My experience at the Guardians opener

joebabyny

Cool story.  I chose to follow the Guardians because they are the closest, and for being a Jets fan, so NY fits.  Also Love the name and theme of the team too so it all works.

I was with the girlfriend today so I didn't get a chance to catch the game like yesterdays games.  I may try to make it out to a game one day to watch it especially since it isn't that cost prohibitive.

• Upvote 2

So far the Guardians  look like the best NY football team in any league. 

That’s funny.
My son has been pretty excited to catch on to something from the beginning and looked forward to watching the XFL games. We are still deciding whether to be NY Guardian or DC Defenders fans. Good thing is both won and they are the least ridiculous unis in my opinion.

But right after the long bomb drive and the subsequent TD pass by the guardians my wife stopped by and said “hey maybe you guys could actually root for a winning football for once!”
Friggin Ravens fans!

The divorce papers are being written up today.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

That’s funny.
My son has been pretty excited to catch on to something from the beginning and looked forward to watching the XFL games. We are still deciding whether to be NY Guardian or DC Defenders fans. Good thing is both won and they are the least ridiculous unis in my opinion.

But right after the long bomb drive and the subsequent TD pass by the guardians my wife stopped by and said “hey maybe you guys could actually root for a winning football for once!”
Friggin Ravens fans!

The divorce papers are being written up today. emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

DC Defenders 4 Life.

Apart from the Jets, I'm very happy to root against anyone or anything from the State of New York (or New Jersey), sports wise.  

Nats > Mets

Caps > Rangers/Islanders

Wiza.....ah, screw that, they all suck too much to care.

And now, for as long as it lasts, Defenders > Guardians.

Funny tho how their names are basically the same thing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Hoping to get to a game.  My first favorite FB team was the Generals

NJ Generals.......used to go to those games fun in the sun. Walt coached them...

Roger Ruzek K December 17, 1960 73 195 Weber St.
Jeff Spek TE October 1, 1960 75 240 UNLV
Vince Stroth T-G-TE November 25, 1960 76 267 BYU
Herschel Walker RB March 3, 1962 73 225 Georgia
Emanuel Weaver NT June 28, 1960 76 260 South Carolina St.
Mike Weddington LB October 9, 1960 76 245 Oklahoma
Tom Woodland DT January 7, 1959 73 270 Missouri
Doug Woodward QB September 12, 1958 75 196 Pace
Kari Yli-Renko T,T/G November 17, 1959 77 271 Cincinnati

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I support Jets tailgating being cut back to 3 hours.

SAR I

I suggested to the NY Jets tailgate only parking closer to the stadium and just a park and lock enter game lot back behind the horse stables at the race track. 

People who don't tailgate could use the walk to think about all their troubles and why they don't have friends and family to tailgate with.

joewilly12

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

DC Defenders 4 Life.

Apart from the Jets, I'm very happy to root against anyone or anything from the State of New York (or New Jersey), sports wise.  

Nats > Mets

Caps > Rangers/Islanders

Wiza.....ah, screw that, they all suck too much to care.

And now, for as long as it lasts, Defenders > Guardians.

Funny tho how their names are basically the same thing.

haha. Such great points. I didn't even put the name thing together.  The San Diego Sentries are next. :) 

Ya know what? I am actually leaning toward the Defenders for the reason you outlined. I'm a friggin prisoner to NY/NJ/BK sports having lived up there most of my life. This is a great opportunity man!  I'm FREEEEEEEEE!!!! 

DC DEFENDERS 4 life!!!   hahaha 

Although... the Guardians sure did look pretty good!   Hmmm  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, sourceworx said:

North Jersey is more NY than you could ever hope to be. Buffalo, with it's rust belt problems and lake effect snow isn't NY, it's an afterthought.

It's so cute that somebody from north Jersey thinks he can actually talk smack about someone ELSE'S city. 

Buffalo may have snow (oh no, snow! What EVER will I do?!) and suffer through various economic problems, but at least the entire city doesn't smell like a dirty diaper swimming in a see of toxic waste. I've been all over this country, and north Jersey is just one of the grossest, dirtiest, most horrendous places there is. And you want to talk smack about western New York? Sure man, good luck with that.

Speaking of which New York team is best, it took Sam Darnold until week 9 of the season to have as many wins in MetLife Stadium as Josh Allen had there by the end of week 2. Fun season, wasn't it?

3 hours ago, JoshAllenSZN said:

It's so cute that somebody from north Jersey thinks he can actually talk smack about someone ELSE'S city. 

Buffalo may have snow (oh no, snow! What EVER will I do?!) and suffer through various economic problems, but at least the entire city doesn't smell like a dirty diaper swimming in a see of toxic waste. I've been all over this country, and north Jersey is just one of the grossest, dirtiest, most horrendous places there is. And you want to talk smack about western New York? Sure man, good luck with that.

Speaking of which New York team is best, it took Sam Darnold until week 9 of the season to have as many wins in MetLife Stadium as Josh Allen had there by the end of week 2. Fun season, wasn't it?

Please tell as many people you can that, TIA.

3 hours ago, JoshAllenSZN said:

north Jersey is just one of the grossest, dirtiest, most horrendous places there is. 

Obviously you've only been to Jersey City and not explored anywhere else in Northern Jersey.  Where I grew up we were surrounded by beautiful trees and wildlife.  Night and day difference from the northern Jersey you're talking about, which is accurate.

In short, GFY.  You have a RB at QB and you live in Siberia.  

• Sympathy 1