Prediction: Bitcoin Will Hit $100,000 by the end of 2021

25 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I believe crypto is here to stay, that it will be part of a new financial paradigm very soon, but I’d invest in projects like XRP, XLM, QNT than dinosaurs like Bitcoin. Jmo 

I've made some nice gains in sh*tcoins but that's exactly what they are. Bitcoin is the real innovation and gift to humanity. Most sh*tcoins are centralized garbage whose real purpose is to enrich the founders.

Speaking of garbage, I made my first NFT.

https://pool.pm/43d86eea7a05fe33da80a36618ca0ae07b8de3ba4e690c11f61bc7a9.FiatDevil

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've made some nice gains in sh*tcoins but that's exactly what they are. Bitcoin is the real innovation and gift to humanity. Most sh*tcoins are centralized garbage whose real purpose is to enrich the founders.

Speaking of garbage, I made my first NFT.

https://pool.pm/43d86eea7a05fe33da80a36618ca0ae07b8de3ba4e690c11f61bc7a9.FiatDevil

I’m not talking About sh*tcoins and agree 90% won’t make it but Bitcoin is basically just the first sh*tcoin with no utility and basically every Ethereum competitor has a stronger…faster utility etc. NOT saying Bit will become obsolete and will probably remain the standard but there will be a shift imo. Financial utility platforms like Quant, XRP, XLM, transactional/payment coins like AMP, ACH and COTI, then probably add Metaverse/NFT platforms like MANA, SAND, ENJ, GALA along with transactional platforms within the metaverse like REQ and FIL….and if ETH is to survive L2’s like LRC and MATIC…and new innovation not even here yet whether Web3’s Like HNT, GRT etc or Enterprise coins like ALBT, UDO etc…. 

32 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’m not talking About sh*tcoins and agree 90% won’t make it but Bitcoin is basically just the first sh*tcoin with no utility and basically every Ethereum competitor has a stronger…faster utility etc. NOT saying Bit will become obsolete and will probably remain the standard but there will be a shift imo. Financial utility platforms like Quant, XRP, XLM, transactional/payment coins like AMP, ACH and COTI, then probably add Metaverse/NFT platforms like MANA, SAND, ENJ, GALA along with transactional platforms within the metaverse like REQ and FIL….and if ETH is to survive L2’s like LRC and MATIC…and new innovation not even here yet whether Web3’s Like HNT, GRT etc or Enterprise coins like ALBT, UDO etc…. 

Ethereum is centralized garbage with no max supply that was once rolled back to reverse transactions. I made a bunch of money on Ethereum and don't fault anyone for trying to make money on it but it's real garbage. Xrp is also centralized garbage.

Do you understand what bitcoin solved? Like, do you really grasp the gravity of what it did and is doing? I cringe when you say it has no utility.

I don't know what half that stuff is you're talking about is but I've owned xlm and amp. Amp is an interesting concept.

Since you mentioned it, WTF even is web3? I see it referenced all the time but have never heard a good explanation.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Ethereum is centralized garbage with no max supply that was once rolled back to reverse transactions. I made a bunch of money on Ethereum and don't fault anyone for trying to make money on it but it's real garbage. Xrp is also centralized garbage.

Do you understand what bitcoin solved? Like, do you really grasp the gravity of what it did and is doing? I cringe when you say it has no utility.

I don't know what half that stuff is you're talking about is but I've owned xlm and amp. Amp is an interesting concept.

Since you mentioned it, WTF even is web3? I see it referenced all the time but have never heard a good explanation.

Please don’t take my comments as if I think I’m a know it all. I only began focusing on it this year. I do think Bit will remain the standard driving force, I’m just saying that paradigms are def shifting and I’d consider nothing set in stone other than I think digital currency is undoubtedly the future. And as a side caveat, I unfortunately don’t see it ever becoming completely decentralized as much as it would be great for 99%. I’m not an XRP fanboy and I don’t even own it  but I’d still consider it a strong hedge. Hence why I’m so bullish on Quant. The banks aren’t ever just going to go away and lose their immense power. Everything they’re doing rn is trying to figure out how control is as much as possible since they can’t stop it….imo. 

All Web3 is basically the next evolution of basically layman interaction with internet. 
web 1: I’ve used or use the internet, go online 

web 2: I have/use a social media account etc 

web 3: I own/trade crypto, use it for transactions, NFT trading, use dApps etc 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Current Coins on ISO 20022 Compliance List (because it is inevitable)

1. XRP

2. XLM

3. XDC

4. IOTA

5. ALGO

rumored to next be on the list: HBAR, QNT, ADA

The legacy banking system, central bankers and government issued fiat can eat my entire ass. They have been stealing wealth from the people forever. Why take the very technology that was designed to remove the middle man from money and inject them?

This post makes me weep.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The legacy banking system, central bankers and government issued fiat can eat my entire ass. They have been stealing wealth from the people forever. Why take the very technology that was designed to remove the middle man from money and inject them?

This post makes me weep.

1000% with you fwiw!!!!! But…. Do you fight the corrupt system or try and use it to your advantage 

14 minutes ago, HessStation said:

1000% with you fwiw!!!!! But…. Do you fight the corrupt system or try and use it to your advantage 

It's just gambling on sh!tcoins. I have no problem w/gambling - I just hate the idea that some people think this is good technology. It's not, and it's taking the focus away from the real innovation that happened with bitcoin. It's the same devil bitcoin will destroy, just a different group of people behind the curtian.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's just gambling on sh!tcoins. I have no problem w/gambling - I just hate the idea that some people think this is good technology. It's not, and it's taking the focus away from the real innovation that happened with bitcoin. It's the same devil bitcoin will destroy, just a different group of people behind the curtian.

I don’t agree that everything not Bitcoin = sh*tcoin. I agree that the 1%/central banks are the real devil behind society…if that’s what you’re getting at. I agree a decentralized financial system would be best for the entire world/humanity. But at the same time, isn’t Bitcoin already, mostly controlled by the same institutional whales that control the central banks…in terms of ownership?

24 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don’t agree that everything not Bitcoin = sh*tcoin. I agree that the 1%/central banks are the real devil behind society…if that’s what you’re getting at. I agree a decentralized financial system would be best for the entire world/humanity. But at the same time, isn’t Bitcoin already, mostly controlled by the same institutional whales that control the central banks…in terms of ownership?

The bitcoin network is controlled by no one, it is secured by the miners. People owning bitcoin does not equal people controlling the bitcoin network. If it were a proof of stake coin like cardano (which I hodl AND minted my glorioius NFT on), it would be a different story. I have no idea if the same institutional whales own bitcoin, but I doubt that. There are certainly plenty of whales though.

https://chainbulletin.com/bitcoin-mining-map/

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

814BbyhJ7ZS._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.0ccd7025b55cf77572872de4d3024cdb.jpg

(Btw just joking earlier.   There is real risk in the financial system.  We are a few mistakes in market manipulation away from a billion dollar loaf of bread. The Fed and politicians better let the markets take some medicine or eventually it gets ugly. /semi political without party affiliation comment) 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:54 PM, HessStation said:

But I agree regardless, if you’re not embracing a new digital age upon us you basically became your dad and are a completely out of the loop boomer/fiddle playing-nero about to watch the world pass you by…

Household net worth by age

Age of head of family Median net worth Average net worth
Less than 35 $13,900 $76,300
35-44 $91,300 $436,200
45-54 $168,600 $833,200
55-64 $212,500 $1,175,900
65-74 $266,400 $1,217,700
75+ $254,800 $977,600

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 10:54 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Powell to speak at 2:30 today. If no rate increase, bitcoin will pump. If rate increase, bitcoin will likely dump but I think a lot of that already happened (aka - the news has already been sold) so maybe not a harsh dump. If the rate does increase it will probably be tiny like Powell's dick.

On the plus side it must make you happy to know that they can reduce the money supply, raise rates and make bitcoin worthless and people who hold USD rich.  If only they would actually do it.

31 minutes ago, Biggs said:

On the plus side it must make you happy to know that they can reduce the money supply, raise rates and make bitcoin worthless and people who hold USD rich.  If only they would actually do it.

It's funny money. They can't pay their debts if they do that. The USD is already dead. Most just don't get it yet.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's funny money. They can't pay their debts if they do that. The USD is already dead. Most just don't get it yet.

Thats simply a cynical argument to hold hard assetts like food, housing and commodities.  Hardly an argument for Bitcoin which is pegged against USD as an assett with no intrinsic value other than it's percevied value in USD.  

45 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Thats simply a cynical argument to hold hard assetts like food, housing and commodities.  Hardly an argument for Bitcoin which is pegged against USD as an assett with no intrinsic value other than it's percevied value in USD.  

The value of bitcoin is freedom from governments debasing our money. Nixon ruined it. They should have put separation of money and state right into the constitution.

Holding more than an immediate liquid supply of USD is foolish and has been since 1971. You need to be smart enough to protect your money by putting it into gold, silver, bitcoin, or some revenue generating asset like rental property or businesses. Saving USD is losing.

On 1/31/2022 at 3:23 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

The value of bitcoin is freedom from governments debasing our money. Nixon ruined it. They should have put separation of money and state right into the constitution.

Holding more than an immediate liquid supply of USD is foolish and has been since 1971. You need to be smart enough to protect your money by putting it into gold, silver, bitcoin, or some revenue generating asset like rental property or businesses. Saving USD is losing.

Still hanging on to the idea that Bitcoin is anything more than speculation….   Pretty impressive.   It’s lost half its value from November.  El Salvador president Bukele is getting pummeled publicly. 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:54 PM, HessStation said:

But I agree regardless, if you’re not embracing a new digital age upon us you basically became your dad and are a completely out of the loop boomer/fiddle playing-nero about to watch the world pass you by…

Thats awesome…..  i am laughing  so hard.  A basket of well enveloped, dividend paying stocks never goes out of style.    NEVER will i buy cripto.  I own real estate, well rounded stock portfolio, and the most important asset to have…..  a skill set that brings in above average income.  Did I mention my NY Jets card collection???? ?

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Still hanging on to the idea that Bitcoin is anything more than speculation….   Pretty impressive.   It’s lost half its value from November.  El Salvador president Bukele is getting pummeled publicly. 

The price of bitcoin has always been volitile in short time frames. Zoom out. There is no 4 year period where someone has bought and been down. The macro picture continues to be up for price.

Why am I supposed to care about people pummeling Bukele? Who is doing this anyway?  I ask who because it's usually people who benefit from being able to print and debase fiat currency and their cronies who attack Bitcoin the most.

I think we will see at least one other country put bitcoin on their reserves this year and make it legal tender. We're even seeing politicians discuss doing so for states in this country. This thing is a big deal and isn't going away. I urge you to dig in and try to understand it. I'm not asking you to buy it. I'm asking you to just learn more about it and I'm doing that for your own good. Seriously.

If not, well then I guess I look forward to you coming on here and pounding the table about how bitcoin just plunged all the way down to $100K some time in 2023.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The price of bitcoin has always been volitile in short time frames. Zoom out. There is no 4 year period where someone has bought and been down. The macro picture continues to be up for price.

Why am I supposed to care about people pummeling Bukele? Who is doing this anyway?  I ask who because it's usually people who benefit from being able to print and debase fiat currency and their cronies who attack Bitcoin the most.

I think we will see at least one other country put bitcoin on their reserves this year and make it legal tender. We're even seeing politicians discuss doing so for states in this country. This thing is a big deal and isn't going away. I urge you to dig in and try to understand it. I'm not asking you to buy it. I'm asking you to just learn more about it and I'm doing that for your own good. Seriously.

If not, well then I guess I look forward to you coming on here and pounding the table about how bitcoin just plunged all the way down to $100K some time in 2023.

All very possible......  Bitcoin is nothing more than a speculative buy and hold and hope some fool pays more than you did. There are no earnings, no market share etc. For a commodity to lose half it's value in 3 months is more than Volatile. Im not knocking you... Im applauding you and the millions like you. Ive made a fortune in normal investments like Dell etc. Bought Dell in 1996 for 5K, sold it for almost 150K 4 years later to buy into a nice hood here. THAT house has doubled in value.  You get the idea. You recommended PLUG to me correct? I can't remember.  

26 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

All very possible......  Bitcoin is nothing more than a speculative buy and hold and hope some fool pays more than you did. There are no earnings, no market share etc. For a commodity to lose half it's value in 3 months is more than Volatile. Im not knocking you... Im applauding you and the millions like you. Ive made a fortune in normal investments like Dell etc. Bought Dell in 1996 for 5K, sold it for almost 150K 4 years later to buy into a nice hood here. THAT house has doubled in value.  You get the idea. You recommended PLUG to me correct? I can't remember.  

You are being very generous when you say that I recommended PLUG. I asked what you thought of it and you ran with it and gave me credit. ?

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You are being very generous when you say that I recommended PLUG. I asked what you thought of it and you ran with it and gave me credit. ?

I rode it to 70 from $11.  Now its at 20.  I cashed out half at about $50 so I am WAY ahead but it is fairly volatile.

• Upvote 1