JetsLife

SOJF Slur - Kettle ......

Let’s break this down.

A sojf is usually a Cranky boomer who doubts everything the Jets do, gets on players for dancing or trash talking, complains about metlife, complains about the younger fans, swears ticket prices are getting out of control, thinks men are not “real men” anymore, most likely voted for trump, and prob yells at your kid for stepping on the lawn....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Butt Fumble 4

1 hour ago, JetsLife said:

I joined this great community around 7 months ago.

I've noticed a SOFJ police - they are allowed to label people who disagree with them as SOJF.

The truth is - they are the true SOJF. As is psychologically and scientifically proven - those who emotionally attack others are in fact self labeling themselves. They have not the courage to call things as they are - they live in some imagined Jets dream world of 10 years ago and more.

If there's anyone SOJF on this board - it's those who call others SOJF.

You are on the list and there's no getting off it.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The funniest thing about this website is that anyone who's not willing to give the benefit of the doubt to a franchise that hasn't won jack sh*t in more than five decades is an SOJF, while the people dying on the hill of Taking Jamal Adams Over Patrick Mahomes Was Actually Good are the real fans.

We found our franchise quarterback.  We have an All Pro in our secondary.  Our head coach held the team together for a strong finish.  By getting back the injured, we improve our roster markedly without spending a dime.  We have a highly respected young GM.  We have one of the best defensive coordinators in the game.  Gone is the journeymen quarterback parade, gone is Maccagnan, gone is Bowles.  Culture is restored.  Not a single player is trying to weasel out of town.  Not a single coach is turning over.

That's a great two years.  No Jets fan should have anything to complain about right now.  You make sh-t up just to make yourselves miserable.  Because you like to be miserable.  Excuse we good fans while we enjoy the fact that we've turned the corner and don't want to hear your media-fueled pity-party anymore.  There's a time for negativity-  check my avatar and sig-  and there is a time for positivity.  Get in sync with the rest of us.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Let’s break this down.

A sojf is usually a Cranky boomer who doubts everything the Jets do, gets on players for dancing or trash talking, complains about metlife, complains about the younger fans, swears ticket prices are getting out of control, thinks men are not “real men” anymore, most likely voted for trump, and prob yells at your kid for stepping on the lawn....

Well said.

I always picture a SOJF as a Mets, Islanders, and Knicks fan, doesn't know what winning looks like or feels like, the only way he can bond with his friends and his teams is to play the victim.  As a Ranger and Yankee fan, these concepts are foreign to me.  Both teams, FYI, declared they were rebuilding, were smart about it, and look at that-  both are years ahead of schedule.  With the Jets, I see the same thing happening.

It's a great time to be a Jets fan.  Don't let Mets Nation bring you down to their level.

SAR I

21 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Let’s break this down.

How did you get my resume'?😁

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

As ill-advised as i think this thread may be I think the OP is basically accurate.

We have had a veritable parade of busted drafts year after year, poor GM and head coaching choices where we have become a laughing stock nationally. And oh yes, we have not won a damn thing in 50 years.

Despite all of those things a small group of posters never met a single draft pick they did not like nor a GM choice that was a bad choice or even one of our numerous head coaching head-scratchers who was not a diamond in the rough.  This small group of posters never met a single one of these that they did not like and yet every single one of them has no issue calling out the realist Jets fans out there as being SOJFs.  The moment this team ceases to be the SOJs then there will no longer be any SOJFs

So SAR1, can I request to get myself onto that list that there is no way off of?  I think if you opened it up to requests you might find yourself facing a tidal wave,

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Let’s break this down.

yes , after 50 years of horseshlt, we comment about the dancing, but moreover, management. Jets ownership is without real vision, leadership or real direction for 50 years.   Yes, results matter. 

• Upvote 2

“I’d like to see the Jets do a better job at winning.”

ok boomer

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JetsLife said:

I've noticed a SOFJ police - they are allowed to label people who disagree with them as SOJF.

The truth is - they are the true SOJF. As is psychologically and scientifically proven - those who emotionally attack others are in fact self labeling themselves. They have not the courage to call things as they are - they live in some imagined Jets dream world of 10 years ago and more.

2 SOJFs downvoted/buttfumbled this post.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

As ill-advised as i think this thread may be I think the OP is basically accurate.

We have had a veritable parade of busted drafts year after year, poor GM and head coaching choices where we have become a laughing stock nationally. And oh yes, we have not won a damn thing in 50 years.

Despite all of those things a small group of posters never met a single draft pick they did not like nor a GM choice that was a bad choice or even one of our numerous head coaching head-scratchers who was not a diamond in the rough.  This small group of posters never met a single one of these that they did not like and yet every single one of them has no issue calling out the realist Jets fans out there as being SOJFs.  The moment this team ceases to be the SOJs then there will no longer be any SOJFs

So SAR1, can I request to get myself onto that list that there is no way off of?  I think if you opened it up to requests you might find yourself facing a tidal wave,

I think you forget a third group:

1.  Blind Homers.  "Jets don't do anything wrong!"

2.  SOJF's "Whoa is me, Jets suck, I'm a victim!"

3.  Objective Realists.  "Hey, we sucked for awhile but I like what I'm seeing, we've turned the corner."

I'm on this site frequently and I don't know any #1's.  I see a handful of #3's.  And then I see an army of #2's looking to cry and whine and pick snarky fights with the #3's.  There are times when we've all got the right to be upset.  2016 is a good season for that.  Every other Pennington season '03-'05-'07 is like that.  Too many to mention.  But 2020?  This is a time to be joyful.  Things are looking very good.  Hating on Christopher Johnson and Adam Gase and Jamal Adams and PSL's, the 1-7 start, the sh-t's old already.  6-2 was real.  Darnold taking a step was real.  The D is real.  We are allowed to be optimistic.  You are allowed to be optimistic.  So do so.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

yes , after 50 years of horseshlt, we comment about the dancing, but moreover, management. Jets ownership is without real vision, leadership or real direction for 50 years.   Yes, results matter. 

So the SOJF plan of action is to wait for the Jets to win the Super Bowl and on that day show some optimism?

If, for example, we finish this year 6-2 and then next year go 10-6 and the year after 12-4 and the year after win the Super Bowl, you're going to bitch and whine until the final whistle at the 2022 Super Bowl?

That's not normal.  You should enjoy the ride up too.  Bumps and all.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

So what type of fan am I if I understand our track record is poor and acknowledge past mistakes but just don't dwell on them and prefer to focus on potential future paths to success? 

That's what I view myself at least.  Definitely try not to be a "Homer".

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This thread is an SOJF magnet. You people are disgusting. 

Exactly.  The time for whining is over.  This is the time to be optimistic, give the owner and the front office the benefit of the doubt, wear your green, and cheer our hearts out.  The Joe Beningo savants and the Manish Mehta clickbaiters need to drop their anger, drop their weapons, and get aboard the happy train.

I know Bills fans that treat us better than Jets fans.  It's got to stop.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So what type of fan am I if I understand our track record is poor and acknowledge past mistakes but just don't dwell on them and prefer to focus on potential future paths to success? 

That's what I view myself at least.  Definitely try not to be a "Homer".

You are Option #3:  An Objective Realist.

A good list to be on for the 2020 season.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So the SOJF plan of action is to wait for the Jets to win the Super Bowl and on that day show some optimism?

If, for example, we finish this year 6-2 and then next year go 10-6 and the year after 12-4 and the year after win the Super Bowl, you're going to bitch and whine until the final whistle at the 2022 Super Bowl?

SAR I

You're BS is so worn out. YOU SIR, on the old JI site were the biggest naysayer and shall I say, ahead of the curve on how bad the Jets were becoming in 2011.  You correctly pointed out the lack of drafting, development and above all, REX's faults.  Not much has changed since then except we have what appears to be a solid QB.  (Gase and Douglas are nothing but unkowns) So save us the pom poms .  But yes, I would fully embrace the scenario you describe.  Jets haven't won 12 games except once so I won't hold my breath.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We found our franchise quarterback.  We have an All Pro in our secondary.  Our head coach held the team together for a strong finish.  By getting back the injured, we improve our roster markedly without spending a dime.  We have a highly respected young GM.  We have one of the best defensive coordinators in the game.  Gone is the journeymen quarterback parade, gone is Maccagnan, gone is Bowles.  Culture is restored.  Not a single player is trying to weasel out of town.  Not a single coach is turning over.

That's a great two years.  No Jets fan should have anything to complain about right now.  You make sh-t up just to make yourselves miserable.  Because you like to be miserable.  Excuse we good fans while we enjoy the fact that we've turned the corner and don't want to hear your media-fueled pity-party anymore.  There's a time for negativity-  check my avatar and sig-  and there is a time for positivity.  Get in sync with the rest of us.

SAR I

oh wow

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Committing max money to a strong safety should be debated by the fanbase. Concerns over a young QB finishing as a bottom 5 QB (with flashes of promise) in his second season is certainly at minimum a flag. This is healthy debate.

The Johnson's hired Idzik and Maccagnan- two inarguable total duds. They hired Douglas. Everything should be met with at least mild skepticism until the Jets start consistently winning more games.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

You're BS is so worn out. YOU SIR, on the old JI site were the biggest naysayer and shall I say, ahead of the curve on how bad the Jets were becoming in 2011.  You correctly pointed out the lack of drafting, development and above all, REX's faults.  Not much has changed since then except we have what appears to be a solid QB.  So save us the pom poms .  But yes, I would fully embrace the scenario you describe.  Jets haven't won 12 games except once so I won't hold my breath.

It's not BS!  See!  I saw the 2011 disaster years before.......and now I'm seeing the 2022 success years before.  Objective Realists are like that-  every season is different but one can read the tea leaves from one to another.

It's not BS or flip-flopping.  It's embracing what one sees with ones eyes.  Join me on the happy train.  It has a choo-choo whistle and everything, even a dining car with ice cream.  Don't jump on every year.  But 2020?  Let's go!

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Johnson's hired Idzik and Maccagnan- two inarguable total duds. They hired Douglas. Everything should be met with at least mild skepticism until the Jets start consistently winning more games.

For sure, but in this case, the HC had more to do with the GM hire than the Owners.  So at least that's....different?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

For sure, but in this case, the HC had more to do with the GM hire than the Owners.  So at least that's....different?

Fair point. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

oh wow

New-York-Jets-Express-Train-Collection-7

You've waited decades for this.  Get onboard!

SAR I

• Upvote 1

I’m going to get made fun of for this but idc. I’ve been on this site for a little over a year and I still don’t know what SOJF means. I’ve seen it said so many times I’ve looked it up and I still have no idea so please somebody explain to me what I’m God’s name does SOJF stands for. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JetsLife said:

those who live ina world where a bottom 6 QB iwho pads his stats at teh end of teh year when we are out of playoff contention is someone they count on to be a NFL top tier QB lock

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's not BS!  See!  I saw the 2011 disaster years before.......and now I'm seeing the 2022 success years before.  Objective Realists are like that-  every season is different but one can read the tea leaves from one to another.

It's not BS or flip-flopping.  It's embracing what one sees with ones eyes.  Join me on the happy train.  It has a choo-choo whistle and everything, even a dining car with ice cream.  Don't jump on every year.  But 2020?  Let's go!

SAR I

I want the bar car... does it have one of those?:)

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

New-York-Jets-Express-Train-Collection-7

You've waited decades for this.  Get onboard!

SAR I

AS long as it's not NJTransit.😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1