Jerry Jeudy vs CeeDee Lamb

Patriot Killa

Jerry or Lamb?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather?

• Jerry Jeudy
    • CeeDee Lamb

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Finally got around to looking at the top 2 WR’s more extensively. This WR class is exciting as hell and I’m kind of hoping we take a top flight WR so I started out the amateur scouting season  with the top 2 ones.

Jerry Jeudy

E82BE344-CF19-4493-90CC-C3EE19D79016.thumb.jpeg.fa2c68223c6171fbbb90f1bfff0eb76c.jpeg

(games watched: vs LSU 2019,  Auburn 2019, South Carolina 2019, Tennessee 2018, Clemson 2018.)

Pros

— VERY explosive burst off the line of scrimmage to the point that it jumps off the screen at times.

— Special ability on quick cuts. Sideline to sideline speed. better “get off” speed than marathon speed but still plenty enough to burn defenders. Almost always makes the first man miss after the catch. 

— Plants foot in the ground and finishes routes strong. His cuts in and out of routes are so smooth. Polished.  He can stop on a DIME.. vs SC 2019 he finished a curl route so strong and stop so suddenly — the corner broke his own ankles trying to adjust and flipped 5 yards forward lol!

— Footwork is lightning quick. He works corners hard on his double moves. Everything looks so effortless when he’s creating separation for himself.

— Natural sense to re-adjust a route if the QB is being chased out of the pocket. Finds soft spots in the defense.

— Has this ability to accelerate and hit another gear as he’s catching on the run. 

— haven’t seen a ton of instances where he had to track a deep ball but looks good in that department.

Cons:

— so-so blocker.(being a bit nit picky here)

— Could do better selling routes when he isn’t involved in the play.

— Question his ability to fight off NFL press-man coverage at an elite level (didn’t see a lot of it in the game film)

— Question his ability to play 50/50 contested balls against NFL corners. Do not think he’s ever going to be that kind of WR. It’s not his build nor’ his game.

Overview:

Jerry Jeudy is a very explosive and athletically gifted player who jumps off the screen. His route running is very polished and his footwork is incredible whether it’s double moves or cutting in and out of routes. He isn’t a track star who can maintain 4.4/4.5 speed the entire length of the field but he has a rare second gear as he’s catching the ball that adds to his weaponry as a “YAC” receiver. He almost always makes the first man miss, he’s a very finesse wide receiver and reminds me a lot of TY Hilton(but bigger) mixed Marvin Harrison. He’s the perfect “Gase” player in that he can do everything that is regularly asked out of an Adam Gase playbook. He’s deadly in motion because of his burst, he’s very good in the slot and his YAC ability serves a ton of value in our offense.

CeeDee Lamb

(games watched: Texas 2019, Iowa State 2019, Baylor 2019, Alabama 2018, LSU 2019)

681075DB-BDEA-44D8-9B77-93C521C42098.jpeg.f39b4d9dea2b91eaab81f8fb3527a27d.jpeg

Pros:

— High points the ball extremely well and times his jump balls nicely. He has elite ability to position his body perfectly on passes and does a good job shielding off defenders regularly. 50/50 ball looks good. Plucked in a TD vs Iowa State that should of been an interception. 

— Has a convincing stutter step and several sudden moves that help him get more YAC. Good agility and can make multiple defenders miss

— Good quickness in and out of routes. Secure hands. Extends his body and attacks the ball on out routes and adjusts to passes well. Finds soft spots in the defense and sits on it. Very good awareness

— Sheds tackles well/really good balance. Against Texas 3 DBs were surrounding him after he caught the ball, first corner tries to swing him to the ground, he stays up, 2nd one tries to ram into him, he sheds it and walks in for the TD.

— bringing up his YAC ability again. He is very very dangerous after the catch. He has great field vision, where he needs to cut and how to let his blockers set him up for an even bigger gain.

— Holds blocks well/very willing blocker

— Seeing lots of comeback routes, curls, hitches, in/outs. Encouraging.

Cons:

— Can work on his footwork quickness on double moves because these will be NFL DB’s.

— could use his hands better at the line of scrimmage. He will be jammed often in the NFL.

Overview:

CeeDee Lamb is a very physically gifted too. He runs routes well, he sheds tackles and shows excellent ability when running for yards after the catch. He plays the 50/50 good, he can snag contested balls out of the air, he has a sudden quickness about him that makes defenses look silly, he has nice awareness as a route runner and is a big play waiting to happen. Lamb also fits the bill for a Jets offense as he offers Gase/Darnold a fantastic YAC who can line up outside and dominate, dominate in motion, in the slot. CeeDee Lamb is a do it all WR and has a very good well roundedness about him. He reminds me of DeAndre Hopkins.  He has a large catch radius and tracks the ball in the air well. 

Overall I would have to say that CeeDee Lamb’s ceiling could be a slight bit higher than Jeudy’s in a Jets Offense. I think that he also offers Darnold something that Jeudy may not be able to and that’s the strong handed, X type WR who can grab it out of the air with ease. Jeudy will be better than Crowder but they will do about the same thing, stylistically in a Gase Offense. What we lack is the big weapon in a Michael Thomas-fashion. They’ll both be great but I think Lamb projects better with the Jets for usage reasons.

my pick — CeeDee Lamb.

Say no more. I'm in.

Just now, RobR said:

Great job.....any thoughts on Jeudys drops? Seems like every time I watched Bama I'd see him drop an easy one. 

Thanks! 

And I actually noticed that in 2 of the videos I watched today but didn’t wanna write it down in my cons list because I didn’t see it too often afterwards. 

He was on a slant route and just lost his concentration. I think it was against Auburn. The other one, he was playing South Carolina and dropped an easy TD..luckily he came back with one very next play in the corner. I tried to keep it to SEC defenses when evaluating him. I wanted to see him against big press man coverage but really didn’t ever get to see much of it. He looks so much more comfortable in the slot than on the outside.

• Upvote 2

the quickest way to fix the jet offense is to sign conklin and draft lamb, who will be a superstar.  he is more physical, you can't jam him at the line and he wins the jump balls.  then you can still draft a starting C or G in the 2nd/3rd rounds and the line is fixed and you have upgraded weapons.  add a rb on day 3.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Splitting hairs, I'd be happy with either.  

Gun to head, I'd go Jeudy.  Probably for the wrong reasons I'm an SEC homer and conference just plays a big factor for me.  Ceedee has had a few good games vs. some better comp but a lot of his big games were vs. terrible Football teams.

Both are going to be studs.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Splitting hairs, I'd be happy with either.  

Gun to head, I'd go Jeudy.  Probably for the wrong reasons I'm an SEC homer and conference just plays a big factor for me.  Ceedee has had a few good games vs. some better comp but a lot of his big games were vs. terrible Football teams.

Both are going to be studs.

Trade Adams so we can get one of these guys and draft a Left Tackle

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Both are exceptional prospects.  I think people will be surprised by what Lamb runs at the combine, I think people tend to over-rate his speed but he’s really good with the ball in his hands.   

He looks like a Davante Adams type to me. Maybe a 4.5-4.6 guy but he makes it up with technique and route running

• Upvote 1

If I had my choice, I am taking Jeudy.  Best route runner in the class,.  Lamb is more dangerous after the catch with the ball in his hands, but I am taking the guy who knows how to get separation, plus he has the speed to threaten defenses vertically.

I like both guys, would be happy with etiher, but the route running sets Jeudy apart in my mind.

That said, I would still pass on both for Andrew Thomas (or another OT) at 11 and go WR in R2 & R3.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

If I had my choice, I am taking Jeudy.  Best route runner in the class,.  Lamb is more dangerous after the catch with the ball in his hands, but I am taking the guy who knows how to get separation, plus he has the speed to threaten defenses vertically.

I like both guys, would be happy with etiher, but the toute running sets Jeudy apart in my mind.

That said, I would still pass on both for Andrew Thomas (or another OT) at 11 and go WR in R2 & R3.

Agreed.  I think I can get better receivers in rounds 2 through 4 than I can OTs.  

Also, I see Clemson and Georgia are opening up the 2021 season against each other.  That was a late addition.  I think the game is in Charlotte.  

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I think I can get better receivers in rounds 2 through 4 than I can OTs.  

Also, I see Clemson and Georgia are opening up the 2021 season against each other.  That was a late addition.  I think the game is in Charlotte.  

the value for the jets is OT in first, wr in 2nd and 3rd and rb on day 3.  i just fear they'll take a cb in the 2nd and waste the opportunity to take a wr there.

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Yup.  Looks like we are playing each other 6 times in the next 10 - 12 seasons.  2 neutral sites and 2 each in our home stadiums.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:43 AM, A.J. said:

What he does after the catch is what makes him special imo

Agreed he’s not a special prospect because of speed. He’s a Jerry Rice/Davante Adams archetype that wins with elite technique/body control/ball skills. That said, if he runs a sub 4.5 at the combine I think he’s a lock for the top 10

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2020 at 3:14 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Overall I would have to say that CeeDee Lamb’s ceiling could be a slight bit higher than Jeudy’s in a Jets Offense. I think that he also offers Darnold something that Jeudy may not be able to and that’s the strong handed, X type WR who can grab it out of the air with ease. Jeudy will be better than Crowder but they will do about the same thing, stylistically in a Gase Offense. What we lack is the big weapon in a Michael Thomas-fashion. They’ll both be great but I think Lamb projects better with the Jets for usage reasons.

my pick — CeeDee Lamb.

Great post, but I disagree with the logic behind you selecting Lamb over Jeudy.  Yes having a jumpball receiver is great, but we need a receiver that can get open consistently. Thats why Darnold force fed Crowder the ball...he was our best route runner.  Why not have two guys that can make the game easier for Darnold? The best WRs in the NFL are the best route runners (outside of Julio Jones but Lamb is not on that level). Also, saying Jeufy does the same thing as Crowder is a bit disrespectful to Jeudy. I get more of an Odell Beckham vibe from him.

Jeudy > Lamb in my opinion

1 hour ago, Young Jetty said:

Great post, but I disagree with the logic behind you selecting Lamb over Jeudy.  Yes having a jumpball receiver is great, but we need a receiver that can get open consistently. Thats why Darnold force fed Crowder the ball...he was our best route runner.  Why not have two guys that can make the game easier for Darnold? The best WRs in the NFL are the best route runners (outside of Julio Jones but Lamb is not on that level). Also, saying Jeufy does the same thing as Crowder is a bit disrespectful to Jeudy. I get more of an Odell Beckham vibe from him.

Jeudy > Lamb in my opinion

Lamb can get open consistently really good too though. But I don’t think you can really go wrong with either one. Both look great.

I think 1 of these guys will be wearing the Green & White next year. I refuse to believe there are 4/5 Stud LTs in this draft period. Even evaluators say it's tough to rate Olineman in these college offenses. We need a CAN'T MISS prospect in a position of need. LT is a need, but so is WR with Anderson walking unless JD signs Amari Cooper if Dallas reups Dak & cant resign him. 

Its our #2, and our two #3s where JD goes to work with his Offensive Line background. Every damn scout working for the Jets has been scouting Olineman since JD took this job. Paying Kalil 10 million hoping for a ressurection tells you everything you need to know about how JD feels about this Oline. We might see one big Oline signing (Conklin?), a pass rusher like Yannick & the he backs off & lets things play out waiting for some less expensive Oline fodder to fill out the roster & let Pollack figure it out with some youngsters he finds at #2 or 3s. JD ain't taking no LT PROJECT at #11. 

• Upvote 1