oh for 7

Losmeister

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

if it was from somewhere else i wonder if anybody would pick Sam too...     my only point is to get non jetnation opinions....   

My opinon is dont have one.  Another publication doesn't value our QB... that'll be till Wednessay when another publication has the exact same attitude.  Call me when the Athletic or Bleacher Report writes something objective or insightful about Sam's off season training regimen.

• Upvote 1

Seems a little premature for this type of a piece but it's slow time for the NFL.  I'd personally like to see what the Jets do this offseason before making predictions.  No QB was going to be successful behind last years historically bad OL.  

I didnt open the article but let me guess;  the players they picked, are 2nd year players who are on teams surrounded by talent thus easier to predict a "breakout season"? 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The chips already being in the middle of the table for Darnold- by both ownership and the majority of the fanbase is concerning. The prove it stage has seemingly gone bye-bye. 

Pretty pathetic on our part in my opinion. We turn on everyone immediately. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

if it was from somewhere else i wonder if anybody would pick Sam too...     my only point is to get non jetnation opinions....   

Your only point is to continue your message about Sam, the same one you've been repeating over and over in a variety of different ways. 

We get it, you don't like him.

And fantasy writers aren't football experts

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I'll remain optimistic about Sam.  I'd like to see him in the pocket focusing on the play a little more, and less time avoiding the pass rush before passing judgement on him.  I won't write off a young QB on a untalented team just because he's not MVP.

As for ESPN, gave them up years ago.  And, not even Chris Berman and Tom Jackson could get me back.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Why do you worry so much about what random people say about our QB? 

Would you feel better if Matt Bowen, whoever that is, picked Darnold?

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Would you feel better if Matt Bowen, whoever that is, picked Darnold?

I believe he's a Fantasy Football writer for ESPN.

Even if I think Sam is going to have a solid season in 2020, I wouldn't pick him inside the top 15 or so QBs in fantasy.  Why?  Because Adam Gase runs the slowest-paced offense in the NFL, and that dates back to his days in Miami.  He's a fantasy-killer.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We could win a superbowl 50-3 and we'd get roasted for allowing 3 points. 

We were the media darlings in 2009.  Success breeds positive media coverage.  Failure and losing season after losing season breed apathy or negative media coverage. 

Fail to make the playoffs for a decade and you become an afterthought.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We were the media darlings in 2009.  Success breeds positive media coverage.  Failure and losing season after losing season breed apathy or negative media coverage. 

Fail to make the playoffs for a decade and you become an afterthought.  

Correct.

the other thing is, historically, we are much better as underdogs with low expectations.

Let us prove that we are worthy of respect.  

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Oh hey look!!!! I found an article claiming Darnold would be our breakout player in 2019

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2834992-predicting-every-teams-breakout-player-for-2019#slide24

exactly. not saying that one thing will or will not happen. 

am looking for NON JET opinioons about the QB so many thinks is a lock.

am not finding a whole lot recently. maybe it'll change.

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The chips already being in the middle of the table for Darnold- by both ownership and the majority of the fanbase is concerning. The prove it stage has seemingly gone bye-bye. 

I don’t see it that way.   I think most Jet fans are only cautiously optimistic despite seeing some evidence that he could be special.  I think we d like to see how much better he is with another years experience and with more and better play makers and line.

If he gets some help and doesn’t elevate his game, fans will start talking about Tanking for Trevor, and I d guess Gase is also gone.  I think he will continue to improve but this next year is huge.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I think we d like to see how much better he is with another years experience and with more and better play makers and line.

this.

the way the media hyped him and the way JetNation hyped him, he was supposed to be a franchise transforming talent at the QB position,

thus far, not even remotely close.

i've said this b4, i LIKE SAM ,seems like a great kid. 

7 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Was about to comment and then I saw 'ESPN' in the link.

btw, what do YOU think are better websites for soprts information? I like the athletic but they dont tend to do as much of the types of articles , like the above. 

am not a defender of ESPN, per se. Its good general info, imo. 

22 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

btw, what do YOU think are better websites for soprts information? I like the athletic but they dont tend to do as much of the types of articles , like the above. 

am not a defender of ESPN, per se. Its good general info, imo. 

I tend towards the Athletic, CBS Sports and Yahoo Sports.  The coverage isnt great in every sport but I usually get a continuous flow of articles by focusing on certain writers.