Edge rushers and CBS 2nd/3rd round....

Beerfish

38 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have like Bradlee Anae as a day 2 pass rusher for awhile, then he blew people's doors off at the Senior Bowl and now will probably go higher than I would want the Jets to take him. If he's still there at top of 3rd round, fire away.

I agree on Anae.  Also Josh Uche from Michigan really showed out at the Senior Bowl:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4046528/josh-uche

In fact Anae and Uche were on the same team and were taking turns sacking the QB's

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KRL said:

I agree on Anae.  Also Josh Uche from Michigan really showed out at the Senior Bowl:

In fact Anae and Uche were on the same team and were taking turns sacking the QB's

One has to be a bit careful there also as the O tackle play in that game was the worst I have seen at one of these bowl games.

• Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, derp said:

Edge rushers are one of the few positions athleticism is legitimately important and the combine should be telling there. Corner class seems to be all over the place aside from Okudah. Gladney from TCU seems like a fun prospect though.

I heard a Pod where they said CB is fairly deep besides Okudah but that the order after him is totally up in the air

I know it is not gonna happen, but I really want to see Douglas spend all 4 premium picks on offense.  I would love to see two WRs and 2 OL picked with the first 4 picks.  Defense was good last year, offense was awful.  It is time to make a major investment in young talent on the offensive side of the ball.

• Upvote 3

I really like Weaver out of Boise State. Love his build, strength, explosiveness and relentless motor. 

As far as CB, AJ Terrell is the guy to keep an eye on if he falls out of the first round. Great man cover CB prospect. Nice size/length, ball skills and has all the tools to be a shut down CB at the next level. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

I know it is not gonna happen, but I really want to see Douglas spend all 4 premium picks on offense.  I would love to see two WRs and 2 OL picked with the first 4 picks.  Defense was good last year, offense was awful.  It is time to make a major investment in young talent on the offensive side of the ball.

I would not be at all surprised if it DID happen. Just depends on how FA goes. If we strike out of fortifying the O-line in FA and end up with borderline starter talent JD will def draft O-line early and often. And you have to assume we draft a WR with one of those picks as well. Could very well end up being LT, C (lets say Biadazs is there), WR, G...or something similar. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, KRL said:

I really like what Ive read about Anae and he seems like someone who is a better football player then he is track start and will be available in the 2nd round because he doesnt have Von Miller type speed off the edge but will still be a productive edge rusher.  

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

trading for ngakoue wouldn’t be a bad option either... although it’s probably going to cost at least one 2nd round pick

Ngakoue is a FA and the Jags are currently over the cap. I don't think they'll be able to cut thatttt many players to allow then a tag and trade.