XFL Starts Play This Weekend

Warfish

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I also remember hearing @SAR I  told MetLife and NY Jets management he didn't want blue collar XFL fans sitting in his seats. 

It's ridiculous that you can "own a seat" but only for the Jets.  It should be for every event the stadium has.  Of course, that couldn't work with 2 NFL teams selling PSLs.

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Considering more than half our roster might be replaced this season there's a good chance JD is in the NY Jets luxury box as we speak. 

Honestly an offseason league is a great idea.   I hope the XFL stays. And I've often thought a G league type/ off season compition to augment pro offenses is greatly needed.  You have a ton of markets (esp on the west coast)  that are losing football fans... I mean look at MLS success.  A minor league football would go along way to improving the NFL's labor pool.  It's probably cost prohibitive but at some point it does make sense.  If the XFL fulfills that promise then I am all for it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's ridiculous that you can "own a seat" but only for the Jets.  It should be for every event the stadium has.  Of course, that couldn't work with 2 NFL teams selling PSLs.

Im sure NY Jets PSL owners were offered XFL tickets. 

Anyone with PSL's care to comment on that. 

Not going to lie. 

The XFL is great for what it is. I'm enjoying every bit of it. The rule changes are just enough to keep it fresh without changing it into a different game. 

The NFL should absolutely absorb this as a developmental league. With that being said, it would be extremely difficult for that to happen with the CBA. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When the current MSG opened they sold seats that were good for every event they held, sports, circus, concerts, whatever. They actually sold a lot of them, mostly to corporate entities of course. 

11 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Looks silly with the empty decks and the crowd will never be big enough to fill an NFL size stadium.  MLS stadiums are more appropriate but I read that the Red Bulls had the right to block football being played there. Well at least it is not in Downing Stadium. 

Are you saying the XFL needs to put asses in the seats?

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

That's like saying,

"Look, that's the tallest Pigmy I've ever seen"

"Hey, that guy is the politest Flyers fan I ever ran across"

"That was the highest quality Big Mac I ever had" 

Sounds like they've got a much better shot at surviving. Having McMahon as the owner probably made that so in the first place.