JetNation

Early Developments Have Jets Postioned to Snag Left Tackle in Round 1

Wirfs is about to blow up indy and go top 5 possibly to NYG at 4 - of all the tackles he's the least likely to make it to 11

I don't think Thomas or Wills are especially good fits for Gase system. Thomas especially is falling for whatever reason.  

Becton is rising obviously but scares the crap out of me as an anatomical human.

Josh Jones is a true fit for Gase system. 

picking him at 11 seems reachy but he had a great senior bowl and could workout well enough to make it legit.  It wouldn't be a bad pick, wherever it happens. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

this is the one decision that i can see impacting the jets draft.  jones is ranked in the 15-18 range on their board but is a great fit for the offense and can start at LT right away and move beachum to RT unless they've signed conklin.  but a guy like cee dee lamb is ranked 11th on their board.  and if mccagnan were drafting there would be a DT ranked 7th and he'd take that guy.  but how much will douglas deviate from his board to improve the OL, and how much will scheme fit factor into it?

it's more like Get the OT at 11 because there are WR all over the draft (especially around the 3rd rd area where they have double picks)

there aren't starting tackles all over the draft 

by the way they elevated Chuma Edoga to RT before he was really ready and they are probably going to give him the job again. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company