Prediction: Bitcoin Will Hit $100,000 by the end of 2021

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Payed for a portion of my wedding a few years ago with BTC gains. Still hodling and have an auto buy on for every Monday morning. Gotta keep stacking sats 

Well, if I'm going all-in on investment advice it seems as though the football internet forum stranger known as Barry McCockinner is the one to listen to.

This is actually what I picture the crypto people look like.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is actually what I picture the crypto people look like.

What?!

I love investing real world money in goofy World of Warcraft internet currency!

Either get with the times or get left in the dust, chief.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here invest in OTC's? Had a great return on a Hail Mary $150 I threw at AWGI in 2017, which is now CPSL, which has been acquired by the CEO and CFO of NXMH (Next Gen Meats). Still waiting for the 8K sec file and merger news. Very exciting time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So a bitcoin futures ETF launched today. Can someone who understands WTF a futures ETF is explain it like I'm 5? My understanding is that this doesn't mean anyone new is buying bitcoin but there seems to be a lot of buzz about it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bitcoin-etf-futures-listing-proshares-bito/

@southparkcpa?

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So a bitcoin futures ETF launched today. Can someone who understands WTF a futures ETF is explain it like I'm 5? My understanding is that this doesn't mean anyone new is buying bitcoin but there seems to be a lot of buzz about it.

@southparkcpa?

Crypto is not something I invest in or put clients in but my understanding is that all monies that flow to this ETF will be invested in futures contracts on Bitcoin. So.. if bitcoin rises, the futures contracts will rise and visa versa if they fall.

If Bitcoin is at 10X and we hold a contract allowing us to buy at 9 X the contract will value at 1X.  So, we buy that contract.  If Bitcoin rises, the contract will rise as well.  I can read up on it but it is not my thing per se.

32 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Crypto is not something I invest in or put clients in but my understanding is that all monies that flow to this ETF will be invested in futures contracts on Bitcoin. So.. if bitcoin rises, the futures contracts will rise and visa versa if they fall.

If Bitcoin is at 10X and we hold a contract allowing us to buy at 9 X the contract will value at 1X.  So, we buy that contract.  If Bitcoin rises, the contract will rise as well.  I can read up on it but it is not my thing per se.

I know you're not into crypto. It's the ETF & futures thing I'm asking about. I don't know what either is and tbh, am not grasping your last explanation. lol

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I know you're not into crypto. It's the ETF & futures thing I'm asking about. I don't know what either is and tbh, am not grasping your last explanation. lol

But PLUG is coming back.  I more than tripled my money in my IRA, cashed out at 38 or so, bought at around 12.

In my taxable account, I rode it to 72, down to 24 and now at 33 or so.  Also in at around 12.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@southparkcpa?

It's an ETF not unlike USO when it comes to oil. The ETF holds futures contracts and then sells them off, to only buy contracts with a later strike date. It's a commodities trade for bitcoin.

• Upvote 1