claiming the Jet will go 9-7 (?). 

Wants Gase fired after a hypothetical winning season. 

Good thread. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Gives us game by game W/L predictions before the start of FA and the draft that forecasts an 8-8 season. 

Summarizes these same predictions in the very next sentence by claiming the Jet will go 9-7 (?). 

Wants Gase fired after a hypothetical winning season. 

Good thread. 

You consider missing the playoffs a winning season ? 

Do you understand that I am predicting 8/8 to 9/7 with a top defense and bottom rung offense ??? Would you not consider that team's OC/HC to be culpable ??? 

Is your capacity for observation and cognitive thinking sufficient enough to realize that the Jets would have lost even more of their games this past season if Greg Williams was not absolutely masterful in directing the Jets defense ???

Did you not observe how much better the Jets offensive line looked after Darnold had his "talk" with Gase ??? They switched from a zone scheme to a much more aggressive man blocking scheme ??? They moved the pocket for Darnold and they looked a lot better in the run game.

Did it cross your mind that the line looked so bad because your hero Gase does not know what he has to work with and how best to use it ???

Gase is not an effective HC or OC for that matter.  If they go 8/8 9/7, it is because Greg William is holding Gase's ass up above water.

Enjoy your 8/8 - 9/7 Jets that dont make the playoffs.  Make all the excuses you want for that charlatan, Gase

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If the Jets go 9-7, they will have won more games then they lost. 

That is the definition of a “winning season” 

Technically, 9/7 is a winning season.  I stand corrected.  As the other poster states, it may be a winning season by the numbers, but not successful.  

I also left out the compelling fact about Gase...

He's rich... 

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

No way. If you can't just look at a list of teams, and tell me what the Jets record will be without knowing what the Jets or their opponents will do in the off season, then I have no use for you.?.

Actually, if you know who the Jet's HC is (GASE), you can make a fair assumption that they wont be having a *successful* season regardless of FA and the draft... 

For now, we can only hope that JD makes good decisions and that the roster and cap situation will be in good shape when CJ finally sees the light and sends Gase to Pop Warner

8 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Technically, 9/7 is a winning season.  I stand corrected.  As the other poster states, it may be a winning season by the numbers, but not successful.  

I also left out the compelling fact about Gase...

He's rich... 

My larger point is that game by game predictions before free agency and the draft are meaningless and silly, but I understand, Gase sucks 

• Upvote 1

124JETS.jpg

We finished 6-2 which means next year is 12-4. 

We were 5-1 at home with healthy Darnold this year.  Next year’s home schedule is actually easier. 

On the road, assumes we go a reasonable 2-2 out west and beat the pedestrian Dolphins, Colts, and Bills, teams Sam has already beaten.   

SAR I

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

My larger point is that game by game predictions before free agency and the draft are meaningless and silly, but I understand, Gase sucks 

indeed. cos lsighltly below 500 is suck for gase. but is indication of an hof career for babysam and his ghosts