Jets Can’t Afford Repeat of Idzik Disaster With Deep Receiver Class

JetNation

On 2/9/2020 at 11:25 AM, Beerfish said:

Martavius bryant was about the only wr in the idzik draft that was a lot better than the sanders and evans duo.

What? 

Pryor with Cooks on the board, plus Kelvin Benjamin, Paul Richardson, Jordan Matthews and Marquise Lee.

Amaro with Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, and Allen Robinson on the board.

McDougle with Moncrief on the board, plus Josh Huff and John Brown.

Sanders with Ellington on the board - the Jets actually had Ellington in, but he certainly was "a lot better than the sanders and evens duo."  Even on his own. 

Campanaro was on the board when Evans was picked and he is a better returner and WR than Sanders.  

Hurns, Snead and Philly Brown were all undrafted and considerably better than both of those stiffs combined.  Better than Enunwa too since Enunwa is made of glass. 

That doesn't even mention that Mike Evans, Watkins and Beckham went before the Pryor pick, and the Jets had ample opportunity to move up for Beckham at least if they actually liked him. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

What? 

Pryor with Cooks on the board, plus Kelvin Benjamin, Paul Richardson, Jordan Matthews and Marquise Lee.

Amaro with Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, and Allen Robinson on the board.

McDougle with Moncrief on the board, plus Josh Huff and John Brown.

Sanders with Ellington on the board - the Jets actually had Ellington in, but he certainly was "a lot better than the sanders and evens duo."  Even on his own. 

Campanaro was on the board when Evans was picked and he is a better returner and WR than Sanders.  

Hurns, Snead and Philly Brown were all undrafted and considerably better than both of those stiffs combined.  Better than Enunwa too since Enunwa is made of glass. 

That doesn't even mention that Mike Evans, Watkins and Beckham went before the Pryor pick, and the Jets had ample opportunity to move up for Beckham at least if they actually liked him. 

You and the previous poster that replied to me totally changed the discussion in mid stream.  My post very obviously was ONLY looking at wrs drafted after the ones taken by idzik and maccagnan as in the draft plays out just as it did until the point they both decided to take a wr.

If you want to open the whole discussion up on every single pick and who should have been taken instead we can do that as well. 

McCagnan would still be far worse than Idzik in that regard as well.

IMHO, this aint the time to think about the luxury of offensive skill position.  Unless JD picks up three *QUALIFIED* offensive lineman in FA, he had best use his first round pick on an offensive lineman. 

I will say it again...

QB's cant pass the ball to even the best WR's in the league if they are eating turf or being wheeled out on a plank.

The Jets offensive line situation is a crisis.  

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You and the previous poster that replied to me totally changed the discussion in mid stream.  My post very obviously was ONLY looking at wrs drafted after the ones taken by idzik and maccagnan as in the draft plays out just as it did until the point they both decided to take a wr.

If you want to open the whole discussion up on every single pick and who should have been taken instead we can do that as well. 

McCagnan would still be far worse than Idzik in that regard as well.

I don't give a sh*t which one was worse.  They both sucked donkey balls.  I just read your first sentence and became incensed.  I stand by that feeling.  We all bash Maccagnan for a box safety at the top of the first.  If picking Adams was so bad, what is taking Calvin ******* Pryor in the middle of the first?  When  you need WRs?  **** them both in the eye!

• Upvote 1