Nelson Agholor

Rhg1084

This guy recounts the story of how they were rescuing babies that we're being thrown out of a window to save them from a fire and "we were catching them, unlike Agholor and his mishaps.  I'd like to put that out there". 

To steal a line from hockey, this guy is a "certified beauty".

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Looks like he will be hitting the market. Should the Jets look into him as an additional weapon for Sam? Obviously he’s had issues with drops but the kid is talented. 

He is just a wr3 looking for Wr1 money just like robby. We should not be seriously looking at him, a rookie in the first or 2nd round is far better upside and value.

No 

There are literally only 2 FA WR’s that I would pay more than $6-8 million a year.

Amari Cooper and Robby Anderson. And maybe Sammy Watkins if the Chiefs cut him loose.

Agholor is primarily a slot receiver who has a major issue with focus drops.

Why pay him $8+ million a year when we just brought in Crowder who, IMO, is the better player?

• Upvote 2

I went to happy hour on Friday with a Eagles fan friend of mine.  We were discussing NFL free agency.  I said the Jets two biggest needs are Offensive Line and WR.

He says WR is a huge need for the Eagles and a reason their offense regressed this year.  Opponents were all focusing on Ertz, Agholor was dropping passes, DeSean Jackson was hurt, etc.

He said one of the keys to the Eagles free agency is getting rid of Agholor and upgrading WR by adding a guy like Robby Anderson.

giphy-13.gif.d0d1f1f14cbabaffdc77d3f2d689d616.gif

He described a great Eagles offseason as one where they keep Alshon Jeffrey, sign Robby Anderson, and draft somebody like Tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson in the Draft.

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

No 

There are literally only 2 FA WR’s that I would pay more than $6-8 million a year.

Amari Cooper and Robby Anderson. And maybe Sammy Watkins if the Chiefs cut him loose.

Agholor is primarily a slot receiver who has a major issue with focus drops.

Why pay him 8+ million a year when we just brought in Crowder who, IMO, is the better player?

I think AJ Green has an elite year or two left in him

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Laugh at the “do not want crowd.”

There is a huge amount of green grass between “can help the Jets” and “worthless.” We have the easiest team to upgrade. I guess that’s the silver lining.

That’s my point. We had Demarius Thomas playing significant amounts of snaps last year. I’m not saying sign Agholor to be the #1 guy. But he could be a good depth guy. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Looks like he will be hitting the market. Should the Jets look into him as an additional weapon for Sam? Obviously he’s had issues with drops but the kid is talented. 

What makes him talented? 

5 years in the league.. Never broke 800 yards receiving. 

Nothing but a depth option for teams.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This guy recounts the story of how they were rescuing babies that we're being thrown out of a window to save them from a fire and "we were catching them, unlike Agholor and his mishaps.  I'd like to put that out there". 

To steal a line from hockey, this guy is a "certified beauty".

I was going to post this, you beat me to it. This was hysterical!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I was going to post this, you beat me to it. This was hysterical!

That does sound like it belongs in a receivers coach's box of motivational tools.  "Son, concentrate on the football like it's a baby being thrown out of a burning high-rise and only you can save it".