XFL Starts Play This Weekend

Warfish

@The Crusher

The 5 most mouth-watering things NFL fans can eat at MetLife Stadium

20170815_120957.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
11218827_1653821114855641_553053569454999342_n.jpg?w=48&h=48&crop=1
August 15, 2017 3:51 pm

EAST RUTHERFORD — Even if the New York Jets aren’t going to be very good this season, at least MetLife Stadium will offer some great gameday grub to enjoy while you watch Gang Green in 2017.

We were invited to the Jets’ “upfront” event to sample some of the food offered at Jets games this fall and came away impressed … and stuffed. Here are the five best things we ate, along with an honorable mention:

1. The Fat Rooster Hot Chicken Sandwich

20170815_120957.jpg?w=1000&h=563

It seems a bunch of stadiums — including Citi Field, with the Fuku sandwich — are trying a crispy chicken sandwich, but I’m here to make a bold claim that one might be the best of the lot. It’s crunchy, spicy, salty thanks to the pickles, has a vinegar kick with an apple cider slaw and it’s served on a Hawaiian bun. Phenomenal.

2. Grater Mac Shop’s “Mexi Veg” mac and cheese

20170815_121007.jpg?w=1000&h=1785

There are four different mac and cheese offerings we could try: An all-cheese option, one with ground beef and onions, a “meat lovers” that included pepperoni and sausage and this one. It has corn, calabaza, hot peppers, scallions and cilantro, topped with crumbled tortilla chips. I was super intrigued and asked one of the servers for her favorite. She named this one and I see why — it tastes like soft nachos with heat. A surprisingly great combination.

3. The “Kitchen Sink” sandwich

20170815_120947.jpg?w=1000&h=563This is chicken sausage, sweet sausage, hot dogs, peppers and onions, cherry peppers, fried potatoes and a red wine aoli. And it lives up to the name because it’s got everything but …

4. The Barbecue Shack pulled pork platter

20170815_120019.jpg?w=1000&h=563

It’s not the craziest stadium meal you’ll ever have (pulled pork, sausage, cole slaw, pickles, corn bread and bacon), but the plate includes thick-cut slab bacon, which makes it a winner in my book.

5. A S’mores pie epanada

20170815_124300.jpg?w=1000&h=563

I love S’mores and I love empanadas. Put them together and you have heaven.

2 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i  like how we get to see and hear the replay review process

The entire replay setup is infinitely better than NFL's.  If they rip anything off from XFL, that should be the very first thing, especially given what an unmitigated disaster league officiating has been these past few years.

• Upvote 1

I watched some of yesterday's games, all of the NY/TB game, and will watch at least some of the next game......that's way more than I watched of the AAFL or whatever it was called.

Instead of McGloin i wish we had Cardale Jones at QB because he's more fun to watch, but NY has a very good Defense so far, which I also enjoy watching.

We'll see how viewership goes as the season progresses.... but I anticipate following the league at least casually.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The entire replay setup is infinitely better than NFL's.  If they rip anything off from XFL, that should be the very first thing, especially given what an unmitigated disaster league officiating has been these past few years.

This will never happen.  

As it is, the league has the convenience of anonymity when they make a bad call. They can simply hide, apologize to the teams, and issue a press release after the bad call. 

If they start showing their decision making process on live TV, whoever is making the final call will get taken to task by every team/fan on the losing side of a 50/50 or blown call, demanding their head on a pike. 

They would end up firing 700 refs. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I'll have to go back and check the stats.. Ummmm.  Oh yeah, they didnt exist this weekend.

So far the only team that has played well on both sides of the ball. Also the only team to not give up a TD all game. 

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

So far the only team that has played well on both sides of the ball. Also the only team to not give up a TD all game. 

Would be poetic if we pulled some players from another pro football team in NY.  Didnt the SB era Jets pull some players from the Giants?

21 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This will never happen.  

As it is, the league has the convenience of anonymity when they make a bad call. They can simply hide, apologize to the teams, and issue a press release after the bad call. 

If they start showing their decision making process on live TV, whoever is making the final call will get taken to task by every team/fan on the losing side of a 50/50 or blown call, demanding their head on a pike. 

They would end up firing 700 refs. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think it would ever actually happen, but that's for the same exact reason it absolutely should... accountability, something the NFL has never ever held itself nor its officials to.