Our offense used to be fun

jetsjets

17 minutes ago, jetsjets said:

https://youtu.be/VEHH1Wgd5Dw

I was reminiscing back to the time I enjoyed watching our offense. Not the clearest video but man.......were we good. Three good wide receivers, two good running backs, awesome TE and a offensive line the that hit and blocked. Hope you guys enjoy the video 

You had me going until you referred to Dustin Keller as 'awesome TE'.  He was good but that's as far as you can go with him.  But that was a fun offense and the SD game was one of my favorite Jet games ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We haven't been an Offensive team since the 1980's (where we had 3 top 10 Offenses between 1979 and 1989, with two 11'th place and a 13th place as well over that time).

I'm with you on your point

... can't let that '98 season slip through the cracks tho  :)

(4th ranked ypg & 5th ranked ppg)

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Freeman McNeil

Wesley Walker

Al Toon

Mickey Shuler. 

My favorite Jets offense.

If only we actually drafted Marino...

I was fully convinced that was the offense he was referring to. The only other acceptable answer would've been the Parcells/Vinny 1998 team (unless we're going back to Namath).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetsjets said:

https://youtu.be/VEHH1Wgd5Dw

I was reminiscing back to the time I enjoyed watching our offense. Not the clearest video but man.......were we good. Three good wide receivers, two good running backs, awesome TE and a offensive line the that hit and blocked. Hope you guys enjoy the video 

Notice how good the line is.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, nico002 said:

Mark doesn’t get the credit he deserves for his playoff performances. He has a great careers worth of playoff success even if his career as a starter was mediocre.

His career at starter was an abortion.  His playoff numbers were mediocre at best.

Sheesh, you're the worst at evalutating QBs, even in hindsight.  Is it a USC thing?

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

Since 1990 (30 Years), we have finished in the top 10 in Offense......4 times.

4 lousy times.

Over that same span, we finished 20 or lower (mostly much lower) 19 times.  19 friggin times. Thats close to 66%.  

That "good, fun" era you're nostaglic about?

We finished 20th, 11th, 25th and 30th with Sanchez as our #1 QB.  That's pathetic.

We haven't been an Offensive team since the 1980's (where we had 3 top 10 Offenses between 1979 and 1989, with two 11'th place and a 13th place as well over that time).

Lets face it, we have been one of the all-time worst Offensive teams in the NFL over the past 30 years.  The worst and most consistently bad.

We suck at offense.  It must change.  Period.

Ok so we’ll put you down as a definitely not for the Jet’s fun offense nostalgic mixer and corn hole spectacular. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ok so we’ll put you down as a definitely not for the Jet’s fun offense nostalgic mixer and corn hole spectacular. 

Oh, I'm the lead cheerleader for "making our offense fun again", to steal and abuse a phrase.

It's amazing when you really look at just how pathetic the Jets have been on offense, and how consistently bad, over that 30 year period.

You might think Management might see that, and try and do something about it somewhere along the way, but especially today.  

I sure hope Douglas isn;t just the next Idzik/Macc, etc.  And starts building an offense for a change.

With that said, I have very little faith that Gase will ever Head Coach a top 10 offense, so.....yeah.  Pessimism ftl.

• Post of the Week 1

The offense was fun in 2015 with Fitzpatrick, Marshall, Decker, and Ivory.  It was also fun in 2008 with Favre, Jones, Coles, Cotchery, and Keller.  Unfortunately, these were both 1 year flash in the pan type of seasons.

In no way, shape, or form were the Mark Sanchez lead offenses fun.  In fact, they were mostly brutal to watch outside of a few solid playoff games.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Freeman McNeil

Wesley Walker

Al Toon

Mickey Shuler. 

My favorite Jets offense.

If only we actually drafted Marino...

if the Jets drafted Marino and the Dolphins drafted O'Brien, both QB's would have "executive level" stats and still *NO* Super Bowl rings.