Prediction: Bitcoin Will Hit $100,000 by the end of 2021

23 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A few weeks left to hit it by the end of this year.

Largest Ponzi Scheme In History’: ‘Gotham’ Actor Says Crypto Industry Is ‘Built On A Foundation Of Fraud’

https://www.dailywire.com/news/largest-ponzi-scheme-in-history-gotham-actor-says-crypto-industry-is-built-on-a-foundation-of-fraud?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro&fbclid=IwAR1T73iUsJSRCYl2PfgplvCH0WIirbimLmrpk1VQKfSyofhGGYgWSL7xqIs

23 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So - there are a lot of problems with this, a big one is he conflates "crypto" with bitcoin. It's bitcoin and then everything else - all the sh*tcoins are a scam that solve nothing other than enriching venture capitalists that create them. Bitcoin solved the problem of digital scarcity and is perfect money. None of the others are solving jack.

This part, he seems to be speaking about bitcoin.

“You cannot create ‘trustless’ money because money is trust. We made it up; it’s a social construct. Like all social constructs, money relies on trust forged through social consensus. You can no more create a ‘trustless’ money than you can a governmentless government or a religionless religion. The applicable words are anarchy and cult,” McKenzie stated.

In terms of bitcoin, trustless means you don't have to trust a central entity. You do still trust the network and the code is open source for everyone to read. There is no leader - Satoshi was anonymous for a reason and he's likely dead.

Trusting one central entity is problematic for many reasons. With bitcoin you trust everyone and everyone agrees on every transaction and the code. You're trusting consensus. I believe this should meet his requirement of a social construct. I think he just doesn't understand bitcoin well enough tbh.

• 1 month later...

Here’s my largest current holdings in order:

1. Quant

2. HBAR 

3. MATIC

4. Algorand 

5. LCX

6. Filecoin

7. ICP

8. NEAR protocol 

9. XLM

10. LUNC 

my favorite microcaps: 

1. NOIA Syntopy 

2.  VitaDAO

3. ANKR protocol 

4. XYO network 

5. LSS Lossless 

6. DOV Dovu

7. ALI Artificial Liquid Intelligence 

8. EVER Everscale

9. EWT Energy Web

10. MNW Morpheus Network 

18 hours ago, HessStation said:

1. Quant

2. HBAR 

3. MATIC

4. Algorand 

5. LCX

6. Filecoin

7. ICP

8. NEAR protocol 

9. XLM

10. LUNC 

my favorite microcaps: 

1. NOIA Syntopy 

2.  VitaDAO

3. ANKR protocol 

4. XYO network 

5. LSS Lossless 

6. DOV Dovu

8. EVER Everscale

9. EWT Energy Web

10. MNW Morpheus Network 

sick

19 hours ago, HessStation said:

1. Quant

2. HBAR 

3. MATIC

4. Algorand 

5. LCX

6. Filecoin

7. ICP

8. NEAR protocol 

9. XLM

10. LUNC 

my favorite microcaps: 

1. NOIA Syntopy 

2.  VitaDAO

3. ANKR protocol 

4. XYO network 

5. LSS Lossless 

6. DOV Dovu

8. EVER Everscale

9. EWT Energy Web

10. MNW Morpheus Network 

sell your sh*tcoins and buy bitcoin.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 11:01 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

The next halvening will be May 14th of 2020. After the first halvening, the price peaked at over 9000% above the price at the halvening date over the next year and a half. After the second halvening, the price peaked at nearly 3000% above the price at the halvening date over the next year and a half. I predict a 1000-2000% increase this time with around a 10K starting point on May 14.

If you don't know what the halvening is, basically it is a reduction of the reward for mining bitcoin by 1/2. So the amount being generated daily is cut in half at the halvening. 

You are welcome.

Any thoughts now that SVB and now Signature bank have been haulted and heavy activity with crypto cited?

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2020 at 10:56 AM, southparkcpa said:

Please tell me what are the fundamental under pinnings that drive the value of bitcoin upwards and why any one, other than in speculation, would believe it should go higher.  I have no problem with Bitcoin but I see it as speculation, much like buying Gold. It is quite impressionable what BC is and has done.  

Buying gold = speculation?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Any thoughts now that SVB and now Signature bank have been haulted and heavy activity with crypto cited?

Crypto != bitcoin

crypto is a scam and anything that isn't bitcoin is just a worse version of fiat currency

bitcoin is digital gold. Failing fractional reserve banks with government bailouts does nothing but strengthen the use case for bitcoin IMO - and I did put my money where my mouth is. I know they're saying "it's not a bailout" because they're only making depositors whole and not saving the bank. They're also saying it won't be paid for by tax payers. I think they're full of sh*t on both counts playing semantics and hoping the general public is dumb enough to fall for it (they mostly are). I will say that I am glad they let the bank itself fail. Hopefully they can recover the paid out bonuses prior to the bank run.

I had been stacking cash with the hope that bitcoin would have another big dip. Yesterday morning I moved more than half of that stack into bitcoin and then directly to cold storage because I was concerned there was a chance, albeit a small one, that SVB would be a contagion that caused the entire banking system to go haywire. So I protected my money from that risk by moving it into my own bank.

Satoshi signed the genesis block with this message in 2009:

bankbailout.thumb.jpg.dd3f3e6cb89ca542dbef743f2d7849e0.jpg

• 3 months later...

There are now less than 300 days until the next halving. This means the mining block reward will be cut in half from 6.25 every 10 minutes to 3.125 every 10 minutes. To put it in more relatable terminology, the new supply will be cut in half.

This event happens about every 4 years and has so far has always coincided with a large upward shift in price. This may however; be the first halving to occur during a monetary tightening period. It's possible tightening is eased by the halving event though.

-1x-1.png

So basically, definitely DYOR but the next several months have historically been a sweet spot for buying.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

If you have any bitcoin on Binance get it the F out of there. If you have sh*tcoins on there trade them for bitcoin and get it the F out of there. I've always advocated for holding your own keys but a lot of people don't listen.

It's rumored that they are possibly heading down the FTX path with leveraged BNB token losing value and may be selling customer bitcoin to keep it's value up. 

if things keep going sideways it's only a matter of time before they disable withdrawals and customer funds end up in court where people lose almost everything.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/2/2023 at 11:11 PM, HessStation said:

I now owe about 30 different bags of sh*tcoins….I’ll bet you every cent of profit that I’ll unquestionably make more money in % than you next bull run❤️

On 9/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

post your 30 sh*t coins and the price you got them at so we can track how much you wasted.

still waiting for you to document your sh*tcoins that are unquestionably down against bitcoin already.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not bad on the YTD or 1 year either.

image.png.b82cc6bfaf318689ced6c719cac7cd60.png

I didn't realize that I hadn't checked my account in awhile. I did that Doge thing, when it was cool to do so haha, and I took the profits and put it in Bitcoin. Not a ton of $ but enough to be happy with the return this year!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

11 spot ETFs approved by the SEC today. Trading to begin tomorrow. Next stop, the 4th halving in April. Onward.

I'm interested in what the BTC price does tomorrow but what will also be interesting is if gold drops @TuscanyTile2. Will people who have been parked in gold ETFs be moving to digital gold the first chance they get? 👀

could be an inflection point.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

11 spot ETFs approved by the SEC today. Trading to begin tomorrow. Next stop, the 4th halving in April. Onward.

I'm interested in what the BTC price does tomorrow but what will also be interesting is if gold drops @TuscanyTile2. Will people who have been parked in gold ETFs be moving to digital gold the first chance they get? 👀

Bitcoin has been on yet another amazing run.  It's certainly possible it will continue, especially if it seems like the Fed is going to make it the new digital money.  Possibly this news (the 11 spot ETFs) lends credence to this possibility?

I could see people jumping on board (bumping up the price further) if they think there's a chance to make money.  Heck, I wish I bought it when it was cheap, even though I don't think BTC is anything more than fiat in another form.  The blockchain might have actual uses but I know that's a different thing from BTC (and it's not money either).

If they ever were to back a crypto with physical gold/silver then it could be interesting.  Of course, that's what the USD used to be until the government changed the rules (which is always a possibility in these types of things).  Regardless, I hope you make a lot of money with your BTC (or whatever crypto).  Ftr, I have a small amount of money in crypto (one of the small ones), which I bought as a gamble, hoping it would run up (but it has never taken off).

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bitcoin has been on yet another amazing run.  It's certainly possible it will continue, especially if it seems like the Fed is going to make it the new digital money.  Possibly this news (the 11 spot ETFs) lends credence to this possibility?

I could see people jumping on board (bumping up the price further) if they think there's a chance to make money.  Heck, I wish I bought it when it was cheap, even though I don't think BTC is anything more than fiat in another form.  The blockchain might have actual uses but I know that's a different thing from BTC (and it's not money either).

If they ever were to back a crypto with physical gold/silver then it could be interesting.  Of course, that's what the USD used to be until the government changed the rules (which is always a possibility in these types of things).  Regardless, I hope you make a lot of money with your BTC (or whatever crypto).  Ftr, I have a small amount of money in crypto (one of the small ones), which I bought as a gamble, hoping it would run up (but it has never taken off).

I don't think the fed would ever use bitcoin as anything other than possibly as reserves in the future because they can't control it. The ETFs were approved only because the SEC was sued for repeatedly rejecting and they lost for not having valid reasons and were forced to approve.

I'm shocked that a gold bug decided to buy a sh*tcoin instead of bitcoin. shocked. you will capitulate one day.

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think the fed would ever use bitcoin as anything other than possibly as reserves in the future because they can't control it. The ETFs were approved only because the SEC was sued for repeatedly rejecting and they lost for not having valid reasons and were forced to approve.

I'm shocked that a gold bug decided to buy a sh*tcoin instead of bitcoin. shocked. you will capitulate one day.

I was only willing to lose a small amount of money and figured I'd gamble by buying something that was cheap (as opposed to a tiny fraction of a BTC).  In retrospect, a tiny fraction of a BTC would've been a much better bet but it's too late now.

Unless these cryptos are backed by something like gold/silver I kind of think they're all sh-tcoins.  I guess if one of them ends up becoming recognized by the government then, while it'll still be fiat (like the USD), it'll at least have some value in that way (again like the USD).  It's difficult to discuss this type of thing with most people because they can't perceive the USD losing a massive amount (or even all) of its purchasing power.  But I'm sure plenty of people are seeing articles about billionaires building apocalypse bunkers and things along those lines.  Maybe they're just not relating the 2 things.

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Let us know your thoughts tomorrow. I am so damn interested in knowing what will happen with the halving. Time will tell but its exciting.

Here’s my current holdings for winners only, losers stay poor: 

1. Quant - QNT

2. LCX - LCX

3. Maple Finance - MPL

4. Goldfinch Protocol - GFI

5. Cosmos - ATOM

7. Morpheus Netwoek - MNW 

8. Syntropy - NOIA 

9. Index Cooperative - INDEX

10. XYO Network - XYO

11. Jasmycoin - JASMY 

12. Algorand - ALGO

13. Hedera Hashgraph - HBAR

14. Propy - PRO

15. TruFI - TRU

16. Inverse Finance - INV

17. Chainlink - LINK

18. Alchemy Pay - ACH

19. AMP token - AMP

20. Seamless - SEAM

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let us know your thoughts tomorrow. I am so damn interested in knowing what will happen with the halving. Time will tell but its exciting.

I am not an expert so dont take this as advice.  BTC etf approval has been priced in for a while, the next move will be ETH etf so expect a big surge.  Just random thoughts …..

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2024 at 6:20 PM, HessStation said:

Here’s my current holdings for winners only, losers stay poor: 

1. Quant - QNT

2. LCX - LCX

3. Maple Finance - MPL

4. Goldfinch Protocol - GFI

5. Cosmos - ATOM

7. Morpheus Netwoek - MNW 

8. Syntropy - NOIA 

9. Index Cooperative - INDEX

10. XYO Network - XYO

11. Jasmycoin - JASMY 

12. Algorand - ALGO

13. Hedera Hashgraph - HBAR

14. Propy - PRO

15. TruFI - TRU

16. Inverse Finance - INV

17. Chainlink - LINK

18. Alchemy Pay - ACH

19. AMP token - AMP

20. Seamless - SEAM

wow look at this disgusting and horrific list of sh*tcoins. 

warning: do not buy sh*tcoins. they are all a scam worse than fiat currency. bitcoin only.

On 1/11/2024 at 8:10 PM, LionelRichie said:

I am not an expert so dont take this as advice.  BTC etf approval has been priced in for a while, the next move will be ETH etf so expect a big surge.  Just random thoughts …..

ETH is a centralized unregistered security and unlikely to become an approved ETF IMO.

On 2/14/2024 at 1:08 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

wow look at this disgusting and horrific list of sh*tcoins. 

warning: do not buy sh*tcoins. they are all a scam worse than fiat currency. bitcoin only.

If you were to start investing in crypto on Aug 1st, Bitcoin beats very few in my top 10 ROI.

Only 3, Quant (which is being  manipulated/held down imo, will eventually explode) ATOM (which has great Staking returns) and MNW.  

I also provided a 7X with LCX and 9X with NOIA (both which are just getting started) good luck getting that ever again on Bitcoin unless you’re holding for 50 yrs…

Bitcoin on 8/1 $29k now $52k

1. Quant - QNT $108 now $111

2. LCX - LCD $0.04 now $0.28 (7X) 

3. Maple Finance - MPL $5.62 now 12.58 (2X) 

4. Goldfinch Protocol - GFI $.40 now $1.25 (3X) 

5. Cosmos - ATOM $8.97 now $10.20 

7. Morpheus Netwoek - MNW $.99 now $1.14 

8. Syntropy - NOIA $.02 now $.18 (9X) 

9. Index Cooperative - INDEX $1.31 now $3.24 (3X)

10. XYO Network - XYO $.003 now $.006 (2X)