Brady to test Free Agency in March...

jetsons

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

If Prescott ends up having no leverage it will be because there isn’t a team outside of Dallas who thinks he’s worth anything close to north of 30 million per year.

The reality is that Jerry is the only shot he has at getting the giant contract he wants because he’s not THAT good. 

There are a few teams that should kick the tires on him.  TB, CHI, LAC, IND, CAR and maybe TEN are all going to be thinking about a new QB and are not in position to draft an immediate starter.   I'd also list OAK/LV as a wild-card if they do really want to move on from Carr.  Would any of them pay him $30MM+?  Probably one will because that's today's NFL.  

Here's a question to ponder:  Do you think SF would have won the SB if they had Prescott at QB instead of Jimmy G?  My first instinct is to say 'maybe'.  But then I remember that Prescott really couldn't win on the NFL team that is probably closest to SF in terms of construction.  And then I'm glad we're not one of the teams that might be chasing him.  It's Kirk Cousins all over again.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I thought I heard on the radio recently that BB finally came out and said he wanted Brady back?  I never checked the interwebz to verify.

If Brady leaves BB would love the narrative to be that he wanted Brady back. Those chowdaheads up there worship Brady

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, nycdan said:

There are a few teams that should kick the tires on him.  TB, CHI, LAC, IND, CAR and maybe TEN are all going to be thinking about a new QB and are not in position to draft an immediate starter.   I'd also list OAK/LV as a wild-card if they do really want to move on from Carr.  Would any of them pay him $30MM+?  Probably one will because that's today's NFL.  

Here's a question to ponder:  Do you think SF would have won the SB if they had Prescott at QB instead of Jimmy G?  My first instinct is to say 'maybe'.  But then I remember that Prescott really couldn't win on the NFL team that is probably closest to SF in terms of construction.  And then I'm glad we're not one of the teams that might be chasing him.  It's Kirk Cousins all over again.

No. 
Prescott is a nice starter. He’s not close to being the 40 million dollar guy that he supposedly wants to be.

He plays behind one of the best lines in the league with one of the best running games. 

He’s a good leader, but he’s an average to slightly above average passer from the pocket. 

Could a few of those teams kick the tires on him? Sure. Should any team give him 30-40 M per year? LOL no. 

30 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's a great question.  I'd think nobody wants to be the guy who follows Brady in NE.  And the list doesn't have any compelling names.  Tannehill might be the best if he even becomes available.  After that, you're looking at the likes of Dalton, Mariota, Bridgewater and maybe Winston.  I could see BB thinking he could resurrect Mariota or Winston maybe.  I just can't see them trying to sell Dalton to the fan-base. 

Honestly, Bridgewater is the one who would concern me the most.  And he has the right initials.  Get ready for TB5!

Oh gawd. Bridgewater in a pats uniform would be so disappointing. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

No. 
Prescott is a nice starter. He’s not close to being the 40 million dollar guy that he supposedly wants to be.

He plays behind one of the best lines in the league with one of the best running games. 

He’s a good leader, but he’s an average to slightly above average passer from the pocket. 

Could a few of those teams kick the tires on him? Sure. Should any team give him 30-40 M per year? LOL no. 

Apparently, you dont DVOA/DYAR, brah.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Brady wants to win a championship on America's team for the vampire, Jerry Jones. 

Looks like the Cowboys are going to sign Dak unfortunately. Vegas seems to be a good fit for Brady, will be interesting. 

Tom Brady to Tampa Bay makes the most sense for Brady.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

Projected cap space: $84,989,175 (via Spotrac)
Top weapons: WR Mike Evans, WR Chris Godwin, TE O.J. Howard
2019 Reg. season defensive DVOA: No. 5 (via Football Outsiders)

They've been dubbed the "sleeping giant" in the Tom Brady sweepstakes, and for good reason. The Bucs arguably have the best group of offensive weapons in Mike Evans and Chris Godwin along with a fast-improving defense following the addition of defensive coordinator Todd Bowles last offseason. If Tampa Bay doesn't want to pay Jameis Winston an extravagant contract, it'd make sense for the franchise to kick the tires on Brady. 

Chris Godwin and Mike Evans would rival the Randy Moss-Wes Welker duo that Brady played with in his record-breaking season in 2007. When you add tight end O.J. Howard into the mix, Brady could put together a pretty special campaign in 2020. Not only would Brady have those weapons at his disposal, but he'd have a stout defense and an offensive line that ranked No. 7 in the NFL, according to PFF. The Bucs also have the third-most cap space in the NFL, so they could address any other weaknesses on the roster. 

When you take out the market and any sort of history Brady may have with a given franchise, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the most attractive destination. If Brady wants to put up eye-popping numbers and contend for a Super Bowl, this is the spot.

#TB12TampaBay #TB12TB, #TB12MENTALITY

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

To me it’s pretty clear he’s leaving

And...

Both he and the league already know where, for how long and for how much.

And unless Jones does something stupid, I'd bet he winds up right back in NE where he belongs

The league has nothing to do with this and knows nothing.  Thats conspiracy theorists at work

8 hours ago, jetsons said:

and if Bill Belichick, who of course is making the decisions for New England, if he decides that Brady is his best option at this price, that … it will mean that it’s meant to be and it’s best for both sides,”

And there you have it. That’s how an owner should act. Get out of the way and let the adults i.e. the football people decide. Wish the Johnsons would do the same.

I thought 'Tommy' could get what he wanted from Kraft so I am surprised it's come to this. Staying in NE wouldn't surprise me in the end, but neither would leaving.

It's nice not to be part of the free agent QB drama anymore for sure.

FWIW, I think Bridgewater is just sitting there and you would have to be blind not to give him a chance. If for some dopey reason teams pass on the guy I'd like him back here as backup.

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He will back with the Pats, they are going through this to say they have gone through it.  No one is going to want Brady, The teams who are close have their QB those that aren't don;t want a near washed up 42 year old.

Bellichick would love to dump Brady but then he would have to pay actual value money for a QB and the reffing favouritism would be less.

Whatever ends up happening I'm sure I'll think "it was so obvious that would happen".

I mean, would anyone be surprised if he re-signs with the Pats?  It'll be like "he played 20 years there, why would he not finish his career there?"  But if he signs with another team, it'll be like "of course he was going to sign somewhere else.  Why else would he become a FA?  He wanted to set himself up for his career after football plus he got tired of BB and wanted to prove he could win without him.  Montana, Peyton, Favre, etc finished their careers in other uniforms so why not Brady?"

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/report-raiders-prepared-offer-tom-brady-two-year-60-million-deal

Report: Raiders prepared to offer Tom Brady two-year, $60 million deal

We have an actual dollar figure attached to the swirling rumors of various Tom Brady free agency landing spots.

The Brady-to-Las Vegas speculation has been out there since TB12 was spotted chatting up Raiders owner Marc Davis at the Connor McGregor-Cowboy Cerrone fight in Vegas last month. Now, veteran NFL reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (father of the Arizona Cardinals wide receiver) reports that Davis' Raiders are prepared to offer TB12 a two-year, $60 million deal.

I’m told ?Las Vegas is prepared to offer @TomBrady $60 million over 2 years.

— Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (@FitzBeatSr) February 14, 2020

It's interesting to note that Larry Fitzgerald Jr., like Brady, is a long-time interviewee of Jim Gray on Westwood One's broadcasts of Monday and Thursday night NFL games. 

LIVE stream the Celtics all season and get the latest news and analysis on all of your teams from NBC Sports Boston by downloading the My Teams App.

While Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported on Super Bowl Sunday that the Patriots are willing to go beyond $30 million a year to retain Brady, it's unclear if New England would make a multi-year offer, since the face of the franchise, who'll turn 43 in August, essentially worked under a one-year deal this past season. 

Our Tom Curran has reported that while the Patriots will "extend themselves" financially to retain Brady, money is likely not the most important factor to the QB.

As Curran wrote Friday:

The persuasion in the Patriots pitch has to revolve around "who" and not "how much." The team that Brady plays for in 2020 won’t be the winner of a bidding war, it will be the one that provides the best ready-made landing spot to compete for a championship and have a sh*tload of fun while doing it.

Listen and subscribe to Tom E. Curran's Patriots Talk Podcast:

• Upvote 1

I don’t see anyone picking up Brady. He’s washed up and he, Belichick and Craft knows it. He has no deep ball, his accuracy is not as good as it used to be, he’s not mobile. He’ll be in a new system for the first time in umteen years so that’s more of a gamble for teams. Plus he’s can compete marginally for 1, maybe 2 years tops. If he had anything left in the tank, this wouldn’t be happening. Any team on the edge of a SB already has their QB. 

53 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I don’t see anyone picking up Brady. He’s washed up and he, Belichick and Craft knows it. He has no deep ball, his accuracy is not as good as it used to be, he’s not mobile. He’ll be in a new system for the first time in umteen years so that’s more of a gamble for teams. Plus he’s can compete marginally for 1, maybe 2 years tops. If he had anything left in the tank, this wouldn’t be happening. Any team on the edge of a SB already has their QB. 

Read the post just above yours. ?

21 hours ago, jetsons said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/report-raiders-prepared-offer-tom-brady-two-year-60-million-deal

Report: Raiders prepared to offer Tom Brady two-year, $60 million deal

We have an actual dollar figure attached to the swirling rumors of various Tom Brady free agency landing spots.

The Brady-to-Las Vegas speculation has been out there since TB12 was spotted chatting up Raiders owner Marc Davis at the Connor McGregor-Cowboy Cerrone fight in Vegas last month. Now, veteran NFL reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (father of the Arizona Cardinals wide receiver) reports that Davis' Raiders are prepared to offer TB12 a two-year, $60 million deal.

I’m told ?Las Vegas is prepared to offer @TomBrady $60 million over 2 years.

— Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (@FitzBeatSr) February 14, 2020

It's interesting to note that Larry Fitzgerald Jr., like Brady, is a long-time interviewee of Jim Gray on Westwood One's broadcasts of Monday and Thursday night NFL games. 

LIVE stream the Celtics all season and get the latest news and analysis on all of your teams from NBC Sports Boston by downloading the My Teams App.

While Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported on Super Bowl Sunday that the Patriots are willing to go beyond $30 million a year to retain Brady, it's unclear if New England would make a multi-year offer, since the face of the franchise, who'll turn 43 in August, essentially worked under a one-year deal this past season. 

Our Tom Curran has reported that while the Patriots will "extend themselves" financially to retain Brady, money is likely not the most important factor to the QB.

As Curran wrote Friday:

The persuasion in the Patriots pitch has to revolve around "who" and not "how much." The team that Brady plays for in 2020 won’t be the winner of a bidding war, it will be the one that provides the best ready-made landing spot to compete for a championship and have a sh*tload of fun while doing it.

Listen and subscribe to Tom E. Curran's Patriots Talk Podcast:

Raiders make most sense for Brady.  They had the 6th best OL last year in pass protection, Fells, Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow, Josh Jacobs, multi year deal and I doubt Giselle wants to live in some hillbilly market like Indianapolis or Nashville 

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Raiders make most sense for Brady.  They had the 6th best OL last year in pass protection, Fells, Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow, Josh Jacobs, multi year deal and I doubt Giselle wants to live in some hillbilly market like Indianapolis or Nashville 

Ehh, Not even best team in division.

TN, SF, Dallas  make the most sense, just not sure they want him.