Prediction: Bitcoin Will Hit $100,000 by the end of 2021

On 3/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

here's a shorter term prediction: Bitcoin will break 80K in April.

Interesting.  We're sitting around $59K tonight.  I've heard a few people suggest we're likely at a near-term top in this $60ish area.  Who knows.  Lots of positive momentum recently with news from Tesla, Paypal, and today Goldman Sachs jumping in.  I'm not buying any more now at these levels but will be watching.  If we pull back towards $52K and hold there I'll probably add a little more.  If we break below $52K that would be a big red flag and we could head south in a meaningful correction.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What platform do you use to buy?

For weekly buys I just use cash app because the fees are lower which overtime add up if you’re dollar cost averaging over a long period. A $35 buy will be around 75 cents compared to $2 on Coinbase or Gemini. After I stack a decent amount I transfer it to my cold storage wallet for extra security and start again from $0. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting.  We're sitting around $59K tonight.  I've heard a few people suggest we're likely at a near-term top in this $60ish area.  Who knows.  Lots of positive momentum recently with news from Tesla, Paypal, and today Goldman Sachs jumping in.  I'm not buying any more now at these levels but will be watching.  If we pull back towards $52K and hold there I'll probably add a little more.  If we break below $52K that would be a big red flag and we could head south in a meaningful correction.

Basing this on the fact that we're in a bull market, April is a historically bullish month for bitcoin and we've been seeing prices go up in the first half of the month, then down when futures expire toward the end.

ExWUE02W8AA-3yj.png.c05e4457bbfea1efa0fdf08dd3f6c6e2.png

Historical April 

open   close percent increase/decrease average increase for April
April 2015 244.22   235.94 -3.390385718 21.20021217
April 2016 416.76   448.48 7.611095115  
April 2017 1071.71   1348.3 25.80828769  
April 2018 7003.06   9251.47 32.1061079  
April 2019 4105.36   5350.91 30.33960481  
April 2020 6437.32   8672.78 34.72656323  
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Coinbase IPO tomorrow. I suspect the stock will go up by 50-100% as soon as it goes live, but with their value so tied to Bitcoin in the short term I think it's a decent buy for a quick buck. I tend to only play winners for the long-term, but COIN may be the first time I stray from that. I can't say I'm bullish about it as a long-term buy simply because of who knows what regulators will do, but for the next couple months I think it's worth putting a stack or two into. 

Also worth noting: COIN is charging 1.4% on commissions for traders. That is very high and will have to come down, but it does show how confident they are in the IPO. 

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I would buy COIN but then I could just buy BTC instead so why would I? lol

What makes this fun is just having thousands of shares. Im not saying it's a better investment but it's fun to dream with it.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

What makes this fun is just having thousands of shares. Im not saying it's a better investment but it's fun to dream with it.

I was talking about the coinbase IPO tomorrow - symbol will be COIN.

I see doge almost up to .10 cents. Get that money. 

The biggest problem I have with doge is there's too many and unlimited supply of coins. 129+ billion today and over 14 million created daily. I'm shocked it's priced as high as it is tbh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was talking about the coinbase IPO tomorrow - symbol will be COIN.

I see doge almost up to .10 cents. Get that money. 

The biggest problem I have with doge is there's too many and unlimited supply of coins. 129+ billion today and over 14 million created daily. I'm shocked it's priced as high as it is tbh.

Ohhhh gotcha.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

23 cents now. lmao - I cannot believe it

Yeah it was up over 30 cents.

It is so volatile it is insane. It was just down to 25 cents so I bought some more. Now instantly it was up again.

Was watching it earlier today during the run, and saw the account balance just climb and climb. I am hanging on to it because I believe in the power of Slim Jim. But it is fun to watch. Had to do a double take a few times today with how much it increased. Crazy.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah it was up over 30 cents.

It is so volatile it is insane. It was just down to 25 cents so I bought some more. Now instantly it was up again.

Was watching it earlier today during the run, and saw the account balance just climb and climb. I am hanging on to it because I believe in the power of Slim Jim. But it is fun to watch. Had to do a double take a few times today with how much it increased. Crazy.

DOGE now has a higher market cap than Cardano. lmao

I think it has to be a pump and dump but what do I know.

56 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

10,000 doge created every minute. This thing has a worse monetary policy than the USD. It's not sustainable.

I might just start mining DOGE while the price is so high though.

Elon Musk, Snoop and Mark Cuban....influencers influence.  I am shocked at how much I made the past few days on this. I am riding it out.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I would strongly recommend taking some profit if you're going to ride it out. The floor will drop out on this one.

I AM RIDING IT OUT !!!!!!

TO THE MOON WE GO.

J\K.  I am a huge Mark Cuban fan. He said a long time ago, if you invest in Crypto act like that money is already gone. That is what I did here.  There is a point at which I will take profit but I think this thing has legs.

You can't buy DOGE on CoinBase yet.  What happens when it becomes available there? That is like 58 million existing crypto buyers.  I feel they are going to be under a lot of pressure to add it.  Mark Cuban is collecting DOGE for hats and jerseys, so he sees some long term play here.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I AM RIDING IT OUT !!!!!!

TO THE MOON WE GO.

J\K.  I am a huge Mark Cuban fan. He said a long time ago, if you invest in Crypto act like that money is already gone. That is what I did here.  There is a point at which I will take profit but I think this thing has legs.

You can't buy DOGE on CoinBase yet.  What happens when it becomes available there? That is like 58 million existing crypto buyers.  I feel they are going to be under a lot of pressure to add it.  Mark Cuban is collecting DOGE for hats and jerseys, so he sees some long term play here.

good luck!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is exactly where I'm at.  I bought Bit, ETH and Litecoin about 2 years ago and just held it.  I think my money has already doubled (if Litecoin takes off it'll really be nice).  Folks keep saying--"SELL!! Take your profits!!"

To me the money is already gone--if I lose it all its as if it was never there.

But if the 3 quadruple or better? It's funny money for me.  Maybe I'll but my Cobra.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This is exactly where I'm at.  I bought Bit, ETH and Litecoin about 2 years ago and just held it.  I think my money has already doubled (if Litecoin takes off it'll really be nice).  Folks keep saying--"SELL!! Take your profits!!"

To me the money is already gone--if I lose it all its as if it was never there.

But if the 3 quadruple or better? It's funny money for me.  Maybe I'll but my Cobra.  

ETH has an entire decentralized finance ecosystem being built on it and has a massive amount of active development going on. DOGE is a meme coin that is a copy of bitcoin made worse (unlimited supply, 10000 coins per minute) with no active development. 

Pretty big difference. I think you'd do well to take your profits and move them into ETH. I never thought DOGE would be anywhere near it is in price now though, so maybe I'm just way off.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

ETH has an entire decentralized finance ecosystem being built on it and has a massive amount of active development going on. DOGE is a meme coin that is a copy of bitcoin made worse (unlimited supply, 10000 coins per minute) with no active development. 

Pretty big difference. I think you'd do well to take your profits and move them into ETH. I never thought DOGE would be anywhere near it is in price now though, so maybe I'm just way off.

I don't have DOGE, just Bit, ETH and Litecoin. 

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Doge does have active development. Granted the founders stopped when there was no activity but they have a roadmap now.

This is not to say it's better, I'm not saying that. Just saying everyone has woken up now development wise.