Cromartie, of all people, says Gase should be replaced

Dcat

11 hours ago, TeddEY said:

It is hard to figure why Gase didn't keep feeding Bell and his 3.2 YPC

What’s funny about this is that it really is hard for people.

I have probably not heard a more common (football related) complaint about Gase in the media than him being supposedly being unwilling to use Bell in his offense. 

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

What’s funny about this is that it really is hard for people.

I have probably not heard a more common (football related) complaint about Gase in the media than him being supposedly being unwilling to use Bell in his offense. 

How many 2nd & 11 scenarios did you want to put Darnold in if you kept giving the ball to Bell?

At some point someone told Bell to stop dancing around behind this sh*tty Oline & start finding a crease quickly & take what you can get. 

Instead of killing Gase why don't we give him credit for pushing a strong minded very expensive veteran to stop doing things HIS WAY and get on board with doing what's best for the TEAM overall. Does anyone think Belichick is LOVED? He's respected, but he does things his way that benefit the team. If you ad lib he trades you like he did to Collins a couple of years ago. I'm sure when they resigned Collins last year they asked him if he was now ON BOARD with what they expect from him. 

Gase didn't want Bell at the price the Jets paid & he was 100% right in his assessment of our situation. That alone gives me hope. 

• WTF? 1

10 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It’s truly pathetic how quickly “6-2” has become the new “winningest QB in Jets postseason history”.

Beating up a few tomato cans whilst giving two winless teams their first Ws is very impressive. I think he deserves a year without the albatross of Macc hanging around his neck, but if the team isn't markedly improved especially on offense, then its time to move on. 

On 2/10/2020 at 7:18 PM, FidelioJet said:

Gase isn’t a good Coach but not using Bell is not one of the reasons why. 
Bell’s done - was clearly too slow to be an effective NFL RB.  

No Bell had a done offensive line. Douglas will get it fixed and Bell will be good again.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:58 AM, KRL said:

Agreed!!!  Bienemy has had a lot of interviews over the the past two years
(Jets included) and hasn't been close to getting a HC job.  Why???  He either
doesn't interview well or isn't really the OC

EB deserves his chance he worked thru the ranks and has worked in better offenses ranked hire then Gase. Someone called him an intern to Reid what does that make  Gase and intern Peyton Manning?

because without a HOF qb gase has done crap, celebrating 6-2 and ignoring facts like the time he lost to 2 win-less teams or for him being and offensive Guru his offense has ranked in the bottom 3 in the league for a few yrs now is is something to to celebrate?

You may not like but Cromartie is right, I would take the opinion of someone who played at a high level and has better insight into this then most of the posters on this board.

If you think he is wrong rather then insulting the intelligence of the player, try to argue his facts with facts about Bells touches going down  an what not. 

This undeserved gase love is sickening

On 2/11/2020 at 9:41 AM, freestater said:

Beating up a few tomato cans whilst giving two winless teams their first Ws is very impressive. I think he deserves a year without the albatross of Macc hanging around his neck, but if the team isn't markedly improved especially on offense, then its time to move on. 

I agree with most of this but Gase help contribute to this mess last yr he is absolved of nothing,Did Mac have his issues yes but gase was here all off season if he saw issues he should have fixed them that is what he is paid for. Hell he was even GM for bit he could have tried to upgrade the oline so that mess is partly his making

On 2/11/2020 at 6:33 AM, Jetster said:

How many 2nd & 11 scenarios did you want to put Darnold in if you kept giving the ball to Bell?

At some point someone told Bell to stop dancing around behind this sh*tty Oline & start finding a crease quickly & take what you can get. 

Instead of killing Gase why don't we give him credit for pushing a strong minded very expensive veteran to stop doing things HIS WAY and get on board with doing what's best for the TEAM overall. Does anyone think Belichick is LOVED? He's respected, but he does things his way that benefit the team. If you ad lib he trades you like he did to Collins a couple of years ago. I'm sure when they resigned Collins last year they asked him if he was now ON BOARD with what they expect from him. 

Gase didn't want Bell at the price the Jets paid & he was 100% right in his assessment of our situation. That alone gives me hope. 

This makes almost no sense if it is second and 11 why the f are you running? that is no excuse for not giving Bell the ball in running situations, instead wait for him to miss a game and run it 30 times? Your argument alone is lost on that one game about running the ball.

Gase had an Agenda and he pushed as the coach. He did that at the expense of the team and the fans, he never tried to use Bell  correctly because of this agenda and it could have cost them games and people are happy with that........ 

3 minutes ago, rammagen said:

This makes almost no sense if it is second and 11 why the f are you running? that is no excuse for not giving Bell the ball in running situations, instead wait for him to miss a game and run it 30 times? Your argument alone is lost on that one game about running the ball.

Gase had an Agenda and he pushed as the coach. He did that at the expense of the team and the fans, he never tried to use Bell  correctly because of this agenda and it could have cost them games and people are happy with that........ 

Sometimes I wonder, however, it is hard to believe. Bell should be gone if it can be done under this premise.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:34 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, HBO apparently told him to list his kids slowly, making it seem like he couldn't remember them all.

Granted, Cromartie was too dumb to see what they were trying to do at the time.  

Also too dumb to remember all his kids no matter what tempo he's listing them off. He had a lot of kids, even back then, but it's not like there were 40 of them. 

At least he's (allegedly) one of the not-dumb ones and saved his money. Granted a bunch is going to child support, but he's made plenty enough (almost $50MM before taxes, not including any endorsements/appearances) to go around for that -- even if he did have 40 kids. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, rammagen said:

I agree with most of this but Gase help contribute to this mess last yr he is absolved of nothing,Did Mac have his issues yes but gase was here all off season if he saw issues he should have fixed them that is what he is paid for. Hell he was even GM for bit he could have tried to upgrade the oline so that mess is partly his making

Not only this, but remember..Gase switched up the o-line week 1 to a group that had never worked together in any game situation. That was after the guys who looked *at least* serviceable through 4 weeks of preseason. Then he hands a retired guy the keys to protecting our most valuable asset and getting him the ball. That right there is a fireable offense in my mind. Then his handpicked backup QBs suck at a historical (hysterical) level. In fact except for Darnold, every injury on offense just forced Gase to get rid of underperforming vets that he clung to disturbingly like his predecessor. Unlike GW who took lesser talent and made chicken salad out of chicken sh**. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, freestater said:

Not only this, but remember..Gase switched up the o-line week 1 to a group that had never worked together in any game situation. That was after the guys who looked *at least* serviceable through 4 weeks of preseason. Then he hands a retired guy the keys to protecting our most valuable asset and getting him the ball. That right there is a fireable offense in my mind. Then his handpicked backup QBs suck at a historical (hysterical) level. In fact except for Darnold, every injury on offense just forced Gase to get rid of underperforming vets that he clung to disturbingly like his predecessor. Unlike GW who took lesser talent and made chicken salad out of chicken sh**. 

Exactly this guy is no genius more then  likely he has been cashing in on having a hall of fame Qb for the last 5 yrs that would audible out of most plays he sent in.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Saw this tweet this morning.  Might she's some light as to why Bieniemy is being overlooked for NFL head coaching positions:

Some of this kind of stuff has been said about Adam Gase too.  How he alienates the non-QBs on his roster and isn't like by his players.  Yet he has an NFL HC job.  Granted, he's not a good HC, but he still got hired.  By 2 different NFL teams.

Bieniemy was last an OC at Colorado in 2012, and he was only there 1 season.  Since then he's become Andy Reid's choice to get "groomed" to becoming a HC, much like he did with Doug Pederson.  I'll trust Andy Reid over some anonymous player.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Some of this kind of stuff has been said about Adam Gase too.  How he alienates the non-QBs on his roster and isn't like by his players.  Yet he has an NFL HC job.  Granted, he's not a good HC, but he still got hired.  By 2 different NFL teams.

Haha, Gase being hired by two of the worst franchises in all of sports should be viewed at face value: garbage decisions. They shouldn’t be viewed as reasons why it’s feasible for someone with Gase’s traits to attain similar jobs!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Haha, Gase being hired by two of the worst franchises in all of sports should be viewed at face value: garbage decisions. They shouldn’t be viewed as reasons why it’s feasible for someone with Gase’s traits to attain similar jobs!

There are a lot of dumb franchises out there, and I know there are a lot of other examples like Gase.  I'm just saying that if a guy like Gase can rise to that level, then Bieniemy, who I think will make a significantly better HC than Gase, ought to get that chance too.  Hell, they're saying he's not even good enough to be a COLLEGE head coach now.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bieniemy was last an OC at Colorado in 2012, and he was only there 1 season.  Since then he's become Andy Reid's choice to get "groomed" to becoming a HC, much like he did with Doug Pederson.  I'll trust Andy Reid over some anonymous player.  

Gase, from what I've gathered over the years now, is hit or miss with his players.  QBs love him, and its kind of a split with everyone else.  One thing I noticed here is that it's players that loved Todd Bowles and his loose culture that aren't a fan of Gase (ex. Quincy Enunwa), so it may boil down to a discipline issue.  Regardless, I get your point.  However, as @greenwichjetfan said, I would think that a coach with those traits would be ideal for a team looking to avoid a coach like Adam Gase.

Addressing your second point, as I've mentioned before, being chosen by Reid to be groomed doesn't mean anything significant.  Nagy was also chosen by Reid to be groomed and right now that doesn't look so great.  Brad Childress and Pat Shurmer too. The facts are that Bieniemy has one year of actually calling the plays and that was at CU, where he was a disaster.  He also has had massive off the field issues.  Now we're hearing that when he was an OC at his Alma Mater, he was absolutely despised by his players.  Not to defend Gase because I truly dont know how I feel about him right now, but why does he get lambasted for being hated and Bieniemy gets a pass?  Because Andy likes him?  Reid liking him means nothing.  BB loves Josh McDaniels and he's shown that he is the a-hole of all a-holes. 

To be honest, I'm inclined to believe this because there has to be a reason why Bieniemy isn't closing job opportunities after interviewing.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm just saying that if a guy like Gase can rise to that level, then...

You mean someone mentored by Lou Saban, Steve Mariucci, and Mike Martz, who worked with Josh McDaniels and Peyton Manning, who then went on to build a Super Bowl offense in Denver and direct Miami to a 10 win playoff season, their only playoff appearance in the last decade?

"Rise to that level" indeed.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, freestater said:

Tom Moore and Gase...two guys who built an entire career off of saying, "Yes, Peyton. "

Tom Moore helped elevate our offense to the number one Red Zone offense in the league with Mark Sanchez at QB in 2011.  He also helped Bruce Arians revive the career of Carson Palmer in Arizona.