JetNation

Early Developments Have Jets Postioned to Snag Left Tackle in Round 1

Now that I got my daily dose of snark out, I doubt that JD's list of acceptable OTs at 11 will be 5-deep.  But since we don't really know which ones he prefers, this is all very good news.  I still think you set up a trade to 9 if there is a big gap and only one of your guys is left there, but it feels like the stars have aligned to get us a 1st-round OL this year. 

And to think that as our pick comes up, Macc will be screaming at his TV "Get the Safety, Delpit, you fools!" only makes me happier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Copernicus said:

Ugggh, do not like the idea of trading up no matter what. Would have to believe if the top 5 OLmen are off the board we go Juedy or Lamb. No?  In a perfect (and shocking ) world to Jets fans we trade down (hope). 

I get it.  But I don't think there are 5 top OL in JD's eyes.  More likely 2, maybe 3 that he prefers far above the others.  Let's say for him, it's Wirfs, Will and Thomas far above Becton and Jones.  At the 9-slot, only one of the top-3 is left and CLE is slobbering. 

Would you trade #11 and #79 for #9 and #113?  Same number of picks, but you slide down from mid-3rd to early-4th in order to get who you think will be your franchise LT.  To me, that's a no-brainer only if that situation develops.  More value goes to JAX in that trade and they almost certainly get the same guy they would have taken at 9 since NYJ and CLE are mortal locks to take OT.  Just something to ponder....

17 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Same amount of picks? I would strongly consider if we are talking about a franchise LT that Douglas loves. However it will be seriously criticized by the masses. Douglas will need thick skin 

When the camera shows CLE's new GM slamming his fist on the table and throwing his coffee at an intern after the trade is announced, the masses will be mollified :)

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think Wirfs will be gone by #11, possibly to the Browns right before the Jets pick.  Wirfs is almost the perfect guy for this team right now.  He's capable of playing both Left and Right Tackle.  If they brought back Beachum and played Wirfs at RT then Wirfs could move to the left side in 2021.

If Wirfs is there at 9 but Thomas and Wills are gone, do you swap picks #79 and #117 with JAX to move up to 9 and take Wirfs?

• Upvote 1

If Jones is the guy they think is the best fit, and he's a 15-18 ranked guy, I have no problem taking him at 11.  If he was much lower, and we could drop a few slots, fine, but you don't get cute when it's that close or you can end up taking someone far less valuable to the team.

Having said that, we saw OAK decide Clelin Ferrell was more of a fit than Josh Allen last year.  That decision did not age well LOL.  So it's really going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company