SOJF Slur - Kettle ......

JetsLife

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This thread is an SOJF magnet. You people are disgusting. 

This team is going to be doing so much winning that the fan base will become sick of the amount of winning that we are going to be doing.  Yes sirree!  And that includes you too Tom :D

Meanwhile you are an instigator who wants to be offered the opportunity to ride around in SAR's BMW (lease) while listening to his classic Coldplay mix (disc 1).  Middle seat back.

Amirite?

• Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Committing max money to a strong safety should be debated by the fanbase. Concerns over a young QB finishing as a bottom 5 QB (with flashes of promise) in his second season is certainly at minimum a flag. This is healthy debate.

The Johnson's hired Idzik and Maccagnan- two inarguable total duds. They hired Douglas. Everything should be met with at least mild skepticism until the Jets start consistently winning more games.

The ORJF's* agree with the "mild skeptacism".  The ORJF's believe that most of what they read from the SOJF's is over the top victim negativism and that is uncalled for.

SAR I

*Objective Realist Jets Fans

28 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m going to get made fun of for this but idc. I’ve been on this site for a little over a year and I still don’t know what SOJF means. I’ve seen it said so many times I’ve looked it up and I still have no idea so please somebody explain to me what I’m God’s name does SOJF stands for. 

Same Old Jets Fan

From the phrase made popular in the tabloids "Same Ol' Jets". 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m going to get made fun of for this but idc. I’ve been on this site for a little over a year and I still don’t know what SOJF means. I’ve seen it said so many times I’ve looked it up and I still have no idea so please somebody explain to me what I’m God’s name does SOJF stands for. 

Since no one else has explained it, it’s “same old Jets fan,” a play on Same Old Jets.

The truth behind it, is, it was created by a homer who will remain nameless, as a way to categorize Jets fans who for the past decade or so have generally been spot on about the team, but this also means that they were negative about the team, because, well, the team has sucked for a decade.  So, while meant as an insult, it actually most closely means you’re not a moron who thought the Jets were on the cusp of greatness despite winning 5 games a season.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JetsLife said:

I joined this great community around 7 months ago.

I've noticed a SOFJ police - they are allowed to label people who disagree with them as SOJF.

The truth is - they are the true SOJF. As is psychologically and scientifically proven - those who emotionally attack others are in fact self labeling themselves. They have not the courage to call things as they are - they live in some imagined Jets dream world of 10 years ago and more.

If there's anyone SOJF on this board - it's those who call others SOJF.

0_cftjyaesofrnenoc.gif.4963d85c424feccfa64db437a808285a.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So what type of fan am I if I understand our track record is poor and acknowledge past mistakes but just don't dwell on them and prefer to focus on potential future paths to success? 

That's what I view myself at least.  Definitely try not to be a "Homer".

Samuel Johnson once described a second marriage as "the triumph of hope over experience." So I guess that would be your fan group: Hope over experience fan. Truthfully, I'm probably one too. So you've got that going for you. :)

• Upvote 2

Yes the Jets have been the Same Old Jets since winning the Superbowl some 51 years ago.   Yes we are fans of the (SOJ) team and so that must make us SOJFs.

So far so good.  The problem comes with those who have turned this into a pejorative label.  As if somehow having a negative impression of the team, having the sheer affrontary to notice how bad we have been, our front office or our record of failure is somehow responsible for have caused those observations come true.  Somewhere along the way simply making the observation that the glass is half empty is equivalent to being responsible for having emptied it.

Much better I suppose to live in a world where it is sunny every day and on the occasions where it is not sunny then that must all be the fault of the SOJFs 

Fun times.

Since we last won it all

Weeb Ewbank

Charley Winner

Ken Shipp

Lou Holtz

Mike Holovak

Walt Michaels

Joe Walton

Bruce Coslet

Pete Carroll

Rich Kotite

Bill Belichick (for six days)

Bill Parcells

Bill Belichick (for one day)

Al Groh

Herman Edwards

Eric Mangini

Rex Ryan

Todd Bowles

Adam Gase

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JetsLife said:

I've noticed a SOFJ police - they are allowed to label people who disagree with them as SOJF.

The truth is - they are the true SOJF. As is psychologically and scientifically proven - those who emotionally attack others are in fact self labeling themselves. They have not the courage to call things as they are - they live in some imagined Jets dream world of 10 years ago and more.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Since no one else has explained it, it’s “same old Jets fan,” a play on Same Old Jets.

The truth behind it, is, it was created by a homer who will remain nameless, as a way to categorize Jets fans who for the past decade or so have generally been spot on about the team, but this also means that they were negative about the team, because, well, the team has sucked for a decade.  So, while meant as an insult, it actually most closely means you’re not a moron who thought the Jets were on the cusp of greatness despite winning 5 games a season.

It's perfectly fine for someone to be down on the Jets when the Jets are in a down period. 

It's not fine for someone to be down on the Jets when the Jets are ascending and things are looking positive.  That is the very definition of SOJF.  Someone who can't accept success and actually enjoys the suffering, its part of their character, they wouldn't know how to function without it.

It's February 2020.  After the last two years, and the last eight games in particular, JN should be a SOJF-free zone.

SAR I

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

The problem comes with those who have turned this into a pejorative label.  As if somehow having a negative impression of the team, having the sheer affrontary to notice how bad we have been, our front office or our record of failure is somehow responsible for have caused those observations come true.  Somewhere along the way simply making the observation that the glass is half empty is equivalent to being responsible for having emptied it.

Yes.

But when fans go insane in Week 4 demanding a new head coaches head, it's insanity, it's one of the worst displays of SOJFism in team history.

And when one hears Joe Beningo last week whining about the state of the Jets and calling for Adam Gase's head after an impressive 6-2 finish, that's more unwarranted SOJFism.  It's ludicrous.  Take some joy in what the team just accomplished against all odds.  Stop being part of the problem.  Try being part of the solution.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, CTM said:

Hes a self hating sojf projecting his disdain onto others 

Sad really. OP nailed him

Self-projecting?  How about I just have a smile on my face after 6-2 and 15/4/93.3 and am looking forward to having positive offseason conversations with like-minded Jets fans?  Like the fans I sit next to in MetLife Stadium.  Like the fans I speak to around town and in the city.  This negativity is a Twitter phenomena, this He Man Jets Hater Club is all for show.

Get onboard the happy train.  I know it robs you of the self-loathing you desire.  Learn to live with it.  Or buy Mets season tickets instead.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This negativity is a Twitter phenomena, this He Man Jets Hater Club is all for show.

Isnt your avatar and sig centered around jets hall of shame,? Didnt you post that jets draft blunder video?

If you are a sojf in recovery that's cool, but quit acting like the guy who quit eating meat 2 weeks ago and now pontificates on the virtue of vegan lifestyle to anyone who doesn't want to listen 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

Isnt your avatar and sig centered around jets hall of shame,? Didnt you post that jets draft blunder video?

If you are a sojf in recovery that's cool, but quit acting like the guy who quit eating meat 2 weeks ago and now pontificates on the virtue of vegan lifestyle to anyone who doesn't want to listen 

It's cyclical.  NFL has its ups and its downs.  I know the Jets have had a decade of downs, but we're upswinging now.  There's a time to be negative and a time to be positive. 

What didn't you like about the 6-2 finish?  List them please:

What CTM Didn't Like About The 6-2 Finish:

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's cyclical.  NFL has its ups and its downs.  I know the Jets have had a decade of downs, but we're upswinging now.  There's a time to be negative and a time to be positive. 

What didn't you like about the 6-2 finish?  List them please:

What CTM Didn't Like About The 6-2 Finish:

SAR I

Lets stay on topic, you've adorned your online profile on major jets fan as a monument to Jets failures and now have taken to calling others SOJF's. OP suggests this is projection. Yes ?

16 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lets stay on topic, you've adorned your online profile on major jets fan as a monument to Jets failures and now have taken to calling others SOJF's. OP suggests this is projection. Yes ?

As stated, I've never been a SOJF but I have had moments where I was down on the team, very frustrated, could see no light at the end of the tunnel.  2020, different story, I see the light.  That's the life of an Objectively Realistic Jets Fan.  Some seasons are down, some are up.  Some regimes are dying, some are ascending. 

Let's get to the heart of the matter and hear SOJF's tell ORJF's what we're supposed to dislike about a 6-2 finish.  Here's your platform.  Make your case:

SAR I

6 hours ago, JetsLife said:

The truth is - they are the true SOJF. As is psychologically and scientifically proven - those who emotionally attack others are in fact self labeling themselves. They have not the courage to call things as they are - they live in some imagined Jets dream world of 10 years ago and more.

yup see ***** just kidding you know who they are

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It's perfectly fine for someone to be down on the Jets when the Jets are in a down period. 

It's not fine for someone to be down on the Jets when the Jets are ascending and things are looking positive.  That is the very definition of SOJF.  Someone who can't accept success and actually enjoys the suffering, its part of their character, they wouldn't know how to function without it.

It's February 2020.  After the last two years, and the last eight games in particular, JN should be a SOJF-free zone.

SAR I

We went 4-12 and 7-9.  And we had about as easy a schedule (in terms of both opponents and travel) as we could've reasonably asked for yet we still didn't finish .500.  Mind you, that includes a week 17 game against a team that rested their starters.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes.

But when fans go insane in Week 4 demanding a new head coaches head, it's insanity, it's one of the worst displays of SOJFism in team history.

And when one hears Joe Beningo last week whining about the state of the Jets and calling for Adam Gase's head after an impressive 6-2 finish, that's more unwarranted SOJFism.  It's ludicrous.  Take some joy in what the team just accomplished against all odds.  Stop being part of the problem.  Try being part of the solution.

SAR I

How is the negative or positive attitude of a fan on a message board going to affect the team's W/L record?  Are you of the opinion that Patriots fans "turned that frown upside down" and that's what led to them winning 6 SBs (after being "Same ol' Pats" fans for all those years prior)?

For the record, I'm extremely optimistic about Darnold and I was very happy about the Joe D hire.  I still don't believe in Gase though.

56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I've never been a SOJF but I have had moments where I was down on the team, very frustrated, could see no light at the end of the tunnel

"moments" huh? The below represents what 38 out of the last 42 years.  But sure, we're the problem

image.png.7b28048368d9685538101397052aa0b9.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The ORJF's* agree with the "mild skeptacism".  The ORJF's believe that most of what they read from the SOJF's is over the top victim negativism and that is uncalled for.

SAR I

*Objective Realist Jets Fans

the Sartoon is rebranding his SOJFdom into something less offensive. Old trick

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

those who live ina world where a bottom 6 QB iwho pads his stats at teh end of teh year when we are out of playoff contention is someone they count on to be a NFL top tier QB lock

Its the.  teh is what, some new language?  Its the same three letters, what's the point.

And oh, no one asked you about Darnold.  Again

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Yes the Jets have been the Same Old Jets since winning the Superbowl some 51 years ago.   Yes we are fans of the (SOJ) team and so that must make us SOJFs.

So far so good.  The problem comes with those who have turned this into a pejorative label.  As if somehow having a negative impression of the team, having the sheer affrontary to notice how bad we have been, our front office or our record of failure is somehow responsible for have caused those observations come true.  Somewhere along the way simply making the observation that the glass is half empty is equivalent to being responsible for having emptied it.

Much better I suppose to live in a world where it is sunny every day and on the occasions where it is not sunny then that must all be the fault of the SOJFs 

Fun times.

Since we last won it all

Weeb Ewbank

Charley Winner

Ken Shipp

Lou Holtz

Mike Holovak

Walt Michaels

Joe Walton

Bruce Coslet

Pete Carroll

Rich Kotite

Bill Belichick (for six days)

Bill Parcells

Bill Belichick (for one day)

Al Groh

Herman Edwards

Eric Mangini

Rex Ryan

Todd Bowles

Adam Gase

Steelers had basically 3 coaches in that same period.