Prediction: Bitcoin Will Hit $100,000 by the end of 2021

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

ETH has an entire decentralized finance ecosystem being built on it and has a massive amount of active development going on. DOGE is a meme coin that is a copy of bitcoin made worse (unlimited supply, 10000 coins per minute) with no active development. 

Pretty big difference. I think you'd do well to take your profits and move them into ETH. I never thought DOGE would be anywhere near it is in price now though, so maybe I'm just way off.

I love the prospects for eth long term.

29 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That's incredible. Even 75k would be incredible.

I agree, but at this point 1 coin is over 60k... Is it worth the risk? Even if you can double your money, you can't afford to buy enough to make it matter that much. I remember listening to Max scream about buying when I could have bought 50 or even 100 coins.

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

gotta love the swings. shakes out weak hands.

that 80k for April prediction isn't looking too hot ...

I feel like if you believe this will continue to go up, there are ways to sell and buy again with these dips. But I am not smart enough to know how to do it. I just know some people are making a ton of $$$.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I scooped up a decent bag of LTC a couple weeks ago with poker tournament winnings. Decent gains so far. I wish I just put it in eth though.

I cashed out my LTC and XRP before the crash in 2018. I wasn't as fortunate with the other 8-10 coins I had. Then sometime in 2018/9 Binance announced they were discontinuing service to US residents, so I consolidated everything into ETH and LTC in coinbase and I've been holding since.  I've since come to find out, my brother in law still has a binance account and didn't lose access, lol. Oh well.

31 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

I cashed out my LTC and XRP before the crash in 2018. I wasn't as fortunate with the other 8-10 coins I had. Then sometime in 2018/9 Binance announced they were discontinuing service to US residents, so I consolidated everything into ETH and LTC in coinbase and I've been holding since.  I've since come to find out, my brother in law still has a binance account and didn't lose access, lol. Oh well.

If you have a significant amount of money in coins it's best to store them with a hardware wallet and not on an exchange. There is a lot of history of people losing their coins and fortunes by storing them on exchanges. Coinbase has a very solid history and reputation, but I still wouldn't do it. They can get hacked. They can have a disgruntled employee or greedy owner run off with all the coins. They can refuse to give you your coins for whatever reason they see fit. All of these things have happened at other exchanges.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you have a significant amount of money in coins it's best to store them with a hardware wallet and not on an exchange. There is a lot of history of people losing their coins and fortunes by storing them on exchanges. Coinbase has a very solid history and reputation, but I still wouldn't do it. They can get hacked. They can have a disgruntled employee or greedy owner run off with all the coins. They can refuse to give you your coins for whatever reason they see fit. All of these things have happened at other exchanges.

Thanks for the tip and I've considered it, but at the time "post crash" my stake was pretty small. Now, it's grown quite a bit, so I'll need to reevaluate. Thanks again!

How bullish are you on the market?

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2020 at 12:34 PM, Dcat said:

12/14/2017: Value of bitcoin = $17,389.22.  

Value right now 2/10/2020 (includes all splits, etc. ) $9,843.52

anyone who invested 2 years ago has lost nearly half their investment.  Of course, had someone invested at or near the beginning it would be a different story.

Thanks for the financial advice. But is premised on hope and prayer.  

I hope you educated yourself after this post because a year later it is $57,000 on it's way to $60,000 plus.  Bitcoin will reach $100,000 and I would not bet against it reaching $500,000  in next 5 -10 years.  Bitcoin historically goes up an down on its way UP.   Also in 2017 the price was driven up by inexperienced speculators the price was not sustainable.   Since that time institutional investors and other companies like PayPal, CashApp, Venmo and many others now allow you to purchase bitcoin.    Mass Adoption is almost here.   You don't want to be one of the last folks to get on board... 

• Upvote 1

On 4/18/2021 at 4:47 PM, Maxman said:

Bit and eth taking a pounding today. Doge coming back.

I own small positions in all three.

With Btc and eth it is best to Hodl.  Just buy and hold for the long term.  The historical indications are the price will continue to increase.   Not financial advice but what I have observed over the years.  All those folks who sold their btc when the price went down a few years ago, wish they had held on.... 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will Bitcoin remain range bound in consolidation mode for the summer? Death cross approaching, some investors heading back into fiat on the sidelines until a confirmation to the upside, others keeping their fingers crossed on a btc surge next week following a short term drop.  

Back story; More  crypto whales are moving their btc from exchanges into storage suggesting a bottom might be in despite the real possibility of short-term downside. Short term risk on remaining for alt coins... DYOR.

2 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Will Bitcoin remain range bound in consolidation mode for the summer? Death cross approaching, some investors heading back into fiat on the sidelines until a confirmation to the upside, others keeping their fingers crossed on a btc surge next week following a short term drop.  

Back story; More  crypto whales are moving their btc from exchanges into storage suggesting a bottom might be in despite the real possibility of short-term downside. Short term risk on remaining for alt coins... DYOR.

don't mind the sideways action too much - I setup a weekly buy a few weeks ago when this seemed to be what was going to happen. I think it's a great accumulation point.

of course, it's more fun when the price is going up every f'n day. Once it crosses 42 and holds the next wave up could be huge.

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2021 at 2:29 PM, Gangrene said:

An interesting thread on the death cross and bitcoin. I don't know sht about fck when it comes to technical analysis and triangles on charts.

• 4 weeks later...